Botany Anti-RMT?!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Botany Anti-RMT?!
Botany Anti-RMT?!
By Yves 2011-01-14 18:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlier today I set out to hit 20 on Botany (from 7-20). After about 2 hours near skull valley EVERY hit I made only damaged the item. I was cutting at the top of the node and failed 28/30 attempts. Not just failed, but received the "your cut damages xyz" message - even on first strikes. My hatchet was not damaged, nor any of my gear. At R12 Botanist with a R12 tool, you would assume this to not happen - especially considering that I was trucking along from 8-11 out there.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of garbage? Is this an anti-RMT patch?
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2011-01-14 18:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I call it gatherers fatigue personally. as you gather more and more w/o stopping u start to break items that you would normally have extracted. It starts at very low odds then eventually gets to where u break just about every item, lose entire points to this etc. i know this is true because ive done grade 1 @ like rank 25 and still broke items in 1 shot. switch to miner or wait for botany fatigue to go down. like 6hours or so and ull be able to botany again
[+]
By Tankue 2011-01-14 19:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You hit gathering fatigue between 2 and 3 hours into gathering. You will break everything you try. Either grind through it, or give it a rest and pick up something else.

I stopped gathering the first time I hit fatigue. It is the most frustrating mechanic in the game (for me at least).
By Yves 2011-01-14 20:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is some horseshit, tbh. They already have the surplus system.
By Tankue 2011-01-14 21:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, like you said, it is likely an anti-rmt system.. It really hinders legit players :-\
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2011-01-14 22:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i think they should keep the gatherers fatigue but increase the limit based on your rank. would keep the markets from flooding and still allow ppl to gather a bit
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-14 22:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

More like an Anti-Grind system.

Sounds more like that stupid 'we're going to limit the amount of time people can play a certain job' BS. >.<
[+]
By Suterusu 2011-01-15 02:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why DoL are some of the most time consuming jobs to get to 50.

When you reach gather cap, you don't stop if you are grinding. Add on fatigue and you are getting about 30-35SP per swing.

Now compare this to DoM/DoW: In DoL you get shitty SP, no physical level EXP, no crystals/shards, no items (cause you fail every time).

It took me a solid 15 hours non-stop to grind 65K SP when I was working on rank 50.

Have fun leveling your DoL jobs :)
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2011-01-15 05:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it helps hold back RMT, this really needs to be rebalanced... the markets for a lot of the items that are supposed to be gotten mainly through gathering are instead being flooded by the drops of grinding players.

Miner probably has it the worst. So many people are killing coblyns that the ore market's been destroyed. It's like if one of XI's gathering skills was dependent on colibri beaks for income.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-15 06:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea of RMT deterrent is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE one anyways. There is no such thing, it's the same as DRM on video games...

DRM on video games does nothing to piracy, but creates plenty of problems for people who legitimately bought the game.. Pirates just bypass it, while if you bought the game you're stuck with it and a single registration code.

Same thing applies here in a way.. RMT will just bypass it (get on another char or jump to another gathering class perhaps) and those who actually just want to play the job are being held back.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2011-01-15 09:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kowen said:

Miner probably has it the worst. So many people are killing coblyns that the ore market's been destroyed. It's like if one of XI's gathering skills was dependent on colibri beaks for income.

Miners have it the worst indeed. The first like, 20 levels they do, aside the rare iron stuff, they've screwed on. Iron stuf still is only 1kish a peice
By Suterusu 2011-01-15 15:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this is anti-RMT as much as anti-market flooding.

While yes, coblyns kill the ore market, I bet they didn't plan on players spamming them so much.

If you could gather endlessly players could farm for 12 hours and flood the market on items like yew logs and make them worthless for people who are trying to make money off of DoL.

While RMT could also do this, non-RMT players could do the same thing by flooding the markets.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-15 15:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Suterusu said:
I'm not sure if this is anti-RMT as much as anti-market flooding.

While yes, coblyns kill the ore market, I bet they didn't plan on players spamming them so much.

If you could gather endlessly players could farm for 12 hours and flood the market on items like yew logs and make them worthless for people who are trying to make money off of DoL.

While RMT could also do this, non-RMT players could do the same thing by flooding the markets.
I bet you they did.. They're not only one of the most common enemies, they're also one of the best enemies to solo skill up on. From everything I see, SE intended for exactly that.
By Suterusu 2011-01-15 15:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a thread about gather cap on DoL jobs, not a debate on the use of coblyn/doblyn.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-15 15:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Suterusu said:
This is a thread about gather cap on DoL jobs, not a debate on the use of coblyn/doblyn.

