This Just Might Work....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » This just might work....
This just might work....
 Alexander.Barryrock
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: barryrock
By Alexander.Barryrock 2009-01-12 00:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been playing this game a long time now and so far Ive seen so many changes in the game. I have a couple ideas to fix this game or help it out ,which ever way you perfer to see it as. But I was thinking for all new people who play the game, they should have an upgraded version of GIL and call it "Rare Gil. Basically what Rare Gil is Free Money with restrictions. With Rare Gil they can buy food, and equipment(which is something that there not able to do easily right now), the catch is they cant re-sell the equipment at the auction house so when there done using it or don't have anymore room for it they will just toss it out. This way they can level their job faster in the game and gain experience. Not only would this rare gil help the new players but it would help out the economy. Now, the way it would help the economy is by eventually destroying some of the items that have been crafted, which then would mean new items can be crafted with out a hugh over flow of items in the auction house. Theres a little more to it but this is basically the general idea. You are more then free to add your own opinions to it, keep in mind its just something that i thought up of, haven't really put to much thought into how RMT's could mis-use it.

My second idea is for Helping out the situation we are having with Farming. Basically it follows the same concept of Rare Gil except with the items they have two options.

A)They can sell it at the auction for normal gil.

or

B)Sell it to NPC for rare gil.

I know you guys are gonna go off the page with this but there are a lot of items and armor that we buy at the auction house that we know where never gonna sell and most likely keep it forever. At least in my theory we can spend 3 hours of farming and actually get somewhere. If anything its more for us and our character. It doesn't effect anyone else in the game, RMT's cant abuse this systems or at least I cant think of any way they can. If however you can think of a way this theory can be abused, then the next step would be for ONLY NPC's to sell and buy it, that way no one can pull some kind of trick in the auction house.

Like i said before i might not have all the bugs fixed on this idea. But I definitely think Rare gil could find a place on Final fantasy and if planned right could really benefit the players.
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-01-12 00:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bug 1 change the name, "rare gil" bah~
Bug 2 solved as soon as it is SE puts their hands on it.
Bug 3 no bug 3, I kinda like that idea, yeah I see some small issues here and there but all and all it's a sound idea more or less for removing the mark of this games age ~ crafted/quested or otherwise overly introduced items. Not bad ^^
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-12 02:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Better idea, much easier to implement... lower the break rates on desynth and improve chances of getting the valuable part back, then you have a crafters dream...

A system that checks itself, and price of NQ is truly regulated by price of materials to make it. Instead of buying a earring/ring/any armor from AH and it was probably crafted in 2003.

This i think is the best method to deter deflation without adding much reasonable cause for some kind of massive inflation, no matter what your stance is on it you know you honestly do not like buying an item for 300k then a week later it's steady selling for 100k.

No body likes losing money, especially people who like me gamble millions of gil on a batch of synths only to lose on it due to Nq resale prices hitting bottom.

People undercut your Nq synths? no problem just buy the dumb *** out and desynth it, bingo!
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-01-12 05:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

the catch is they cant re-sell the equipment at the auction house so when there done using it or don't have anymore room for it they will just toss it out.

Ack. no thanks.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-12 05:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Bind-On-Equip, WoW style. Though admittedly it's a lot easier to farm gold in WoW than it is to farm gil on FF.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-12 06:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be intrresting if they implemted Something to help players with Gil problems,

this sounds like it would be fun, but it involves farming, most ppl don't like to farm :P they *** & wine about it ^^

What i think would be a fun improvement, would be like "Moogel Bank of Vana" Lol Or something like that, where you can store your gil for periods of time, and get and % increase on it. ( would help me Not spend it, and not have to make an other mule to hold my gil just to get it suspended by SE. (Note: friends mule is still "under investagation for a month + for haveing to much gil >.> she cant even access the mule, so free money for SE?)"

Anyway <,< and befor you think rmt would just abuse this, :3 well it would be monthly periods, and 98.9% of the Rmts are removed Right befor mantnance, right?

just my idea ^^ i better get a bucket of water, im about to be Flamed for this xD
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-12 06:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a flame, it's just a spark =p Imagine the amount of interest some players would make in the Moogle Bank of Vana'diel? Small interest on millions of gil o.o.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-12 06:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there could be a limit. or just a 7.4%? at most, and take Fame & Rank in to the picture, so like,

Rank 1 Jeuno Fame 1 : 2% interest
Rank 10 Jeuno fame 9 : 8% interest.
with a set cap of Gil you can have interest on
like, say 25% of what you have in there max.

so put in 1,000,000 gil "Thats a lot for me >.> "
25% intrest on that would be 250,000 gil by the end of the month.(at a 25% intrest, thats Alot. but easer for a mathematical comprehension

=3 Shhure i can Tele / retrace / farm / bcnm for that in 60 mins to 5 days. "im lazy >.>"

but it would be Easy, fun money i could spend at the end of the month, ( Kinda like a Food stamp, or a disabled check) Witch would you know last me about 5 mins at the AH XD
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-12 07:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackmist said:
(Note: friends mule is still "under investagation for a month + for haveing to much gil &gt;.&gt; she cant even access the mule, so free money for SE?)"

ouch, they really do that? i have all my gil on a mule, aside from couple of 100k for pocket money. I know myself well enough, if i got the gil on main char I find all kinds of things that i "need" >.<
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-12 16:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it happened, she put all her gil on her mule. so she woudln't spend it (She needed it for items like togi+1 or w/e (something like 30 mill) but still XD yea she even spent like 6 hours on the phone trying to explane it to them, why she had that much gil on her mule

[they said it was An irregulare activity] >.>

I don't think a gil seller / RMT will Call SE an bicker about it for 6+ hours, <.< they just make a new mule, farm & wait for the things unblocked
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-12 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

only 30mil ?

That's not really that much gil even, if it was RMT, those mules have well beyond 30m probably lol.

Also.. i can't remember the last time i had over 30mil on hand, probably back while still leveling craft before deflation set in, so yah i guess 30m is a decent chunk but still, i guess selling a -1 body would be irregular activity if i made one and sold it off of a mule char?
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-12 18:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know, probly concluded that server jumping was allso irreguler activity thats how she would get x-y-z crafting items, or w/e idk 100% And 30m is just an example. im not shure how much she had, =3