SCH Update: Getting Riped Off ???

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH update: Getting riped off ???
SCH update: Getting riped off ???
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-06-29 02:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

did proto ultima today and libra was pretty useful

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2010-06-29 02:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont, you are quite the friendly character, aintcha?

Oh... internet... my bad.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-29 02:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lol thread derail on 2nd post, yay!
By Marrs 2010-06-29 03:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
On a serious note, YEA DUMBSHIT. Sch got a spell at a later level than blm. WHY?! B/c blm is the games "nuker" so of course it will get NUKE spells before any other job...will you see bliz 5? Yea..but probably not till 95ish. Libra is useful for newfags that can't tell when their hate level has reach its max. SE has a bunch of ***in store for every job but all ppl are going to do is QQ about it like they always do.

I fail to understand people. We make fun of someone for being overtly emotional in the sense of crying (ie "QQ" /wrist) as we're overtly emotional ourselves? Just look at how angry your post sounds. Geesh. Roid rage much? As much as I'd say he needs to shutup so do you. You sound like a child more so then him like this.

But yea this threads incredibly un-thought out.
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 03:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said:
So for the new update, SCH is only getting 2 things. I can see y only only 2 things because they are so good now, but we might of got riped off. 1. Libra ? Really? i thought was soo FFXIII or FFX stuff. So do you think Libra will realy be usefull and for wht?? and 2. Stone V but at lvl 79 and BLM get it at 77? understandalbe but who uses Stone (lol). So u think sch will be getting Blizzard V ? and wht esle do you think SE as in store for us?

We still crying over this crap?

/RDM now gives MAB II and Convert

/WHM now gives us haste.

They coulda given us jack ***as far as new spells go (they pretty much did anyway) and I'd still be happy with the subjob bump.

Only thing that irked me was no accession haste, and I can deal with that.

Also, Libra was kinda nice on Ix'DRK... didn't need it but it's fun to use I think.

/crying about it
 Lakshmi.Minipie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Minipie 2010-06-30 06:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

for those clueless trolls who said lolstone5 for sch, you really need to stop posting random stuff your before talking crap about sch , this is just a little show off, of how much nuking potential sch can deal over a blm with literally no mp cost

my gear is morgana's body, elemental obis, tamas ring/snow ring , elemental torque/ HQ elemental staves and rse INT boots

i'm not even using goliard boots or goliard hands for more nuking power or cream puff, so imagine if i do, and i'm not using ugg pendant for these nukes also, too bad sch don't get aga nukes, or else blms will loose their thunder

[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-30 06:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minipie said:
for those clueless trolls who said lolstone5 for sch, you really need to stop posting random stuff your before talking crap about sch , this is just a little show off, of how much nuking potential sch can deal over a blm with literally no mp cost

No mp cost?

Let's see.. You use 2/4 Stratagems to do equal damage as a BLM for lower MP. As a BLM, I use 1/2 Stratagems to do equal damage as a SCH, for the same lower MP cost..

Yeah, you can nuke "over a BLM".

Dear Scholars everywhere:

Stop thinking you can do what a BLM can't. The only thing you can do, is swap from Light Arts to Dark Arts and be remotely efficient at the job. A WHM will always be the better healer, BLM will always be the better nuker.

Stop trying to pretend you're the best at both.

Thank You.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 06:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also gotta factor in weather spells in mp cost unless you really plan on only casting 1 element.

Also lol morgana's body
 Lakshmi.Minipie
By Lakshmi.Minipie 2010-06-30 07:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

morganas does not hurt as long you have elemental obis
[+]
 Lakshmi.Minipie
By Lakshmi.Minipie 2010-06-30 07:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Hitetsu yet almost everyone prefer sch or rdm as healers in most situations , and i never said sch can do better than whm or blm, but in my case, i do heal and work more efficient and faster than any whm that i have been on pts and events,

And i'm quite aware of how much powerful scholar can be with the right gear by doing the same damage or more with tier4 nukes than most blms out there using their AM2 spells, and yeah i said "literally " with no mp scholar haves 4 stratagems available and they recast quite fast enough to keep it up, i don't use 2/4 stratagems each time i'm nuking too,
[+]
By Andross 2010-06-30 09:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Morgana's is OK during klimaform. No reason a SCH shouldn't have it.

