Why Do I Hate IPhone?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Why do I hate iPhone?
Why do I hate iPhone?
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-07-27 03:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Same reason I hate FFVII: the rampant fanboyism.

I'm not trying to start any flame wars, I just couldn't stop laughing at this vid. Fun fact: phone technology eludes me. I use a Kyocera Soho.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-27 03:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 obligatory Flame War anyway.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-07-27 03:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This wont last very long...
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-27 03:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my iPhone every day and I love it. Haven't had a problem with it in the 1.5 years I've owned it. Of course, I have it jailbroken, but it's still good.

Why do people hate the iPhone? Because they can't figure out how to use it themselves.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-27 03:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the guy who does this, he's the same one that did the FF vs WoW one I believe.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-07-27 03:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me, I hear now that jailbreaking is legal?
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-07-27 03:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally have an Android-based phone that I absolutely adore. I used to have an iPod Touch, which I realize isn't a phone, but functioned similarly to it and I just didn't like it very much. I wouldn't say I hate it...its just not my cup of tea.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-27 03:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
I personally have an Android-based phone that I absolutely adore. I used to have an iPod Touch, which I realize isn't a phone, but functioned similarly to it and I just didn't like it very much. I wouldn't say I hate it...its just not my cup of tea.

I bet you licked it...
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-27 03:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really got the big deal about iPhones, I'm still using a phone that can only just about play music, and it has snake on it... It calls, and it texts, why would I need a phone to do anymore?

Hell I don't even use that as much as I use my Online Skype number lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-27 04:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the way it says 'Oh God', 'What The ***' and 'Holy ***'
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 04:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my MyTouch 3G Slide. It's a mid-range phone considering what is out now, which sadly is T-mobile's "flagship" phone. But either way it is very nice, fairly fast, very customizable and has a really gnarly well spaced qwerty keyboard, which is the biggest plus.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-07-27 04:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:

I bet you licked it...
No...no...I wouldn't go that far.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-07-27 04:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the HTC really that amazing? It's a serious question; I've done no research at all and would like to know. I've been trying to get ahold of the iPhone 4 but it really is a hassle. The plans that they have aren't in my budget either. I'm already in "the sprint network" so the transaction to the HTC sounds like it would be easier on me and even yield greater benefits. I'm not going to leave my decision making to one funny video but I would like to hear some thoughts/opinions while I do some research between the 2.

ninja edit~
tl;dr version: iPhone or HTC?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-27 04:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There really is no one size fits all answer.. Both phones have their qualities, you should probably base your decision on which of the features are more important to you.. So here's a site that breaks it down for you.

Evo VS iPhone specs breakdown
 Fenrir.Wynnia
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-07-27 05:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
I use a Kyocera Soho.

That's a good phone. That's what I had before I got my Palm Centro. I've been debating going back to using it so I don't have to pay for internet service.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-07-27 05:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

cause only hippies buy it. it's true, the moment they have their iphone they turn into idiots. Trying you to convert you to appleism by saying "it's only best for you". yeah, well screw you hippies.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-07-27 05:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an itouch and love it but Im really PO'd at that last update OS4..it killed it...I gotta reupdate it and see if this..4.1..halps...

I laughed at the video when I saw it the other day and sent it to my dad. My dads a fan of this guy because he does alot of healthcare videos and they're highly accurate (my dads a paramedic).

This ones our favorite. We fake seizures in our hands all the time now 8(
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-27 06:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

screw the iPhone

I know many people who only use their iPhones and got rid of their computers, cuz they think the iPhone is a real PC.

Seriously guys, get over yourselves. You can't play PC games on an iPhone and i'd rather pay 20/month for a cheap phone + 20/month for internet than 200/month for a *** iPhone plan + $400 for the damn iPhone itself.

Sorry I like to be cheap and use things like they're supposed to be used.

