Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » H2h help
H2h help
By mastermago 2010-05-26 01:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna do the royal jelly bcnm, but my only job high enough to go is Monk. I know they are resistant to blunt dammage, so im wondering if any h2h weps, such as claws, are not blunt.
By Blkninja 2010-05-26 01:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-26 01:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mastermago said:
I wanna do the royal jelly bcnm, but my only job high enough to go is Monk. I know they are resistant to blunt dammage, so im wondering if any h2h weps, such as claws, are not blunt.
Only two pairs of non blunt h2h in the game, and idk if the piercing one works in lv sync

Slashing:

Piercing:
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-05-26 01:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Vampiric Claw should work since RJ is LVL40 capped. Good find on the EQ Tiger!!!
 Siren.Julio
Server: Siren
user: Julio
By Siren.Julio 2010-05-26 01:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what you're looking for, but it won't help you much I'm afraid, because slimes are resistant to slashing and piercing (50%), like they are to blunt (75%).

It might be best to just level a more useful job for this BC. And it's not like it takes alot of effort to bring a job to 40 nowadays.

[edit]ooooh... I type too slowly[/edit]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-26 01:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Julio said:
This is what you're looking for, but it won't help you much I'm afraid.

It might be best to just level a more useful job for this BC. And it's not like it takes alot of effort to bring a job to 40 nowadays.

Except for the BC is easy as ***and while another job may not take long to level to 40, there is absolutely no need to, as it can be done just fine with mnk
 Siren.Julio
user: Julio
By Siren.Julio 2010-05-26 02:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Julio said:

Except for the BC is easy as ***and while another job may not take long to level to 40, there is absolutely no need to, as it can be done just fine with mnk

Would you think camping Tres Duendes or Chaneque would be a more efficient way of tackling his problem?

I realise that both Vampiric Claws and Birdbanes have potential uses outside of this BC, but so does having another job at 40.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-26 02:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well those NMs are fairly easy..i went 1/1 on Chaneque, and Tres only took like 4 kills to drop claws
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-26 02:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Julio said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Julio said:

Would you think camping Tres Duendes or Chaneque would be a more efficient way of tackling his problem?

I realise that both Vampiric Claws and Birdbanes have potential uses outside of this BC, but so does having another job at 40.
No reason not to have both of those h2h as a mnk main
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-05-26 17:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason to have those H2H since they suck. Spend your time farming useful stuff ...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-26 17:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
No reason to have those H2H since they suck. Spend your time farming useful stuff ...
Temperance yo and since he's not 75, birdbanes for mid lv mnk
 Unicorn.Ignasio
Server: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-05-26 17:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also merit Formless Strikes.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2010-05-26 17:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's useful to have one or both of them in case you encounter something that resists blunt damage in particular, and changing job isn't an option for whatever reason. Limbus comes to mind.

Formless strikes is another option, yes, but that's also on a 10 minute timer and lasts only 3 minutes. That may not be good enough.
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-05-26 17:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ignasio said:
You can also merit Formless Strikes.
Ah yes, since a Merited level 75 ability will work just fine in a level 40 cap.

I have altogether too much experience with Royal Jelly, personally. Vampiric Claws are an option, although camping Tres will require help, and is going to be come a lot harder around mid-next month.

Alternatively, as a MNK, you should have a /WAR sub, shouldn't you? Get the last 3 levels, maybe a few more, grab your AF axe, you're all set. Just have to keep some gimpy gear around for WAR.

That being said, I've done runs as a Dragoon along side THFs and NINs as the second DD, as well as a PLD. I've never done a MNK, and reminded people that H2H works horribly against slimes every time, but it may actually be possible if the second DD can keep up the slack and doesn't mind.
 Unicorn.Ignasio
Server: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-05-26 18:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mah bad, I was thinking of the KSNMs.