Spectacles Price Jump On Fairy Server...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Spectacles price jump on Fairy server...
Spectacles price jump on Fairy server...
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-09 16:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at these with the intention of picking it up just before christmas break, and after returning from vacation I go to buy a pair and the price has literally doubled over the course of a couple days (45k-50k on 12-31, 90k just 2 days later). Did I miss something? I've been waiting for the price to come back down, but if anything it seems like it's increasing more and more.

So yeah, any idea's on why the price may have jumped so suddenly? Or just normal supply and demand situation?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-09 16:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here on Gilgamesh it went from 50k Dec 26 to about 80k present. Dunno a reason why these would jump up, I don't see it as part of any quest.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
Server: Ramuh
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-01-09 16:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i think it's just supply and demand. It used to be a lot more in the past but for some reason they dropped. it used to be 200k at one point i remember here on ramuh. can't remember ho long but it was in 2008 i think.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-01-09 16:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed ALOT of price jumps here on rag. Kinda annoying.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-09 17:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe mini-inflation due to people buying gil? I started playing when the economy was evening back out a couple years back, but an LS friend that's been playing since damn near launch said that prices would skyrocket every year after christmas back in the day, although tbh I hadn't really noticed it myself over the last couple years I've been playing...until now, that is.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-09 18:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a few price jumps but nothing major. To be honest I bought this piece because I was unable to get a Chiv Chain. It's been in my pull macro but otherwise I don't use it. I'd attribute this to S&D.