users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Gearing for Zanshin
Gearing for Zanshin
 Carbuncle.Xenobriatix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Xenobriatix 2009-01-06 10:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've thought a lot about gearing for zanshin, and I'm sure people have tried it before. I don't play FF currently so I can't try it myself (maybe I will when I start playing again...). Of course it's probably a terrible idea, but with the full Hachiryu set, Bushido Cape, Katana Strap, a Kumokirimaru, and full Ikishoten merits, I think it might work. Proper + and - acc gear is of course necessary for all diffferent types of mobs with evasion all over the board. A Spellunker's Hat would be handy =P. If any of you have ever tried a most horrible Zanshin setup, I'd like to hear how it turned out.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-01-08 08:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of late, but just to inform:

Gearing to fail (missing),
is gearing to fail (in general).

To successfully pull off a Zanshin build, you need roughly a 50-55%~ accuracy rating, of which at seventy-five, would require you to have no 'katana merits (which would make your damage fail in the first place), and wear nearly no accuracy equipment (even more of a fail).

GroupTwo merits,
5/5 Overwhelm
4/5 Blade Bash
1/5 Shikikoyo

...and stick with the standard six-hit/haste/accuracy,

Hagun | Pole Grip | Empty | Tiphia Sting
Walahra Turban | Peacock Charm | Fowling Earring | Minuet Earring
Haubergeon +1 | Hachiman Kote | Woodsman Ring | Woodsman Ring
Forager's Mantle | Life Belt | Shinimusha Haidate | Fuma Sune-ate

and you're good to go. Alternatives to the expensive slots, are Onimaru, Chivalrous Chain, Haubergeon, and Amemet Mantle +1. Everything else is cheap, and by all means, required in a purely auction house built Samurai.