Forum » FFXI » General » How Items Sell on AH
How Items Sell on AH
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-12 16:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, This is bothering me, iv'e been waiting for my items to sell on AH, yes, i know they won't always sell 1st time you put them up. But.

iv'e been watching the sell rating of 3 items that i have up for sell, [Veneerer Ring] [Deft Ring] [Combat Casters Scimitar]

And, whats iratateing me, there where 0 Combat casters on ah when i put mine up, right. for less then 10k, (10k average price) Yet 5~ have sold, for 10k, and then 2 for 9001 gil.

any idea why mine didn't sell? it was cheapest "and only one on ah at the time" and, doesn't the cheapest item sell 1st?

As for the rings >.> I don't expect them to sell non of my ah items have been selling, as if the AH hates me lol. (even if i go as far to under cut by 2.500 gil)

-might just be me, >.> but im just trying to figure out why my item wont sell, when its under the average price, and when buyers Pay 10k for a item that was listed for 9100, that would have caused mine to buy, and i find it hard to beleave that the other sells happend between 3 > 8 am pst an mine didn't sell >:\
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-12 16:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

An item sells based on #1 cheapest and then #2 how long it has been on AH.

What probably happened with your CCS is you put it up for 10k, then 5 people put one up for less than 10k before anyone bid on it. They bid 10k, not thinking about the people undercutting and the ones undercutting sold for 10k. Then the two after that sold for much less than you put yours up for. Generally it's a good idea to at least undercut the normal by a little bit. Even if you put it up for 9999, if someone like yourself put it up for 10000 exactly and has been on the AH a day longer than the one you listed, yours will sell first because it goes by listed price first. And people never try to save just a single gil. Usually if I'm selling a 10k item, I'd list it at something like 9611 so that mine sells either next or at least relatively quickly.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-12 17:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, but at the time there where 0 on stock when i placed mine. for 1k less, an the other ppl payed 10k, ya i under stand some one could have placed one up there for even less.

but the sell history shows that 10k was bidded on them, an sold, for 6, then 2 sold for 9001 (that shows the under cut) but i still think mine Should have sold, but thats just me

Only havening 800 gil to my name. I need these items to sell :\
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-12 17:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, trust me, there isn't like some conspiracy or something. They put the item up for less and someone that bought it didn't bother seeing exactly how low they could get it for.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-12 17:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens to me all the time, nothing's more irritating then watching the same thing kick back 2 or 3 times for no good reason at all other than bad luck.

Just watch the market, undercut the going price by a LITTLE (I ALWAYS underbid, got a dark staff for 2k a month ago, bet that guy was irritated) and keep your fingers crossed. It's all you can do, really.

EDIT: Also, if undercutting is getting ridiculous, I always bid on an item up to a certain point to get a better idea of what the actual listed price is, and then list a couple gil lower. It may be a little dirty on my end, but watching Hi-Ether's go from 2k each to less then vendorable prices on the AH warrants some dirty dealings, imho. Of course, I'm selling cheap stuff most of the time, so your mileage may vary of course.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-12 17:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, well i just changed the price of all my items, >.> they where about to be kicked back to my D-box anyway, and thats packed

( i just talked to brutality, she told me she payed 10k for hers, lol so maybe there is a conspericy :O xD Idk :\ lol i need teh gil, :3 )