O. Kotes vs N. Kotes
First Page 2
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 08:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if someone could do the math for me on this set:

N. Kotes (acc +10) vs O. Kotes (atk +20)
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-20 08:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you're not very close to capped, so depending on what food you use, Noritsune Kote would definitely win.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-20 08:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

get another Snipers Ring and keep O.Kote for TP, then switch to N.Kote for Asuran Fists
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 09:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What situation and merits food etc? Makes a huge diff.

But from the looks of it you don't have nowhere near enough acc on anything xp lvl or above unless you are eatting sushi or something equivalent like pizza with focus up or getting some kind of acc buff.
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-05-20 09:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
get another Snipers Ring and keep O.Kote for TP, then switch to N.Kote for Asuran Fists

Blood Ring offers the same Accuracy, a bit pointless to get another
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 09:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Blood Ring offers the same Accuracy, a bit pointless to get another
Actually I'd say worse then pointless. You lose gil def dark resist and resist to a few status effects which once every blue moon will actually help out and make a difference and only gain the ability to mule it or augment it. Minor gains/loses sure but still
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 09:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
What situation and merits food etc? Makes a huge diff.

But from the looks of it you don't have nowhere near enough acc on anything xp lvl or above unless you are eatting sushi or something equivalent like pizza with focus up or getting some kind of acc buff.

8/8 h2h

Probably eating Crab sushi most of the time
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 09:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
8/8 h2h

As a hume mnk/war you with O you are barely under capped on birds with the food and gear and no other acc buffs. Like 9 acc under. So if it was just a choice between those 2 I'd say acc over attack unless you have something else up or you fighting something less evasive. You'd be screwed on mamool nins and forget thfs. even with N though. Hell you still wouldn't cap with N and focus lol

However there are several places you can pull more acc that are better options probably anyways.

For ranged there is Black Tathlum Astrolabe Tiphia Sting Goblin Cracker.

Neck: Peacock Amulet Peacock Charm Ancient Torque

Rings: That set one or using 7 acc ones.

back: Cuchulain's Mantle (though granted this oh you lose 14 attack but gain 2 str 7 acc slight increase to crit hit but loses less att than the hands)

And of course there is harder to get stuff like usukane.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 09:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
8/8 h2h

You with O you are barely under capped on birds with the food and gear and no other acc buffs. Like 9 acc under. So if it was just a choice between those 2 I'd say acc over attack unless you have something else up or you fighting something less evasive. However there are several places you can pull more acc that are better options probably anyways.

For ranged there is Black Tathlum Astrolabe Tiphia Sting Goblin Cracker.

Neck: Peacock Amulet Peacock Charm Ancient Torque

Rings: That set one or using 7 acc ones.

back: Cuchulain's Mantle (though granted this oh you lose 14 attack but gain 2 str 7 acc slight increase to crit hit but loses less att than the hands)

And of course there is harder to get stuff like usukane.

Well I'm planning on hardcore camping the astrolabe in the near future, PCC is too expensive for me atm, I just don't have the gil. After Astrolabe I'm gonna camp the the set and I really don't have the gil for a Cuch mantle atm. lol.

I'll probably have Usu feet soonish however.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 09:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more expensive but with sole sushi you'd would cap on birds with O with 2 less acc then you have right now.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 09:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
It's more expensive but with sole sushi you'd would cap on birds with O with 2 less acc then you have right now.

That's encouraging to know, I'll keep O kotes I think.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-20 09:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Use bream sushi, it's cheaper and gives you more accuracy. It would allow you to swap out a ring or something

Edit - You could swap out the Diabolos earring and 1 of your rings

Second edit - I was just using the calculator which is set up for birds

Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-20 09:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bream is also cheaper, but what you want to do on MNK is shoot for capped ACC with Marinara Pizza +1. I'll let Das or one of the other math people figure out just how much younee.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 09:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Use bream sushi, it's cheaper and gives you more accuracy. It would allow you to swap out a ring or something

It's not that much better than sole. Eating bream will only let him stay capped on the higher lvl birds with 6 less acc gear than his set shows. Unless you mean HQ.

But good point didn't think of bream. Though if it is about performance and not money sole would be better.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-20 10:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Spency said:

It's not that much better than sole. Eating bream will only let him stay capped on the higher lvl birds with 6 less acc gear than his set shows. Unless you mean HQ.

But good point didn't think of bream. Though if it is about performance and not money sole would be better.