WHM/SCH and SCH/WHM are virtually the same now.

SCH definitely "out nukes" BLM though. It's not even close sadly; level 80 SCH/RDM is too MP conservative and BLM/SCH has survivability problems. If you go BLM/SCH I'm still beating you thanks to convert, and if you go BLM/RDM I'm still beating you thanks to dark arts/parsimony. /RDM also gives SCH Magic Attack Bonus II along with Convert, which makes us even more amazing.

Storms MP cost? You're joking, right? Even if it was a problem they cost 27-36 MP and last 3 minutes, it's no different from, say, Haste. Storms are amazing though, with Stormsurge I'm gaining 7 INT from Hailstorm, which means it still helps my other nukes.

What I love about Scholar, though, is that I'll never need to skill up.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-30 10:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to see a SCH outnuke me without using Ebullience and without Parsimony; there's no MP difference at all.

As for BLM/SCH's survivability, the only time I have the remote chance of dying in any form of team environment is when I'm being smacked with AoE's constantly.

For most events where I know I'm with people I trust, then I'll /SCH unless I'm told otherwise.

If I'm at Fafnir for example, I'll /RDM for Stoneskin/Phalanx to let me stay resting. If I'm at Behemoth, I'll /SCH to blast out god knows how many nukes because I can melee the lolNQ to death and move out of range of the HQ to be able to rest. Same case with Limbus.

In fact, a competant BLM shouldn't have as many survivability issues as people make out.

As for SCH/WHM being more efficient than WHM/SCH, I'd have to say you've been with some insanely shitty WHM's. WHM gets access to far more spells that SCH does, each of them giving another advantage to the WHM. Outside Aurorastorm (I think that's the light one), I honestly can't think of much else a SCH gets that would make WHM less efficient.

Cure V? Less Enmity than Cure IV, making life easier for your tanks.
Regen III? The more I don't have to heal, the better.

Granted the gap between WHM/SCH and SCH/WHM has closed more now due to the update allowing SCH's to Haste and WHM's to Stoneskin/Aquaveil/lolBlinkga.

The only thing I can think of personally that makes SCH "more efficient" is that they have 4 charges to play with. That's about it though.

I know it may sound like I have a vendetta against SCH's, I don't. I love my SCH's, they're versatile and they know it. I just hate the SCH's that think they're gods gift to FFXI.
Lakshmi.Minipie said:
@ Hitetsu yet almost everyone prefer sch or rdm as healers in most situations

Out of curiosity, what situations are these?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-30 21:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Stop trying to pretend you're the best at both.

[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-30 21:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Marrs said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
On a serious note, YEA DUMBSHIT. Sch got a spell at a later level than blm. WHY?! B/c blm is the games "nuker" so of course it will get NUKE spells before any other job...will you see bliz 5? Yea..but probably not till 95ish. Libra is useful for newfags that can't tell when their hate level has reach its max. SE has a bunch of ***in store for every job but all ppl are going to do is QQ about it like they always do.

I fail to understand people.

dubont gets off from trolling FFXIAH.

Quote:
The only way SCH works best in is it's MP efficiency and what saddens me is that most SCHs don't like to take advantage of this strength

+1

Most of the time I dont even see other SCHs even bothering to use stratagems :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-30 22:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't give BLMs in your party storms! That way you look comparatively better!
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-06-30 22:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-30 22:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minipie said:
No MP cost? Wut?

Also, cool story, bro; for 60~ MP or so, a BLM can do about 500 more damage than that, with ***gear.

Your point? D:
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-30 23:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM/SCH is what I'm doing.

Hey, if I'm getting ripped on RDM, I'll just rip SCH. :|
AoE Refresh, Phalanx, Enspells, Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaveil, Grav, Bind, Silence, Aspir, Drain, etc. is VERY VERY nice for RDM.

Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-30 23:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Lakshmi.Minipie said:
No MP cost? Wut?

