How Did You Get Your BB?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » How did you get your BB?
How did you get your BB?
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-06-13 04:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering what my options are. Don't have an HNMls, or the gil to buy the items from them. And I'm down to about 150 KS.How'd you guys do it?
 Ifrit.Babant
Server: Ifrit
user: BaBant
By Ifrit.Babant 2010-06-13 04:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like your stuck with a Brown Belt. Enjoy it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-13 04:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lots of ls ks99s with a set order on black belt item lotters with anyone planning to or lvling the job who had come to previous runs getting the extras. Really only 2 options, join an HNM or farm tons of seals. generally its hard to convince people to pop turtle or behemoth KS99 tho.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-06-13 05:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
Just wondering what my options are. Don't have an HNMls, or the gil to buy the items from them. And I'm down to about 150 KS.How'd you guys do it?

If you have some good friends the NQ HNMs aren't too hard. I've beaten both Adamantoise and Behemoth many many times with only a few friends. The hardest part is that a lot of HNMls will be there to claim too. Just keep trying, hope fully they drop for you.

If you don't intend to join an HNMls and wish for these items you should also start thinking of a way to earn money and pay for them. Not ideal, but will be effective.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-13 05:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Babant said:
Sounds like your stuck with a Brown Belt. Enjoy it.

Lakshmi.Giti
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-06-13 05:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did shout setup for ks99 for Early bird and the Turtle one since everyone would like to have a shot @ the big drops from those ks99. Since your setting up the run I did the shouts a week ahead of the run date so u dont have people that use thier pops and leave only get people that know how long this is going to take #1 not I should be able to stay X dont get them people. #2 1 BB goes to u. and you will have your items. I had to buy the tongue since big drop from that ks99 suck. GL
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-13 05:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Level brd. Join a HNMLS for 2 weeks. Get BB. Leave. You have a BB and a useful job.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-13 06:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ada and Behe NQ aren't too bad to low man, and any half decent LS will choose to camp Faf with a chance of HQ over Behe or Ada with no chance of HQ if the windows overlap. I don't do HNM, but I'm pretty sure this happens more than you'd think. Ada and Behe both have a lot less competition on their first 3 days, so if you have a couple of good friends prepared to help you out, that's a totally feasible way of getting the egg and tongue.

That just leaves you with the beard, which isn't so bad, as it's the KS99 of choice thanks to speed belt.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-13 06:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can claim Behemoth, it's ridiculously easy to kill.
 Lakshmi.Giti
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-06-13 06:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about odin but hnmls camp behe every day here
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-13 06:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you'll always have competition, but if Behe and Fafhog windows are at the same time, KB popped yesterday and Nidhogg hasn't popped in a week, there'll be a LOT more people at Faf than at Behe.
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-06-13 07:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you keep camping NQs there's always a couple where HNM are busy somewhere else with another NM. A good time to do it is after the update to camp Ada and Behe because everyone will choose day 3 Faf over day 3 turtle/behe. So people there will prolly be mules. There's gonna be a lot of emergency maintenance after this update. Then just KS99 for beard which is the easiest bit. I pretty much joined HNM for my BB. (Thats the other option). I'm still there though since I found it fun having something to do.
 Lakshmi.Gorobei
user: Gorobei
By Lakshmi.Gorobei 2010-06-13 07:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much hung out at each camp. My 1st drop was off Fafnir and I was just in the right place at the right time. Behemoth took roughly 2 weeks of me hanging out and offering to buy drop. Turtle took another 2 weeks and almost lost drop to another person asking to buy. When I got serious about getting the belt it took me a month and cost me 3 mil (1 mil per a drop) so in other words I got pretty lucky.

Its possible to get drops without a HNM or leveling brd or blm but it takes patience and keeping up correspondence with HNMLS leaders.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-06-13 07:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Ada and Behe NQ aren't too bad to low man, and any half decent LS will choose to camp Faf with a chance of HQ over Behe or Ada with no chance of HQ if the windows overlap. I don't do HNM, but I'm pretty sure this happens more than you'd think. Ada and Behe both have a lot less competition on their first 3 days, so if you have a couple of good friends prepared to help you out, that's a totally feasible way of getting the egg and tongue.

