Hi! Excuse me {your opinion} {Can i have it please?}
 Ragnarok.Einhanderzt
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Einhanderzt 2009-01-06 23:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello ,I'm Ein from Ragnarok server ,i'm doin a research about

"why do people quit the game?"

even the doctor of marketing in a whole world cant understand the consumer for real then who will ever know the people desire?

please cast your vote at my site {can i have it?} {Please assit} {thank you}

www.amu.in.th (T^T)/\ thank you
 Ragnarok.Einhanderzt
By Ragnarok.Einhanderzt 2009-01-06 23:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry its the rules ,,, no advertising site but ,...
(=,,=) sigh i'm sorry
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-07 00:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see the reason why I have quit ffxi everytime i've ever quit listed and alot of that page showed up as gibberish on my screen, this is why i always quit:

The game takes entirely too *** much time to accomplish anything worth while and still have a real life. I'm a pretty well accomplished player, and this game for many years robbed me of "Real Life".

I dont like WoW because there isn't sense of accomplishment like in FFXI, but FFXI is too damn time consuming, wish there could be a balance between the two.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-07 03:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never quit it yet, as 3 years has gone and past me..

made lots of friends on it.

the only real reason I could see quitting, is becasue I joined the war, or I won the lottery, and I found better projects to do, ( i.e Work on a car that I could start from scratch and restore)

of the latter, I don't see me winning the "The big one" or "serving my country", the both aren't happening!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-07 03:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I really don't like the time consuming element of ffxi, it's why I dont like to farm for gil much and am pretty poor as consequence lol But the game is really rewarding; getting first artifact piece, getting first 75, completing CoP, getting first sky/dyna drop makes this game so fufilling.

Saying that, bad experiances with players, lvling a job you end up not enjoying or getting stuck at things like G3 and not getting any help with stuff >.> The later of which nealy made me quit.

Don't see myself ever quiting now though, i'm in a gr8 LS lots of friends and jobs I love to play.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilikebums
Server: Fenrir
user: Womblina
By Fenrir.Ilikebums 2009-01-07 10:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm there have been a lot of reports and research done into this, and a lot of the time the game has been compared to drugs. I personally have never quit the game but i have moved servers to escape from some drama.. i think when u walk away from the game and find ur self cursing someones Game name and getting frustrated by something on the game thats when it stops being a game and starts interferring and when this happens its normally a downward spiral unless u can change the situation. I notice a lot of my friends who have run very successful endgame linkshells find too much pressure and grow bored, i mean if you think about it lets say you run a very successful and lucrative Dynamis Linkshell with roughly 40-50 members and ur running spreadsheets point systems and sometimes going as far as lvling jobs specifically to help the shell run more efficiently this becomes somewhat like a real chore/job managing 40-50 whinging people "u got my points wrong" "he got to lot my gear im quitting" etc etc and in some cases where people give out details like mobile numbers this then escalates outside of the game and enters your real life ! u can receive phone calls from members of dynamis in midst tantrum !! I have managed to play for just under 5 years now and have avoided most end game and the only drama that puts me off playing is self inflicted where i get too close to people in game, but i am greatfull for the new friendships i have made from the game, but when i press /logout the game should go away and out of my thoughts until next i log on
[+]
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-07 11:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't go to that link people.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Einhanderzt
By Ragnarok.Einhanderzt 2009-01-07 11:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Devek said:
Please don't go to that link people.

- -" i didnt do anything bad at all - -"?

anyway I thank you for your all opinion m(-_-)m
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-01-07 11:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
the only real reason I could see quitting, is becasue I joined the war, or I won the lottery, and I found better projects to do, ( i.e Work on a car that I could start from scratch and restore)

haha, i keep hoping i win the lottery so all i can do is sit around and play!

currently my FFXI adventures are on hold until June due to many projects going on in RL but as far as quitting goes, i have quit once in the past. i left just before CoP expansion and came back just after ToAU released. My reasons for quitting was the lack of time to do things and lack of people to do it with. the times i was able to play back then we're smack in the middle of JPN peek hours so it was somewhat difficult to get anything accomplished added to the fact i belonged to a very small linkshell, it made for hard times.

this game has taken a lot from my RL, but i would do it all the same if i could. being a die-hard Final Fantasy fan there really isnt much more i could ask from a video game. time consuming yes, frustrating at times yes, downright annoying yes. but i love it. and would i quit again? *** no.