Why Can't My Moogle Deliver Things To People?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why can't my Moogle deliver things to people?
Why can't my Moogle deliver things to people?
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-13 13:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, seriously, I had to do a ton of muling last night, and I just don't understand why we can't send items from our mog house as well as receive them. I mean, I know it's a common gripe, but did Square ever actually address it? I know that PS2 memory limitation are what keep our different safes at 80 items, and I'm assuming that's also why the max number of items delivered at once is 8 items, but does the location where we send items from really matter at all in terms of hardware?

At any rate, would it be too easily exploited or something? Any downsides to this that don't occur to me? Seems like it'd be a REALLY easy thing to implement that would make the player base literally ***bricks with how awesome it would be. I'm sure this has been discussed before many times, and, yes, I know I'm lazy, but I'm curious ^^
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-13 13:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually wish there were travelling moogles just like in other ff games.

Think about it, you are out in dunes as ranger and a travelling moogle is near your camp, the moogle can prob sell some arrows or bolts instead of running to selbina causing downtime for your pt if u run out. (This is an example lol)

Anyways, they prob wouldn't extend the slots in delivery just cause of suspected rmt etc. excuse they will use.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-13 13:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm i'm trying to think of reasons why they wouldn't do this... but aside from having to change game mechanics slightly I don't see how it is a bad idea either.

I don't see any way to exploit it as it would be adding a "deliver" command that would function the same as the delivery NPCs and be as safe as those are.

As a plus side it might actually reduce lag in whitegate a tiny bit if people are inside their mog houses sending stuff instead...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-13 14:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:
As a plus side it might actually reduce lag in whitegate a tiny bit if people are inside their mog houses sending stuff instead...

Yeah, that would be awesome. My framerate drops sooo freaking bad when I'm out there; I've gotten into the habit of automatically cutting my clipping and character models displayed to the minimum before I even go out there, and THAT doesn't even really help much.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-13 14:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe SE could just add a delivery person to the area outside the moghouse.That would get my vote!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-13 14:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
Or maybe SE could just add a delivery person to the area outside the moghouse.That would get my vote!

Then ppl complain its too far from the auction house :(
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-01-13 14:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant add as in - have one at the AH and one at the mog :)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-13 14:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

that can work
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-13 14:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I see it, they could just leave the delivery people next to the AH, and just give us an extra menu option for "Deliver" in the mog house. Would cover the peeps that wanna send stuff next to the AH, and make muling SO much more efficient.

I mean, unless somebody literally just started the game, everybody has mules for extra storage. I've got a Mage equipment mule (which doubles as my very handy jeuno mule), a Melee Equipment mule, a crystal mule, and an "everything else" mule. I spend so much time (I'm sure everyone does) just sending drops and gear all over the world, it'd be nice to not have to run all the way down to the AH to send stuff, then wait the 30 seconds to log out on top of that...frustrating, to say the least.

EDIT: I mean, say they are worried that it would be exploited by RMT. Then they could simply limit the Mog House delivery option to characters attached to the same POL ID. That would keep RMT from sending stuff around easily, yet still give us the ability to mule quickly. Since 99% of the time I'm sending MYSELF stuff and not someone else, I think it would work...
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-13 15:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is a excellent idea.