I had it in my head that meriting on birds was the be all/end all >.<

I have no idea how to calculate accuracy for anything else lol
I just like to play with the calculator
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 10:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Bream is also cheaper, but what you want to do on MNK is shoot for capped ACC with Marinara Pizza 1. I'll let Das or one of the other math people figure out just how much younee.
13 more acc than he has on right now for birds. Though really not sure I'd want to eat something that is 6k each and doesn't stack against birds lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 10:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Spency said:
Use bream sushi, it's cheaper and gives you more accuracy. It would allow you to swap out a ring or something Edit - You could swap out the Diabolos earring and 1 of your rings
It's not that much better than sole. Eating bream will only let him stay capped on the higher lvl birds with 6 less acc gear than his set shows. Unless you mean HQ. But good point didn't think of bream. Though if it is about performance and not money sole would be better.
I had it in my head that meriting on birds was the be all/end all >.<

I have no idea how to calculate accuracy for anything else lol I just like to play with the calculator
Usually is. And well he'd have a really hard time hitting mamool thfs or nins well. And not alot else have evasions for them though those will be the most evasvie things you will probably merit on. Might have used a different base dex too. From a stat calc I found it said mnk/war has 77. And I count 25 from gear and 20 acc from gear
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-20 10:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pizza +1 at mamool, saving focus for NINs and THFs is what I did. at least at the north camp.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 10:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I looked at it wrong said 77 was the vit the dex was 74 or 75 for /nin.
 Siren.Maximillion
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-05-20 10:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

You shouldn't really be giving advice on gear. I remember calling you out on using NQ STR rings on your MNK for TPing, unless that's your "town gear", lulz.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 10:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally eat Pizza +1 in mamool camps anyways, I like to eat slightly cheaper food on birds lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 10:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Pizza 1 at mamool, saving focus for NINs and THFs is what I did. at least at the north camp.
*** thfs suck. Almost 100 more evasion then greater colibri lol. Good luck capping acc with any food on anyjob without like cor or brd acc buffs or feint or swapping most of your haste to acc lol.

My blu would have like 67% hit rate on them using bream sushi in my normal tp set while on birds with same gear I'd be 13 over the cap using NQ pizza
 Siren.Maximillion
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-05-20 10:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I normally eat Pizza 1 in mamool camps anyways, I like to eat slightly cheaper food on birds lol.

Oh you could easily replace your coral earring with the Odin earring (Aesir ear pendant), but obviously you gotta' finish ToAU for that which honestly isn't all that hard to do, just time consuming as hell.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-20 10:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva, any half-decent BRD should give madrigal for those 2 mobs
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 10:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Dasva, any half-decent BRD should give madrigal for those 2 mobs
You'd be suprised
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-20 10:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Bream is also cheaper, but what you want to do on MNK is shoot for capped ACC with Marinara Pizza 1. I'll let Das or one of the other math people figure out just how much younee.
13 more acc than he has on right now for birds. Though really not sure I'd want to eat something that is 6k each and doesn't stack against birds lol
A valid point, but I never got invited to Colibri parties on MNK, I figured that's exclusive to piercing DDs.

Though I guess MNK has a piercing weapon now anyway...
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-05-20 10:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Just wondering if someone could do the math for me on this set: N. Kotes (acc 10) vs O. Kotes (atk 20)

Its already been said but just eyeballing that build u wanna pretty much full time noritsune kotes on anything worthwhile even with sushi and lets say greater colibri with kabobs u defo wanna fulltime noritsune kotes.
Siren.Maximillion said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
You shouldn't really be giving advice on gear. I remember calling you out on using NQ STR rings on your MNK for TPing, unless that's your "town gear", lulz.

You got there b4 me lol, what he said is quite possibly the most illogical thing ive ever read. Okotes for tp and n kotes for ws wtf, its other way around. You reach 24 or 25% haste then u stack rest with acc simple. If for ws u dont need the acc cos of virtuoso/anwig etc u use bandos or o kotes.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-05-20 10:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Siren.Enternius said:
A valid point, but I never got invited to Colibri parties on MNK, I figured that's exclusive to piercing DDs. Though I guess MNK has a piercing weapon now anyway...

Destroyers are better than birdbanes anyway, idc about merriting myself anymore I dont need any more merits I just do it to have fun and pawn mnk tbh. It is alot more of a safer bet imo takin a random penta sam than it is taking a random monk but that doesnt mean monk is a slouch at all on colibri. This is where my opinion and tiger's varies he and I quote him said he doesnt do monk for colibri because it wont reach x number exp per hour.

Who gives a flying ***, as long as all melee half decent and it chains endlessly which u could do with 2 of my monks nvm 3 2 brds and rdm.

As for food, nq kabobs onry for mnk! work ur gear towards only needing meat imo besides marinara pizza+1, even most runs in salvage now I only use lolkabobs and rarely see anything less than 17tp asuran fists.
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-20 17:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

why didn't anyone suggest both for when focus is up/down dependant on situation and other gear?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 17:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Abriel said:
why didn't anyone suggest both for when focus is up/down dependant on situation and other gear?

Because I'm way too poor to splash out 300k atm lol.
First Page 2