Xbox360 Chatpad Driver!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » xbox360 Chatpad Driver!
xbox360 Chatpad Driver!
By Yves 2011-01-20 10:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For the people who have the xbox360 Messenger Kit (i.e. - Chatpad), a driver has finally been developed by the modding community allowing it to be used on the PC.

Yes, this means it works with FFXIV! The driver features full keyboard functionality along with mouse support. That's right - I'm using it to type this message right now.

The link is located here.

To summarize as Andy Samberg would:

"I installed the driver
typed some stuff
and
I
JIZZED
IN MY PANTS"

Indeed.
By Yves 2011-01-20 10:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to add that this is a working Alpha right now - like FFXIV. So there are bound to be bugs. So far I have only gotten one BSOD, though.

Some very basic things here to make sure you get a clean install and reduce BSOD errors (since I wiped and reinstalled I have had no problems):

1. Make sure that you have the most recent drivers for the 360 controller. These can be obtained here.

2. Make sure you have rebooted after you update the controller driver.

3. Before installing the chatpad driver, make sure you have turned off Digital Driver Signing via the F8 key after the BIOS message has displayed.

4. Install the chatpad driver.

5. Reboot.

Many thanks to the creator, GAFBlizzard (A.K.A. Blizzard A.K.A. AgentElrond).

I hope people enjoy the same ease of gameplay as I do now!
By Yves 2011-01-27 18:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump for people who have not seen this. ^^
By drar 2011-01-27 19:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been following Blizzards work for ages, sadly the only downside is that it currently is for wired controllers only (may only be for the Xbox 360 controller for windows as well, was originally).

Hopefully wireless get's released soon :D
By Yves 2011-01-27 19:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

drar said:
I have been following Blizzards work for ages, sadly the only downside is that it currently is for wired controllers only (may only be for the Xbox 360 controller for windows as well, was originally). Hopefully wireless get's released soon :D

Yes and yes. But hell - I'll take it. The keyboard and mouse is wonky and keyboard and controller is just horrendous. The chatpad is a Godsend!