Forum » FFXI » General » Swift Belt NM - Hume
Swift Belt NM - Hume
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-01-06 23:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's everyone's thoughts on a Nin/dnc and Blu/nin duoing Balor? (Of course as long as EES doesn't one-shot either of us)
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-07 03:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

blu nin? IDK.. somehow when I think of DNC, it makes me think you have a fighting chance???

But I mean it takes 6 ppl to get him down.. if you DO do it with nin/dnc, please let me know. ID have a go with him on Sam/Dnc
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-07 03:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried low manning the Elv one (THF/WAR... eww).

As NIN/DNC using Sushi, I could barely maintain a 60% hit rate. I know there's a slight difference in jobs here, but I figured I'd toss it up as a note.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-07 05:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The Elvaan NM is really troublesome :3. Our LS did a Swift belt run recently, and we fought him. The first time I thought "what's all the fuss about?". Turns out it's not just his evasiveness, but the double & triple attacks. I don;t think that one can be easily low-manned.

Balor, the Hume NM, is fairly straightforward. Subject to approriate skill and focus, I think you could duo with that setup. EES is absorbed by shadows, so you'd have to be unlucky to get hit. Luckily unlike many NMs he doesn't seem to use it at the end of a combo designed to leave you helpless and vulnerable.

Typical fomor abilities are more of the issue i'd have though, but by all means give it a try, I think it is definitely possible ^^
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-07 08:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the ELV one is definitely damn near impossible to low-man without the perfect group.

We had, PLD NIN BLU SCH to try it. It'd been an event I had planned for a while, but being close to christmas (about 2 weeks before) people ended up getting dragged away to family and such. I ended up dual boxing NIN + BLU. We got it to around 40% before everyone ran out of MP, 2hr's, etc. We worked out with a RDM we would've been ok, was mostly a problem with PLD MP running dry from "Not quite perfect preperation" ><'

The normal Fomor ws's are definitely a bigger problem than EES on Hume one, as long as your BLU keeps shadows up all the time, is careful with the damage they deal (so they don't pull hate off NIN) and spams Head Butt (omg i just Tab-Key'd that ; ;), I doubt you'll have too many problems. I'd definitely take a few yagudo drinks and maybe some au laits.

Mostly, be ready for a long fight, I'd say at least 30min per pop.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-01-07 23:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that was a bust... haha. The only reason we died is because of Carnal Nightmare (AoE TP loss), which I totally didn't even think about when I planned to try it haha. :P

He was at ~60% when we died.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-01-07 23:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:

We killed the Elvaan 3 times with a group of 7 people in roughly 10 minutes each fight. It's not that difficult WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-08 02:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh gawd, /dnc... Carnal Nightmare.. I knew one of the TP moves was bothering me for this duo effort, but couldn;t put my finger on it ; ;. Bad luck.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-08 03:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Vintaru said:
Hitetsu said:

We killed the Elvaan 3 times with a group of 7 people in roughly 10 minutes each fight. It's not that difficult WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

Bojack said:
What's everyone's thoughts on a Nin/dnc and Blu/nin duoing Balor? (Of course as long as EES doesn't one-shot either of us)

2 people isn't 7.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-08 05:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Little less than half.. It takes nothing close to 18 people to kill a SB NM.. I'm pretty sure 99% of FFXI know that..

I was giving an estimated time of what I'd expect a duo to take at the minimum, not how long I'd expect a full alliance of 18 people to take to kill it.

7 people is more than 3 times the number of people Bojack was using, so to be fair, if you couldn't kill it in under 30minutes, I'd cry and recommend you go back to West Ronfaure.

Having the perfect setup isn't always an option, or sometimes, it's just about taking the risk for fun and kicks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-01-08 05:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Vintaru said:
Hitetsu said:

Bojack said:

2 people isn't 7.

Hitetsu said:
Yeah, the ELV one is definitely damn near impossible to low-man without the perfect group.

Sorry for the technicality. So whats 7 in comparison to 18, or even 12?

I believe you said "Low-Manning it". Low-manning and duoing are different.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-08 05:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

7 isn't what I'd call low-manning a NM that a PT can kill with ease.

Maybe 4 or less?
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2009-01-08 05:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried it solo as BST/NIN with a Famiared Blubber Eyes and took Balor down to 20%.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-08 05:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vintaru said:
Hitetsu said:
Vintaru said:
Hitetsu said:
Bojack said:
2 people isn't 7.
Sorry for the technicality. So whats 7 in comparison to 18, or even 12? I believe you said "Low-Manning it". Low-manning and duoing are different.

Easy now. The 30mins a fight comment was made with reference to the two jobs in the initial post duoing Balor, the 'HUME' nm. And it's true, with 2 people, especially a NIN/DNC & a BLU/NIN, it'd be a long drawn out fight.

Hitetsu said it was almost impossible to low-man Luaith (the Elvaan NM) without the perfect party.

Vintaru said they did the fight with 7 people in 10mins 'WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE' (i.e. the perfect party?).

You both responded to the wrong things with the wrong comments. What are you arguing about? =p
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-01-08 05:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Little less than half.. It takes nothing close to 18 people to kill a SB NM.. I'm pretty sure 99% of FFXI know that..

I was giving an estimated time of what I'd expect a duo to take at the minimum, not how long I'd expect a full alliance of 18 people to take to kill it.

7 people is more than 3 times the number of people Bojack was using, so to be fair, if you couldn't kill it in under 30minutes, I'd cry and recommend you go back to West Ronfaure.

Having the perfect setup isn't always an option, or sometimes, it's just about taking the risk for fun and kicks.

Well, I'm not here to argue with you. But since most shouts for this event consist of two alliances with 10-12 people, I'd say 6-7 is considered Low-man. But I wouldn't call duoing or trioing Low-manning it, I'd call it duoing or trioing.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-08 05:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump: Reference to my previous post; You guys are getting into a flame war when INITIALLY you never disagreed with each other. Now you;re arguing about the deninition of low-manning ^^;
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-12 11:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can sneak pop these NMs, no need to kill mobs by the draft =).
 Bahamut.Cyr
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-01-12 15:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:

Lol. Goodluck. There is no amount of evasion gear at that level that can save you. He's a RNG type mob, and has RNG job traits, including a massive acc bonus. He will not miss you, and will eat through your shadows very quickly. You have no form of haste, and you have no elegy or slow for the mobs(not that elegies or slows affect his ranged attack rate) to aid in utsusemi timers meeting. It will be physically impossible to keep shadows up anywhere near as much as you would have to in order to be successful, even if you time shadows perfectly.

I'd say goodluck, and bring a mule for raises after you wipe.