That just leaves you with the beard, which isn't so bad, as it's the KS99 of choice thanks to speed belt.

This is the best advice you're going to get. I got Wyrm beard from KS99, Egg from NQ turtle and while I duo'd Behe several times it never dropped the tongue so I just bought it. I would have gotten it eventually but I had more gil than patience back then. Good luck.
 Lakshmi.Maasahn
user: maasahn
By Lakshmi.Maasahn 2010-06-13 07:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i went 1/1 on wyrm ks99, 1/2 on turtle ks99, and 1/17 on behemoth, and those were all my own orbs but 1 and that was the 17th one for behemoth and a friend was kind enough to point out that the tongue was mine if it dropped before we entered and there she was :)

mine took me the course of about 4 years to go through all of that too ><
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-13 08:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really dont wanna join a HNM to get them, the probably fastest way would be to farm gil and buy them.
Spam ISNM, would probably get you enough gil for one item every few weeks just from that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-13 11:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought all items to gimpy hnms LS, it cost me a total of 4.5M I think. Blame SE.

edit : behemoth/turtle/wyrm KS99 could be jokes at level 80, bahemoth and wyrm are already lowmanable.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-13 11:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Socializing, networking and being polite/considerate

It took me a while, but I didn't pay anything. Even if I did want to pay, I wouldn't have got it any sooner
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-06-13 11:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrm Beard I got off a shell who gives it out. Shells always like when you give them another opportunity to claim as well, consider it as mnk/nin since you get enemy radar and an instant claim ability.

Behemoth Tongue I claimed King Behemoth and gave it to an HNM LS in exchange for the Tongue.

Adamantoise Egg- Shells don't waste their time with NQ turtle days, so find one that isn't there on day 3 and offer them the ToD in exchange for the Egg off HQ turtle.

EDIT: Took 17 days, started once Mnk hit 75. Ideally you go to all camps.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-13 11:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BB? BlazBlue!? I got it from Replay for $15!

anyway....my advice would be to join a HNM LS....you are going to need one sooner or later for SOMETHING....

/em needs to take his own advice.
 Sylph.Biginallways
Server: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2010-06-13 11:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd spend more time trying to camp and not getting claims then you would farming the gil to buy the items off of HNM shells. Farm the gil and buy the items. You won't regret it.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-13 11:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the HNMLS, some are capped on BB items and if you build a good rep with them, be helpful with claim, keep track of tod for them etc, there is a good chance they will give you the item for free.

Can also find out when people are doing KS99s. Works best fir beard at least since most do that for Speed Belt. Harder for Egg and Tongue since most only do it for those items.
 Fairy.Muerte
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-06-13 12:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record I also netted about a mil while camping, and it was easy to afk in between spawn windows. The mil was mostly off of Behemoth Hides.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-13 12:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, isn't Ada soloable by a BLM or RDM? Pretty sure you can solo Behemoth as a THF/NIN, and it's easy as hell with three others.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-06-13 12:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey...
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-13 12:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:

[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-06-13 12:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i can suggest 2 things. 1 either join a ls who does ks 99 where the people has a few BBS in it or find a LS who does Ks99 and try to buy from them for cheap its better than them letting it hit the ground. I Got my BB through Hnm and if i were to get as a drop id let someone buy it for us much as they could fairly offer without it hitting the ground. Also BB is really easier to get than you think. Most Ls do not camp Day 1-3 Adamantoise they just try to get TOD so that's a good chance to try and kill yourself. Also Behemoth can be low maned as well but with a bit more competition. Fafnir is the only issue people camp him daily because he has so many wanted drops and there's a good chance you will see a ks99 Wyrm before you see turtle or behemoth. I suggest do the ks99 Wyrm and try 2-3 man the other 2.
By semimmortal 2010-06-13 13:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Kuz said:

Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-13 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Got mine with hnmls (thechosenone) about 4 years ago. Got beard and tongue in a week and then egg about a week or two later.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2