Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-23 02:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Jailer of Fortitude

How would one go about doing this on mnk =0?

serious question sounds fun.
Chi Blast and Hermes Sandals, a monkey could do it. (Pun not intended)

Would require a decent Chi Blast build, and enough knowledge of where the zones are to depop it properly. Plus I'd need someone to gravity the Ghrah's wouldn't I?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 02:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Jailer of Fortitude

Would require a decent Chi Blast build, and enough knowledge of where the zones are to depop it properly. Plus I'd need someone to gravity the Ghrah's wouldn't I?
Chi blast only determines length of the fight. You could go w/ a shitty one and work just fine, it'd just take longer since each chi would do less dmg. As for the adds, you simply outrun them. Put distance between them and fort and they'll deaggro. A good time to put distance is when one of them is casting a -ga spell
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-23 02:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Jailer of Fortitude

A good Chi Blast build is very cheap on MNK, no reason not to have one if you take MNK seriously. And, while the Sea palace is one of the more annoying zones in the game, it's fairly straightforward once you get the patterns down.

And no, as long as you have some form of increased movement speed, you'll always be ahead of the Kf'Ghrahs.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-23 02:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Jailer of Fortitude

Chi blast only determines length of the fight. You could go w/ a shitty one and work just fine, it'd just take longer since each chi would do less dmg. As for the adds, you simply outrun them. Put distance between them and fort and they'll deaggro. A good time to put distance is when one of them is casting a -ga spell

Understood.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-23 02:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Jailer of Fortitude

A good Chi Blast build is very cheap on MNK, no reason not to have one if you take MNK seriously. And, while the Sea palace is one of the more annoying zones in the game, it's fairly straightforward once you get the patterns down.

And no, as long as you have some form of increased movement speed, you'll always be ahead of the Kf'Ghrahs.

Could you define cheap? Because I'm sure some people define Salvage bodies as cheap.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-23 02:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be the best possible Chi Blast set, assuming you're a Hume.

Sec, making a cheap set.

Edit: At a loss of only 10 total MND, this set should be fairly easily obtainable by anyone who does even minor endgame and has a bit of gil.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 02:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol 1m for a chi belt is hardly cheap. Would be better off getting the mnd+4 belt for free from the gnole NM, unless all your other jobs are perfect and you have absolutely nothing else in for any of your jobs. 900k-1m for 1 mnd is a terrible trade off
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 02:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow, server difference in price like a mofo. Well, if it's expensive on his server point stands lol

edit: 400-600k for him, yea I'd just get the mnd+4 belt unless all his TP and WS sets are maxed out (in which case if not, I'd just put the money there instead)
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-23 02:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
oh wow, server difference in price like a mofo. Well, if it's expensive on his server point stands lol

edit: 400-600k for him, yea I'd just get the mnd 4 belt unless all his TP and WS sets are maxed out (in which case if not, I'd just put the money there instead)

It is. You know who I am rite? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???? Ive been drinkin some cola....
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-23 02:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

edit: 400-600k for him, yea I'd just get the mnd 4 belt unless all his TP and WS sets are maxed out (in which case if not, I'd just put the money there instead)
I actually quit long before that belt was released, I figured it's only half as good as Penitent's Rope at a lot higher level so it can't be that expensive. Guess wait until the new item craze dies down.

Edit: It's under 300k on my server.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 02:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know who you be
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-23 02:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolled, there were two people named Khimaira and Brain with recent posts on the forums.

Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-23 02:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Lolled, there were two people named Khimaira and Brain with recent posts on the forums.

My friend messaged me Khimaira {Fighting right now!}. Little does she know...... ;)

Edit: She's on Ramuh, I meant a PM type message ;O
Server: Asura
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-05-23 04:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Faith torque will be much more usefull once the lv cap is increased :P!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-23 07:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I start making a Chi-blast set, I realise that I have full inventory, mog safe, mog locker and storage.

I'm not paying for a mule >.>
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-23 08:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Knightofdragon said:
Faith torque might be much more usefull once the lv cap is increased :P!

Fixed that for you.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-05-23 12:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
And how does 7h2h skill > 10 acc might I ask?

It's 6~ accuracy and 7 attack. I have both, so I'm really curious as to how you're coming to this. I have my reason for using it, because I'm not fully merited in h2h, so it's giving me another base damage by using it. He's fully merited.

It's 7 accuracy if you have max merits, 6.3 accuracy is idiocy spread by idiots that don't understand that accuracy can only be an integer... Anyway, pizza makes PCC/AT gimped. So unless you are using sushi and still don't cap accuracy don't bother. Now if your gear sucks and you still don't cap .. don't use faith. The only place I could see PCC/AT being useful for top of the line monk 75 is bird camp and only outside of focus. If you don't have full usu, sushi is better at this camp so faith is probaby the best choice.

tl;dr : sell PCC before level caps.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-23 12:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

It's 6~ accuracy and 7 attack. I have both, so I'm really curious as to how you're coming to this. I have my reason for using it, because I'm not fully merited in h2h, so it's giving me another base damage by using it. He's fully merited.

It's 7 accuracy if you have max merits, 6.3 accuracy is idiocy spread by idiotsthat don't understand that accuracy can only be an integer... Anyway, pizza makes PCC/AT gimped. So unless you are using sushi and still don't cap accuracy don't bother. Now if your gear sucks and you still don't cap .. don't use faith. The only place I could see PCC/AT being useful for top of the line monk 75 is bird camp and only outside of focus. If you don't have full usu, sushi is better at this camp so faith is probaby the best choice.

Woah, take a chill pill it's just a discussion >.<
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 12:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, you know, from BG, didn't think much of you. Not in a good way, not much in the bad way either (as opposed to many BGers), but with a name like *** Pimpchan, that's just gold. I thought it was just plain Pchan.

Also, I can't sell my peacock amulet!
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-05-23 12:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

invo -1. Toss it with your destroyers.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-23 12:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

It's 7 accuracy if you have max merits, 6.3 accuracy is idiocy spread by idiotsthat don't understand that accuracy can only be an integer... Anyway, pizza makes PCC/AT gimped. So unless you are using sushi and still don't cap accuracy don't bother. Now if your gear sucks and you still don't cap .. don't use faith. The only place I could see PCC/AT being useful for top of the line monk 75 is bird camp and only outside of focus. If you don't have full usu, sushi is better at this camp so faith is probaby the best choice.

apparently you aren't acquainted with pchan

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-23 12:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Damn, you know, from BG, didn't think much of you. Not in a good way, not much in the bad way either (as opposed to many BGers), but with a name like *** Pimpchan, that's just gold. I thought it was just plain Pchan.

New avatar is epic
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 12:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yours on the other hand lacks cat unlike before :(
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-23 12:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pot Kettle! I could photoshop some cat ears on her >_>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 12:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm indeed I could use a cat avatar. The difficulty is deciding what to compress into that small space...
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-23 12:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

apparently you aren't acquainted with pchan

I am not D;
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-23 12:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's a tail showing then you're doing it right
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 12:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Warlock's Tights maybe? Hmm.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-23 12:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was always more partial to Duelist's. I do recall a .gif of Mithra in tights lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 12:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
I am not D;
The above is pretty normal for him.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I think originally it was, but I never really made a point of keeping track of him.