Victory smite build
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-18 16:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why I made emphasis on all abyssites of furtherance and razed ruins, lol.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-12-18 16:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking of furtherance, are there any more Furtherance than what wiki has listed for heroes? The only new one I heard about is the one from cruor prospector.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-18 16:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be 3 total
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 04:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Waist question: aside from elemental belts which should be the winner here, which would be second best between the 7STR from Black Belt and the stats from Anguinus Belt?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 04:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Str+9 belt > Str+8 belt > black belt > other ***.

Ele belt is no good for smite.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 04:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So Angui is a total loser here? Mainly because I guess acc isn't needed in abyssea, +att is cool but offers very small improvement, and the +DA doesn't really make a big enough difference, compared to the consistent damage the +X STR belts offer on every single WS?

/cry

Oh and why is ele belt a loser btw? How much .ftp increase does it offer? Same as gorget? I heard someone claiming belts provide more bonus than gorgets. Maybe he meant accuracy?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 06:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea Angui loses here. 50% str mod, etc and yea the acc isn't needed and the 1% DA doesn't make the cut.

As for the WS belts, they're .1 FTP, same as gorgets. I've heard some conflicting data, so I went out and did 20 SA WS w/ belt and 20 w/o and from that data, some of the other mnk forums users compiled it to be .1 ftp, same as gorgets.

Ele belt loses here because Smite is a high FTP ws. The higher the FTP, the lower your gain.

Ele belt wins for AFury for example, because it's a 2.0 ftp ws (1 ftp from mainhand hit, 1 ftp from offhand), .1 from gorget

2.2 vs 2.1

2.2/2.1 = 4.76% increase

Smite has 2.4 ftp for the first hit, and 1 ftp for the last 3, with .1 from gorget

5.6 vs 5.5

5.6/5.5 = 1.82% increase

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-24 06:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, thanks a lot for putting some light on the issue Tiger :)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 06:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That information comes to you at the expense of 50 of my damn DKP to test the useless belt, lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 07:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My personal sets will be updated in the next couple hours or so btw.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2010-12-25 15:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of damage are your guys Victory Smites doing? My current WS set is more or less trash, so mine are sitting around 3.5k
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-25 15:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Around that much on /nin. I don't get to /war as much as I should, especially considering counter etc, but I'm not the leader of most of what I do unless it's smallman ***, so yea
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2010-12-25 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and what augments on Anwig? I was thinking str+4 ws acc+15, dex+4 critical damage+2%, but would agi+4 weaponskill damage+2% increase average damage more so than critical damage?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-25 15:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. 2% ws dmg would be all of ws dmg, 2% crit dmg would be only the critical hits of the ws.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-25 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

WS dmg +2% sounds better, gives the same amount of damage increase on crits as the other augment, but works on normal hits as well. Loss of 4 dex but no big deal
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2010-12-25 15:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty then, thanks.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-25 16:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiger.. I have a quick fTP question... Since you're also pup if I'm not mistaken.. fTP for Pummel is listed as .75 on wiki, but would that make it 5.75 since its 6 hits?

so go with STR+9 Beir Belt+1 ya? Anybody know the synergy recipe for this *** thing? I'm not too inclined to drop 700k for it on my server.

edit: Also, how much % increase to your dmg is that 9 STR gonna give from Beir Belt+1 over the elemental belts? And where does one draw the line between that belt and STR+9? is there a certain fTP number where the increase won't be so great? (Sorry I know this a mnk thread but it kinda pertains since it was brought up for Smite)
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-12-31 05:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Tantra Crown +2 beat Anwig with the +7 STR or would Anwig be better and if so which augments?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-31 11:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Tiger.. I have a quick fTP question... Since you're also pup if I'm not mistaken.. fTP for Pummel is listed as .75 on wiki, but would that make it 5.75 since its 6 hits?

so go with STR+9 Beir Belt+1 ya? Anybody know the synergy recipe for this *** thing? I'm not too inclined to drop 700k for it on my server.

edit: Also, how much % increase to your dmg is that 9 STR gonna give from Beir Belt+1 over the elemental belts? And where does one draw the line between that belt and STR+9? is there a certain fTP number where the increase won't be so great? (Sorry I know this a mnk thread but it kinda pertains since it was brought up for Smite)
Well I have thunder belt, which works for smite and it's at the point where I wouldn't use it over black belt. As for the FTP question, it not only depends on the FTP but also the % of the mod and how much of that stat you can stack in that slot.

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Would Tantra Crown +2 beat Anwig with the +7 STR or would Anwig be better and if so which augments?
It depends what you put on your anwig rly. For pure dmg, I don't htink you're going to beat the 4 str 2% ws dmg, and for PURE dmg, you'll beat the 4 str 25 ws acc head, but w/ next to, if not, absolutely no acc, even in abyssea, I like to use that head as a buffer just to make sure I'm not *** myself in the acc department.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 12:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx Tiger.. it seems that Smite and Pummel have similar fTP values, since they are multi-hit (seems pummel has more, so STR would way heavier than the .1 fTP from belt) and +9 STR is the absolute most you can stack in the game with the Beir Belt +1.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-01-01 19:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't WS in the twilight Belt just for DA+.. Epona's Ring is a lil different, because its a 6% chance to boost, not just 3..and in the belt slot you can stack up to 9 STR (Beir Belt +1)
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-01 21:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Twilight belt vs. Black belt? or even Beir Belt +1?

STR belts.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-01-01 23:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Thx Tiger.. it seems that Smite and Pummel have similar fTP values, since they are multi-hit (seems pummel has more, so STR would way heavier than the .1 fTP from belt) and +9 STR is the absolute most you can stack in the game with the Beir Belt +1.

You have to remember, VS is a 50% str mod and SP is a 35% str mod. Which means it takes more str for you to get the same boost VS is getting from str. So you need to figure what your overall str is at and how thats affecting you mod wise(b/c you should be capped on fstr) and then factor in the str belt you are using + the attack you are getting to decide if its better than an ele belt for you.

Ele belt seems to be a 1.7% increase for you btw. Im pretty sure the str belt you use will win, unless you are packing a huge amount of str on ws + using VV.(hence you should calculate and find out just incase)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-01-02 00:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

thx Hito... I think the Beir Belt+1 is gonna win..its a very high level item and its an HQ synergy, of a high level synth..its a fairly high end item, that we're lucky enough to only have for 700k on our server.. some servers its like 3-4x that price..
 Caitsith.Karaek
Server: Caitsith
user: karaek
By Caitsith.Karaek 2011-01-02 00:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@ tiger
you seem on the ball as far as the maths goes so was just wondering if you could let me know how Aias bonnet compares to other ws pieces for VS as thats what i have been using, and im unable to parse (lolxblock) and eye balling is useless, btw would u say eponas/atheling would be the way 2 go outside of abyssea also? i tend to use more acc/str in old areas as no RR/furtherance/etc

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-02 11:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Lokis Vs. AF3+2 body outside of abyssea?

Juogi, and also af3+2 body would win that, with Loki's you'll always have the Crit dmg, but with af3+2's Augments impetus, along with it's other stats, it'll pull ahead, even though Impetus isn't always on.
 Caitsith.Karaek
Server: Caitsith
user: karaek
By Caitsith.Karaek 2011-01-02 13:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its Juogi+1 > Tantra+2 > Juogi > Tantra > Loki's
Feel free to correct me if im mistaken (like ppl need an invitation lol)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-02 14:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Impetus = +2 body, always(inside or outside of abyssea). Which means you will be using +2 body a MIMIMUM of 60% of the time
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35