Also, cool story, bro; for 60~ MP or so, a BLM can do about 500 more damage than that, with ***gear.

Your point? D:

The real downfall of scholar is not being able to do an aoe nuke outside of aoe Drain. I wouldn't try pissing on their solo nuke damage because it is on par with that of a BLM. I've sat in pudding camps doing 1.6k nukes and blms doing 200-300 more than me mainly because I was giving them all storms. That said there are a few nice things to be had with manifestation such as Aoe gravity bind aspir and drains which can offer nice support in things such as dynamis and mass nuking.
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-30 23:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minipie said:

my gear is morgana's body, elemental obis, tamas ring/snow ring , elemental torque/ HQ elemental staves and rse INT boots

i'm not even using goliard boots or goliard hands for more nuking power or cream puff, so imagine if i do, and i'm not using ugg pendant for these nukes also, too bad sch don't get aga nukes, or else blms will loose their thunder

Sad thing, 1366 for Thunder 4 on a Goldfish?
My RDM does 1.2k+ with Thunder 3 on those, schola' please.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-30 23:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:

AoE Refresh, Phalanx, Enspells, Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaveil, Grav, Bind, Silence, Aspir, Drain, etc. is VERY VERY nice for RDM.

That's a big list but it's hard to do all that with just a 2min timer on stratagem charges. It will at the very least make your life easier lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-30 23:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
The problem is that there are too many Scholars trying to be BLMs, when they should try to be Scholars - Being a versatile and supportive role where they need to be depending on the condition of whatever fights they are doing.

This^ Perfect answer.
BLMs will excel at the higher stuff thanks to reaching higher skill levels, and other situations where aga3(4?) is applicable. SCH excels much like RDM being well rounded, but unique enough to be it's own job. Still another 19 levels, did you think maybe SCH would get more stuff by then? Old thread is old.
Caitsith.Judaine said:
My RDM does 1.2k with Thunder 3 on those, schola' please.

Mouth open doesn't count.
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-30 23:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:

That's a big list but it's hard to do all that with just a 2min timer on stratagem charges. It will at the very least make your life easier lol.
Although it does take 2mins for stratagem recast, it is VERY VERY nice to have.
Also, given the accessibility to Reraise adds on to /SCH win.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-30 23:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH has comparable MACC to BLM, that's not something that's open for debate.
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-30 23:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
The problem is that there are too many Scholars trying to be BLMs, when they should try to be Scholars - Being a versatile and supportive role where they need to be depending on the condition of whatever fights they are doing.

This^ Perfect answer.
BLMs will excel at the higher stuff thanks to reaching higher skill levels, and other situations where aga3(4?) is applicable. SCH excels much like RDM being well rounded, but unique enough to be it's own job. Still another 19 levels, did you think maybe SCH would get more stuff by then? Old thread is old.
Caitsith.Judaine said:
My RDM does 1.2k with Thunder 3 on those, schola' please.

Mouth open doesn't count.

Meh still, my point being trying to prove SCH > BLM is hurdurrlarious, (Even though I used my RDM as an example ~~). I have both a 76BLM and 80RDM, and I'd rather keep those then have scholar at 75+.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-06-30 23:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:

Although it does take 2mins for stratagem recast, it is VERY VERY nice to have.
Also, given the accessibility to Reraise adds on to /SCH win.

I totally agree it will add a lot of interesting possibilities to other mage jobs. I just think a lot of people in this thread don't know about the stratagems and what they do. They look at that picture see the damage is good but they don't know if he was using the increased damage stratagem or the half mp stratagem. I see he used ebullience in one of the pictures tho I am curious if he actually had an earth obi for that shot.

In all honesty parsimony is the most mp efficient if i recall a thunder 4 only costs 82 mp if I use it that way. Tho this doesn't allow for the big numbers which is what people on these forums would require to make it a viable nuking job it seems.
 Lakshmi.Minipie
By Lakshmi.Minipie 2010-06-30 23:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Lakshmi.Minipie said:
No MP cost? Wut?

Your point? D:

ummm. no, same with a sch with shitty gear, troll
Asura.Catastrophe said:
i never said that i'm trying to be a blm