CoP level cap removed area's *discuss*
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 15:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Im confused, what do you mean not even that? i said 2-3 for regular zones then you said you did it with 3-5 o_O
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 15:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
Quote:
The upcoming version update will see the lifting of level restrictions in Chains of Promathia areas. In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond. A journey of rediscovery to your favorite areas of old awaits! Level restrictions will be lifted in the areas below: Pso'Xja / Promyvion - Holla / Promyvion - Dem / Promyvion - Mea / Promyvion - Vahzl / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01 Level restrictions imposed upon mission battlefields will also be lifted, making the Chains of Promathia missions more accessible than ever before. Adventurers who have yet to delve into the dark secrets of the Twilight God may now proceed with easier hearts!
This wont make CoP a cake walk , but in a way from the way its worded will make progression easier . The areas will be adjusted to pose a challenge for 75 , but there is no mention of the BCNM being dialed up as well . We really wont know until it happens . I dont see it as an insult making CoP easier in this manner , at this moment . i am really gunna wait to see . I was hopin for easier Swift belt / Soboro runs , but meh . I think most ppl would agree that the difficulty in CoP is the BCNMs . if you have even a single 75 , you can do the CSs and non-BCNM stuff pretty much solo . Farming the Scales for Ch.2 and 4 , BCNM fights , what have you is the challenge . Needing to make a workable PT and finding ppl to help . I'm excited . but that could change .

I'M DOING MY JOB!!!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 15:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My first try at ultima we got it to 4% with only 8-9. Omega we practically did in our sleep with 6-11. We used to send all the excess to do a zone at the same time but alot of people complained about doing a 30 min fight vs 2 hours and well could potentially get like another 3 chips overmanning omega
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 15:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, makes sense, I wasn't sure if I was misreading it, lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 15:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
wouldn't hurt to have some extra 5 people on your group, right? It's what I meant...

considering limbus zones can be duoed, i don't see why you'd want to split the loot 7 ways instead of 2
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 15:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
wouldn't hurt to have some extra 5 people on your group, right? It's what I meant...
considering limbus zones can be duoed, i don't see why you'd want to split the loot 7 ways instead of 2
Yeah. With things like that or salvage you quickly get to the point where more people acually makes it much slower to get stuff
By Blkninja 2010-05-24 16:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When is this version update going to be released?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-24 16:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blkninja said:
When is this version update going to be released?
June, iirc.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 16:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
But for those people that did have to go through all that trouble I say they should be happy and expect more groups for limbus/sea so more funs for endgame I guess and not the fail 'not enough ppl for limbus/sea tonight' < kind of messages on linkshell.

Let's see how this goes, SE can also be a *** and just do something stupid like overpower the mobs on the areas and fights... soooo... Who really knows. I just hope it's easier, otherwise I really have no interest in beating CoP yet, I'm still getting gear from dyna/sky/einherjar.

and yes, if they make CoP easier I see alot of people going to *** about it, you have all the right to do it... but also remember, more people for limbus/sea more groups you can join!

Cool, now we can take the dyna drama and make it limbus drama as well.

"They stole our zone QQ"

Besides, there's never really too few ppl for limbus, unless you do omega/ultima.

really do you have to be so negative? even nowdays I've barely seen people QQing over dynamis zone being stolen, since well... it hasn't happened. I didn't mean more groups as in lots of different groups, meant more people for the group you already have. besides, dynamis is one of the ***easiest event to get access too, not the same as Limbus/sea, so doubt there will be much of that there, but wouldn't hurt to have some extra 5 people on your group, right? It's what I meant...

Not beeing negative really. I've already stated that I'm for the removal of the lv cap. Just not for those reasons.

Because of the time my ls runs limbus I find it hard to believe any new shells that will start doing limbus because easier sea access is going to interfere with us. Just making an example of the dynamis drama that have been going on and off for years.

Giving everyone instant access to sea might result in something simular when it comes to limbus, who knows.

As for having more people in the groups, I believe most ls's are sending 3-6 ppl to each zone as it is already, but i might be wrong on that as well.

