Abyssia..Sub Job Questions...( AGAIN)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssia..Sub job questions...( AGAIN)
Abyssia..Sub job questions...( AGAIN)
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-20 02:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey All..

What was the sub job cap once we get the levels.... obtained by the 3 updates.. and what were they again.. 81, 89, 99???

was the sub job lvl cap 49 or was it something else?

Just a question... been mulling a few things about lvling certian jobs.. and I completely forgot.

Thanks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-05-20 03:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Hey All..

What was the sub job cap once we get the levels.... obtained by the 3 updates.. and what were they again.. 81, 89, 99???

was the sub job lvl cap 49 or was it something else?

Just a question... been mulling a few things about lvling certian jobs.. and I completely forgot.

Thanks.

Did they say the level caps were gonna be 81, 89 & 99? I didn't get that memo. Well it's really easy to figure out. Just divide by 2.

81 / 2 = 40
89 / 2 = 44
99 / 2 = 49
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-20 03:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they mentioned what the new level caps would be except that it ends at 99, I'm assuming 80 > 90 > 99, but it could be any of a few slight variations. Just level everything you'll need to 49 <_<
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-20 14:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Blazz!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-20 14:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I don't think they mentioned what the new level caps would be except that it ends at 99, I'm assuming 80 > 90 > 99, but it could be any of a few slight variations. Just level everything you'll need to 49 <_<

SE said 80 -> 90 -> 99
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-20 15:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Blazza said:

SE said 80 -> 90 -> 99

lolwut.

thats why june update raises level cap from 75->80 amirite? :|

@op, level 49 is safe to assume will be the sub job cap for level 99, unless SE changes some kind of function with how sub jobs work.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-21 10:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall SE EVER stating directly that 80 would be in the June update. They simply said the first of three cap raises would be in the june update. Quote before you gloat
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-21 10:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They did an interview with Zam just after the Vanafest.
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769
Quote:
In an interview conducted after the event, Matsui had the chance to further elaborate on the new Level Cap. The first jump will take the cap from 75 to 80. There will not be Limit Break quests as we have done in the past, but there will be some requirements to fulfill.

Based off their Timeline of FFXI Updates for the next year , it seems most likely that the June update will give us Lv. 80, with the other 2 being in increments of 10 levels.
 Gilgamesh.Courtneylee
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Courtneylee 2010-05-21 16:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Where on that timeline does it say that there are only going to be 3 level cap updates? Did they actually say that the cap would hit 99 in 2010 after these three updates?

The Vanafest report actually says this:

History is about to be made as the level cap will be increased starting with the version update scheduled for this summer! The increase will take place in stages until the new maximum, level 99, has been reached.

The ZAM report does say specifically that the June update will go from 75-80, so it could also be that there will be more updates next year each with 5 new levels.

Jun 2010 > 80
Sep 2010 > 85
Dec 2010 > 90
Mar 2011 > 95
Jun 2011 > 99

but there is nothing I know of to confirm this either.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Flyinghippress 2010-05-22 14:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/event/vanafes2010/reportimg/5d_1845en2.jpg

^Timeline
V Old announcement

New Version Update Announcement! (05/14/2010)

We are pleased to announce that our development team is hard at work putting the finishing touches on the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XI version update, which is currently on track for a mid-June release.

This update promises to be a momentous one, with the first level cap increase in over six and a half years, and a veritable slew of new equipment and weapon skills to accompany it.

But that's not all! Adventurers across Vana'diel can look forward to experiencing the climactic conclusions of the popular Wings of the Goddess nation quest storylines, braving the eerie environs of the new Walk of Echoes area, taking up the gauntlet with new Trial of the Magians trials, and much more! With a host of job adjustments and other refinements on the way as well, this update is sure to offer something for players of all stripes.

As always, detailed previews will be forthcoming right here in the Topics section, so keep watching this space!