How Do You Stay Awake??

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How do you stay awake??
How do you stay awake??
First Page 2 3 4
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-02-18 13:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I've found is most "normal" people do not seem to have the same stamina gamers do.

When I was really playing hard I was putting in 80+hrs a week on this game.. Fed by lots of pizza delivery and PEPSI...

All while people I work with complaining about getting to bed after 9pm and being exhausted LOL.

What do you all do to stay awake during your gaming hours (or are you THAT guy that always falls asleep in pt's lol!)?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-18 13:17:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I have an on/off relationship with Insomnia. But her and I go waaaaayyy back.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-02-18 13:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am tiny, only five feet, one and a half inches tall and less than 110 pounds. So one red bull or Amp at ~12 noon will keep me going for most of the night, and when I crash my husband is here to faithfully tickle me until I am all ruffled and awake. (he plays FFXI, too.)
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-18 13:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't generally have a problem staying awake normally, but it could also have something to do with the mini-fridge I have in my office full of cold sodas. Even when I was working third-shift (for 5 looooong years, thank God I'm off that schedule) I would generally be up from around 4pm thursday (my last work day of the week) to about 5-6am Saturday...but then I would crash hard and sleep most of the day away.

But yeah, I'm just one of those people that doesn't fall asleep easily, and really only get like 5-6 hours of sleep a night anyway. Insomnia *** sucks, man...I miss those days back in high school when I would pass out on a friday at midnight and sleep until like 1:30 in the afternoon saturday. I haven't woken up feeling completely refreshed in like years >.<
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-02-18 13:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this "gamer stamina" in which you are referring to? I love my sleep, damn it.

Actually, Fri and Sats fiance and I usually game together, if we're not out together or getting drunk somewhere. <.< So, we have each other to keep us awake. If I did not have him well then I would resort to more Tim Horton's coffee than I already consume.

24hr Timmy's across the street from me, so I like to rob them of their double-doubles and then move up to triple-triples. <3
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-02-18 13:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Too much sleep can make you tired all the time. There could also be health related issues with ppl who are tired all the time as well. I'm not in as good as shape as i used to be, and ive noticed that I get tired at odd times now.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 13:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My couch when I play on xbox makes me sleepy, but if I play at my pc im awake lol for a looong time. So I guess the comfort comes in to play with me
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-18 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Topic said:
How do you stay awake??

Simple two word answer for a change. I don't :)
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-02-18 13:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont. I go to sleep when Im tired. If I know that I am sleepy, I dont take invites or start parties, and I tell my event leaders that I'll be missing that night.

Then I sleep. I <3 my sleep.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-18 13:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Topic said:
How do you stay awake??

Simple two word answer for a change. I don't :)

{lie}, you always go to bed before me :o

Quote:
What do you all do to stay awake during your gaming hours (or are you THAT guy that always falls asleep in pt's lol!)?

I just manage my sleep as I as manage my Taru MP Pool :d

Like right now, it's 9PM here, gonna sleep until 3AM, so I can wake up and salvage from 3AM to 5AM, sleep again from 5AM to 8AM, and go to the university tomorrow :)
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-18 13:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hang out with a crazy *** brit that is playing @ 11PM -12 AM CST, so if his *** can be up and playing so can I.(untill the wife comes in and kicks my ***) lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-02-18 14:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

diagnosed with insomnia at age of 12. typical nites sleep: 3-4hrs. MOST sleep gotten in a nite in past 13years: 6. even smashed outta my gourd, i wake up ~4hrs later. still drunk >.< and makes for a REAL MEAN hangover when u cant sleep it off...

sleep at 1-2a, up at 430a on work days sleep at 3ish wake up at ~7am with the kids on offdays.

g'damn kenji with the fake scrollbar! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-02-18 14:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

MONSTER, COFFEE, or VODKA. Sometimes I just pass out probly just running in circles.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-18 14:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
{lie}, you always go to bed before me :o