/shrug. I doubt anyone will go run and get sea that easily like i said, I'm just mentioning a couple more people 3-5 wouldn't hurt in sea/limbus.
 Asura.Majae
Server: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-05-24 17:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I could honestly care less that they are making it easier...big deal?

I beat CoP shortly after it came out. It was a pain in the *** trying to schedule runs with people and get through all the farming and time sinks. I was fortunate enough to have 5 solid players with multiple jobs go along with me, so we could all get it done. It took us awhile, doing 1-2 of the main battles a week, but we eventually finished it.

Not everyone who plays this game has the luxury of good friends/players they can count on to be there when needed. Especially now, since most people are done with CoP. I still know plenty of them who don't have it finished.

I'm fine with them uncapping zones, it doesn't bother me one bit. I know what I accomplished and I'm fine with that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-24 17:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping it gets easy like sky. ^^
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-05-24 18:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The only possible downside I see to this right now is for anybody without a 75, depending on what mobs are raised in level. Currently, you can go through the promies at 30. However, say the mobs were adjusted to be ep at 60. This would hurt people who's highest job was 30. Or, some friends could drag them through while they felt helpless.

(I hate feeling helpless on missions. I will no longer help with mission 2-3 or 5-1 unless the person is 25/50. I want them to feel that they are contributing)
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 18:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

if you don't want to get smacked across the thread you'd better take that back :/ so many QQing here about the level cap.
Titan.Xantavia said:
The only possible downside I see to this right now is for anybody without a 75, depending on what mobs are raised in level. Currently, you can go through the promies at 30. However, say the mobs were adjusted to be ep at 60. This would hurt people who's highest job was 30. Or, some friends could drag them through while they felt helpless.

(I hate feeling helpless on missions. I will no longer help with mission 2-3 or 5-1 unless the person is 25/50. I want them to feel that they are contributing)

I wonder if getting a tactics pearl will also be harder now lol
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-24 18:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

if you don't want to get smacked across the thread you'd better take that back :/ so many QQing here about the level cap.

meh still think so. don't really care about sea cause of all the hassle to get it.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 18:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

meh still think so. don't really care about sea cause of all the hassle to get it.

yeah, then people will be QQing coz 'o noes more ppl for sea'
Eh I'll pass, they don't realize more players leaving = less people for sea... can't make the math!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-24 18:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

more farming places... why not and perhaps more chances at the NMs over there too, solo the one for the suburo i guess, if you can do it.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-24 18:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
yes, but in another thread a while ago, didn't you also say at this point you won't even help your boyfreind through?

it's so late in the game that a lot of people who would go through it a second or third time to help friends have already done it 14-15 times, and they've put their foot down at doing it for run #16

My boyfriend's idea of staticing CoP is me dual boxing both our accounts while he sleeps or plays Battlefield or is at work. That means me forming the static, scheduling the static, buying the items for both me and him, and dealing with all the *** I had to deal with when I formed my own static years ago.

So yes I'm guilty of not wanting to static my boyfriend's account through CoP.

If a friend comes up to me and says "I formed a static for CoP, but I need a 6th. Will you help me?" chances are, I'd say yes. But I'm not going to lead my upteenth static for someone else when they're too *** lazy to put in the work themselves.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 19:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
yes, but in another thread a while ago, didn't you also say at this point you won't even help your boyfreind through?

it's so late in the game that a lot of people who would go through it a second or third time to help friends have already done it 14-15 times, and they've put their foot down at doing it for run #16

My boyfriend's idea of staticing CoP is me dual boxing both our accounts while he sleeps or plays Battlefield or is at work. That means me forming the static, scheduling the static, buying the items for both me and him, and dealing with all the *** I had to deal with when I formed my own static years ago.

So yes I'm guilty of not wanting to static my boyfriend's account through CoP.

If a friend comes up to me and says "I formed a static for CoP, but I need a 6th. Will you help me?" chances are, I'd say yes. But I'm not going to lead my upteenth static for someone else when they're too *** lazy to put in the work themselves.