You made an unfounded statement, I pointed it out.. I'm not trying to debate their use, I'm correcting an error as I see it.
[+]
 Siren.Juilan
Server: Siren
user: Juilan
By Siren.Juilan 2011-01-17 22:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The crafting fatigue made me curse the game for three hours. On mysida i play as Peter Webster, have no idea why this doesn't let me use my FFXIV name to post with and im stuck with my FFXI name....
crafting and gathering are great things to do solo, i find myself getting bored trying to do stuff solo on my Pugilist... My ls isnt active when it comes to members (most on were 4 the other day) I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE FATIGUE i can't craft/gather for more then 4 hrs total, and when you're playing this for amusement, the games gets rather un-amusing after 4hr, so i doubt it's an anti-RMT as much as "we say you can only play this much!" if anything this issue encourages RMT activity i'm sure the groups have multiple trial accounts or w/e, but for me i only have the one account, now if i was being paid to swap accounts, and given multiple to play with to do the same thing on hours on end i wouldn't complain, but as myself? yes i hate this system, more over the damage system on gear/weapons is the ultimate anti-grind (or was it random dcs in high populated areas)
By GroundZero 2011-01-17 23:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

it means, go get a social life, get a job, education, a girl or what so ever and stop mining friggin 24:7...

start flaming on me, but after all... its the truth... hard as it is :D
By Yves 2011-01-17 23:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

GroundZero said:
it means, go get a social life, get a job, education, a girl or what so ever and stop mining friggin 24:7... start flaming on me, but after all... its the truth... hard as it is :D

This is another quote from GroundZero's profile, written by him.

"Ground Zero [Rabanastre]Score: 0
I'm a lone wolf, I dont like parties, I dont need friends, I solo or play with my bro, that works fine. I hate no lifers, go get a *** life, a job, education or a girlfriend.

Dont like me? ***out of luck, I dont give a ***, I dont like you either."

So allow me to break this statement down, play-by-play.

1. "I'm a lone wolf" - This statement is because above-poster wants to be viewed as a strong, independent individual. However, ironically enough, his need to express this to others is a direct indication of how much he values how others view him.

2. "I dont need friends" - This translates into two things. 1) I have a poor grasp on punctuation and 2)I struggle to make friends, hence my "lone wolf" statement - which is essentially a ploy to disguise my inability to socially function.

3. "I hate no lifers, go get a *** life, a job, education or a girlfriend." - Again, our subject is utilizing a verbal assault of judgment in order to further bolster his lack of self-worth. His choice of content (job, education, girlfriend) highlights that his overall view of value is based solely on how others view these categories.

4. "Dont like me? ***out of luck, I dont give a ***, I dont like you either." - A final closing statement reinforces that our subject feels the overwhelming need to remind those around him how little he cares about their view of himself. Again, the need to emphasize this an additional time displays just how important his image-projection is - ultimately showing that our subject craves social acceptance.

In three sentences (excluding your post in this forum) you have managed to indicate every single trait associatd with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). Spefically a trait identified by the DSM-IV-TR which is quoted as "need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy."

It's ironic how someone with an education is able to illustrate your emotional inadaquacies so quickly, no?
[+]
 Siren.Juilan
Server: Siren
user: Juilan
By Siren.Juilan 2011-01-17 23:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

GroundZero said:
it means, go get a social life, get a job, education, a girl or what so ever and stop mining friggin 24:7...

start flaming on me, but after all... its the truth... hard as it is :D
get a social life
i play this when its not working gas is expensive

get a job
i work on my computer, its a non-for-profit :p

education
you say that when most universities are on their winter break
(from what i noticed most people in the US don't start til tomorrow, or today based on time zone)

a girl
she doesn't spend most her time on a non-for-profit :p
By Suterusu 2011-01-18 00:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are as bad as Slipispsycho trying to find something out of context to argue about...

Anyways, how about them DoL jobs!?
 Seraph.Bachola
Server: Seraph
user: Bachola
By Seraph.Bachola 2011-01-18 08:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't we all just get along :P

Sorry , by no mean I want to ofend anyone , just the part about
Quote:
So allow me to break this statement down, play-by-play.

1. "I'm a lone wolf"
made me think of this clip