Oh and GL having 0 bars on your new iPhone3 95% of the time or whatever that new iPhone that came out. Also, have fun typing text messages to yer friends, OH WAIT you don't have any friends because you have that iPhone stuck feet deep into your ***.

/annoyed @ people who claim iPhone is the best thing ever.

Remora.Deg
Server: Remora
user: Deg
By Remora.Deg 2010-07-27 07:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

^
I like this person.
By Stona 2010-07-27 07:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

To each his own... I love my iphone. I have yet upgraded to the iphone4, but I will get it. I used to have a blackberry and i got tired of butt-dialing people simple because i dont want to look like a tool that wears his phone on a belt holster.
I have had my iphone for over 2 years and have yet to have a single problem with them. As far as the issue with iphone4 dropping calls when you touch the metal frame/antenna... doesnt bother me one bit as I always like to have a protective case around mine to protect it from the inevitable drops.
Some of you all have posted that the iphone4 costs $400, but this is not true, the 16G is only $199 and the 32G is only $299. My plan is awesome i have 400 minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited data. Now yes, they did eliminate the unlimited data plan, but thank you for the grandfather clause because i pay $30 for unlimited and all newcomers have to pay $40 for 2G+tethering.
I know other phones have apps as well, but iphone has some seriously kick *** apps that i absolutely love. It carrys all my membership cards, any discount card that has a bar code can be entered and I have elimited having to carry those. It also has an app to lock/unlock and remote start my car (with purchase of a Viper security system). These in conjunction with a case-mate phone case that has two slots (ID and CC), I dont have to carry anything but my iphone.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-27 08:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only problem I have with iFone is it loosing neg with cell towers. Even if I have full reception and net access, calls just won't come in or go out sometimes.

I have the same problem with Androids but otherwise, I don't love or hate either phone. It's a phone and a mobile net device, it's handy and what's available today. Don't really care for apps myself, that's what my laptop is for.

Same, pockets = Wallet, CCs, little cash, keys, phone.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-27 08:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have much of an opinion on the matter of hating the iphone. I think people overhype it a tad too much. That was a very funny video. Aside for my ipod touch, I haven't bought anything from apple or itunes (I get all of my music from CDs and my cousin). I don't like AT&T. And probably sometime next year I'll want to buy whatever new version of the ipod touch they put out. I'll have to see, it might be a bit soon since getting my touch I don't remember when.

I have 153 apps on it and 2,853 songs. And I've never payed itunes money before. Not even with an itunes card. Although I will have to change that soon, I have 2 $15 cards and I want the ffxi soundtrack.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-28 09:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sayin'
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-28 09:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess there really is an app for anything!
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-07-28 09:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the first Iphone for awhile, then I got the HTC hero with Cellular south(It's a southern based company). I haven't looked back since. Not only does the android OS kick ***, but I never drop a call. Plus my phone bill went from $220+ (me and my wife with AT&T) to $120 a month. We get unlimited everything(Nationwide Phone,Text,MMS,and Data) for $59.95/ea

Iphone does stuff ok, and I think most of my complaints are with AT&T more than Iphone, but my android does everything my Iphone did, with much better quality of service.
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-07-28 09:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-28 09:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don’t have too much problem with the iphone as a product.

The phone is an average to well spec’ed smart phone with a decent community of app programmers. There are plenty of phones out there that can do more and there are phones that have done stuff long before the iphone could.

The problem comes when you try to talk about the iphone. For some reason (which I have never understood) the owners of iphone seem to think that it is a vastly superior to any other phone every made and the only phone that could ever be better is the next iphone.

Which makes no sense; there are many phones with better specs, better coverage or FLASH SUPPORT etc.
It’s a bit like blindly saying Windows is the best OS… It’s not the best, just the most popular
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1516 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2014-09-21 12:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is just sad in many way. Figured this video is pertinent to the revive of this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA135pd7oD0
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2014-09-21 12:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent necro sir. Job well done
[+]