I meant I don't stay awake lol. When I'm tired I go to bed. I don't force myself to stay awake for events or anything. One I don't do them and second they're not worth it over sleep to me. Especially when I have work the next day.
 Kujata.Maidak
Server: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-02-18 14:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

oh man, well... i've been sleeping like 20+ hours a day this past few days because i got the flu. which btw reallllly sucks but what i do to keep me awake when i'm not sick is usually 1 monster energy drink and when i start 2 doze off or what not i'll start chain smoking.... but i recently quit smokin so its chew now >.> i know not healthy but it keeps me up
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-18 14:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

:( the flu sucks hope you get better, i just got over from having bronchitis and i know how ya feel :(

Also really depends what I'm doing in game to keep me awake.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
Server: Pandemonium
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-02-18 15:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Staying awake is the easy part! ^^

...It's waking up that's the hard stuff. >.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Thal
Server: Cerberus
user: Thal
By Cerberus.Thal 2009-02-18 15:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a completely inverted sleep schedule is what keeps me awake. Worked an overnight shift 2 summers ago from 10pm-7am and it still hasn't returned to normal. If I lived in Australia, I'd actually be awake when I'm supposed to be.

But other than that, Pepsi Max does the trick. And like someone else said, chewing will keep you awake forever. Fact.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-18 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny, but FFXI itself just keeps me awake. If I'm doing anything else that late at night, I'm DEAD TIRED, but I'm always fully awake during FFXI at any time of the night/morning, save for a few nights. But I've never fallen asleep, just been sleepy and... type like a dyslexic person >_>;
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-02-18 15:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Loud rock music blasting through the headphones works for me, doing an 8 hour xp party having been awake for 20 coffee just don't cut it, gotta keep pinching yourself...
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-18 15:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
It's funny, but FFXI itself just keeps me awake.

Same here...I'm the same way when I'm driving; I've never had that nodding off behind the wheel thing happen to me, even after being up for 36 hours straight. Driving just keeps me alert.
 Titan.Prefalin
Server: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2009-02-18 15:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had insomnia for a long time before i even really played MMOs not really on and off but just non stop insomnia i hear people complain about not sleeping a lot and i find people lucky to get even an hour of sleep while i can maybe go two or three days without any til i pass out. as for what i'm fed by basically pepsi, dr.pepper, monster, other energy drinks, pizza, hot pockets and i can't really remember anything else but that's basically it...i think
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Server: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-02-18 16:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Monster<3 I used to love staying up to xp or merit. I'm small too Liela, so one keeps me up 30-40 hours. Oh and if I'm cold I stay up longer... rather than being warm and cozy cus thats when I end up falling asleep at the pc :x
 Pandemonium.Sepihroth
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Sepihroth 2009-02-18 16:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Staying awake isn't a problem for me, it's the going to sleep and sadly waking up for me.
Also doesn't help that I have a 7 month old baby, that when he sleeps I don't sleep at ease unless I can hear his breathing is nice and steady....but atm he is sick....so....very little sleep for me lately ><

Even before I picked up FFXI I've had sleep problems since I was like 6....I remember staying up all night till like 6am....and since I couldn't get up just stay awake in my room and when I got NES it was less bored nights lol damn Mario....
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-02-18 16:49:43

Just curious uhh I have trouble feeling rested, basically I feel tired constantly no matter how early I go to bed or how tired I feel...is there something health related, am I danger or something? And oh yeah I stay awake playing FFXI because its that much fun. /killshimself
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-18 16:55:24

Reublucian said:
Just curious uhh I have trouble feeling rested, basically I feel tired constantly no matter how early I go to bed or how tired I feel...is there something health related, am I danger or something? And oh yeah I stay awake playing FFXI because its that much fun. /killshimself

What would help is to get a good night's rest from something that uses up alot of oxygen. In other words, eat a high carb snack, go jogging until you're fairly tired/out of breath and call it a day. I always feel very well rested after sleeping from something physically exhausting.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-02-18 16:56:48

Well I'm in two bands, and go to shows alot, which almost always is a crazy night ( i.e. most pits/getting beatup/drugs but dont tell my mom =o ) so I come home alot physically exhausted..still doesn't help at all just makes me not want to wake up in the morning even more haha
 Odin.Foxxie
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Foxxie 2009-02-18 17:00:01

Lots of red Bull and Coffee candy Shots.
First Page 2 3 4