Yes please, Don't gimp up your boyfriend.
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-05-24 19:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea really what or how much they're going to scale up, but I wish they wouldn't.

I have a lot of revenge to take out from when I did CoP.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 19:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
I have no idea really what or how much they're going to scale up, but I wish they wouldn't.

Then your just being selfish to new members.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-24 19:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
COP isn't hardcore and they already nerfed it for those of you who were bitching about it. If you did 7 jobs, casually since 2004, you can do CoP, casually since its release.

YA MAYBE.. if you found ppl, you can't solo it..<-.^> <.<
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 19:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sea is pretty easy, You can solo/duo most of the jailers and can do JOL with 8 I think.

Don't get me wrong, I really dont care if they get rid of level cap, just saying you dont need a lot of people to do sea.
 Ragnarok.Apolonia
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Apolonia 2010-05-24 19:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
So, let's say you can't find people. That still doesn't make CoP hard, it would make finding people to do CoP hard. The missions themselves are still easy enough as they are now.
they did not change ANYTHING in the fights. they just made it easier to get to the battles. okay maybe Tenzen fight was made a hell of a lot easier. but i can definetly say that the damn promys were changed in the route you travel to the fight and not the fight itself.

besides the fact that a lot of people don't have sea yet made SE think about this. every thought about a possibility that many people can't find a COP-ls or a COP-static?
trust me shouting for minotaur for 5 hours and not being able to do it because someone missed. and i'm not talking full group here. 3 PPL is enough for it.
i really like that they do this to the Areas and the BC's.

inb4: gtfo noob, don't have sea, so stfu.

yeah i don't do endgame thats because i don't give a damn about the selfish people in this game
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 19:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Sea is pretty much a joke, You can solo/duo most of the jailers and can do JOL with 8 I think.

Don't get me wrong, I really dont care if they get rid of level cap, just saying you dont need a lot of people to do sea.

it's not the quantity of the people..it's the quality :/
Like sky, you can duo sky if you have good players, I duo'd my sky access but I had a rdm friend who was godly.

CoP can be easy yeah, with a commited group. Hard to find, and not many players willing to help for the 16th time on CoP.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 19:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant Sea as in, the zone. Not COP as in, getting access to sea.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 19:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Apolonia said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
So, let's say you can't find people. That still doesn't make CoP hard, it would make finding people to do CoP hard. The missions themselves are still easy enough as they are now.
they did not change ANYTHING in the fights. they just made it easier to get to the battles. okay maybe Tenzen fight was made a hell of a lot easier. but i can definetly say that the damn promys were changed in the route you travel to the fight and not the fight itself.

CoP is so time consuming too.... I really wont be able to beat it if they don't make progression faster, I dislike going to sleep late so I wake up next day tired to do my errands.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-24 19:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I meant Sea as in, the zone. Not COP as in, getting access to sea.

ah okey, misunderstood sorry.
 Ragnarok.Apolonia
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Apolonia 2010-05-24 19:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

this is what they "nerfed" on COP back then:
Quote:
The following changes have been made to the Chains of Promathia missions:

1. Experience points (limit points) will be awarded upon the completion of battlefields. This includes players who have not accepted or have previously completed the mission. However, this bonus can only be received once every 24 hours (Earth time).

2. The difficulty level of the following two missions have been adjusted:
- Flames for the Dead
- The Warrior's Path

3. Monster placement and level have been adjusted in the following areas:
- Promyvion - Holla
- Promyvion - Dem
- Promyvion - Mea
- Promyvion - Vahzl

4. Muddy siredon can now be caught anywhere in Carpenters' Landing.

5. Activation time for Shu'Meyo salt has been reduced from 10 seconds to 1.

6. Changes have been made to the following items:
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-05-24 22:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Fenrir.Shindo said:

Then your just being selfish to new members.

How? All I wanna do is go back to promies, aqueducts, sacrarium, and riverne as a level 75 and completely destroy the zone for some well-deserved payback those mobs have had coming for years.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13