Forum » FFXI » General » Dual Wield and Attack
Dual Wield and Attack
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-01-09 00:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really thought about it because on THF I'm always using two daggers but on COR I use sword and dagger. Because COR has different levels at which the weapons cap, my Attack is higher/lower depending on which I have in the main hand. So.. should I use the one that's higher for main or does it not really matter? Specifically for the Attack rating when doing melee dmg- I know using Ranged WS will use my Ranged Attack.
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-09 01:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people put thier tp getter in the off hand, and the one they want to ws with in the mainhand but, you probably use your gun for all ws so I assume it doesn't matter.
 Bismarck.Nours
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-09 01:07:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter, the Attack statistics used for your Marksmanship WS is the one coming from your Ranged (sadly, not showed by UI.), melee one will not matter.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-01-09 01:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoey said:
Most people put thier tp getter in the off hand, and the one they want to ws with in the mainhand but, you probably use your gun for all ws so I assume it doesn't matter.
This is because they want to have the weapon with with the highest dmg do the ws too I assume. I will be using Gun yes, but I'm wondering about my attack rating when I'm meleeing.

Nours said:
Doesn't matter, the Attack statistics used for your Marksmanship WS is the one coming from your Ranged (sadly, not showed by UI.), melee one will not matter.
Right, I know my range ws will not matter with the displayed attack number but I'm asking for my melee hits- does it matter that the higher attack is displayed vs the lower (dagger vs sword in main).

Sorry I didn't specify what for in OP.
 Midgardsormr.Ohdin
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Ohdin 2009-01-09 03:18:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Since you will ws with ranged and not melee it does not matter which hand holds which weapon. With that said I would still set it up so that if the chance presents itself that you will ws using your melee instead of ranged, you will have the best one in your main hand.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-09 03:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine you'd have to check FFXIclopedia or similar to know for sure.

I know your base attack displayed on your Equipment screen changes based on your mainhand weapon, but I'm not sure if your offhand weapon's attack rating is derived from that, or if it is calculated seperately using it's respective Combat Skill and not displayed. I would assume the latter.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-01-10 16:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I use 1 weapon. Joyeuse. I ws in merit ptys with gun (Martial Gun) and in other places where i dont wish to waste bullets i ws with sword. I dont suggest using 2 weapons on cor (b/c personally i think cor/nin is the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing ever) most of the time ull be /rng or /whm anyway (or should be to get the best out of ur job) but if ur going to, use whichever gives the highest attack rating when equip in ur main hand
 Bahamut.Silvarion
Server: Bahamut
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2009-01-10 18:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Joytoy+ Matrial Gun, and ull rock ur COR!