Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk WS Build
Monk WS Build
 Sylph.Elgorian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-05-18 14:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I currently swap in for my weaponskills (Asuran Fists) was wondering if I could get any suggestions on what to add or maybe replace with something else.

Note: Currently working on BB AMK Head Piece and Faith Torque so hopefully I can add those to my set sometime within the next few months.

Also, are the melee gaiters 4 dex worth putting in? Or am I better off sticking with my Fuma Sune-ate on.

Thanks,
Elg

Note: I also have an itemset up of my current TP build if you'd like to refrence it.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-18 14:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Erase your post and do a search before ze Germans get here!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lose the Bibiki seashell and switch it to at least a smart grenade if you can't afford a sting or don't want to farm the Astrolabe. Switch the BB to a Life belt at least, or if you have time farm the Virtuoso belt, it's an easy camp and is really nice for Asuran Fists.

What kind of budget do you have?

Generally for Asuran fists I go for

Acc>Atk>Str>Dex

No need for any haste in a weapon skill macro at all.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-18 14:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks low on accuracy so I'd get a gorget and virtuoso belt as well as getting some feet (denali, cobra etc, anything with accuracy or some attack/str) instead of dex+4. Switch out the seashell for a tiphia sting or astrolabe.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-18 14:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

if you can use brown belt for ws why not just stick a warwolf bellt instead? 5dex and lolvit mods etc...if interested you can augment a warwolf with something useful as well.

also i would think a tipha stinger might be better in the ammo slot..as for shoes im not really sure on AH options but last i remember the options were very bad.

can also get more atk with o kote and what not.

foragers will add an extra str as well.

PCC more acc too.

[not sure what options you have access to so just assuming solo/AH options]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 14:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For my feet (seeing as I don't have Usu) I use the Rasetsu Sune-ate

They don't give me much, but better than AF or Haste shoes.
 Sylph.Boyde
user: bigboy
By Sylph.Boyde 2010-05-18 14:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Supprised no one picked up on the brutal earing which is doing nothing for Asuran fists.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-18 14:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
For my feet (seeing as I don't have Usu) I use the Rasetsu Sune-ate

They don't give me much, but better than AF or Haste shoes.

good one those r cheap too, i used federation shoes (lv 25? HQ2.. forgot name) for the longest time back in the day lol
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-05-18 14:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into getting Virtuoso Belt and Tiphia sting eventually, currently trying to save my money atm for Black Belt so trying to get most of my stuff solo. Can try running Nyzul some for the Denali Feet for the +Accuracy or get the Cobra feet.

As far as tossing in an accuracy belt.... feel kinda dumb for not thinking of that myself >_< but thanks for the tips guys!

Elg

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-18 14:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Virtuoso is free and is 12 acc 4 attack.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 14:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically if funds are low I'd do the following:
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-05-18 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A good safe, general set would be to go for acc/attack, you may make sets later with more STR/less acc etc, but for now you want to make a general set for constant damage. Always think about how much of one stat you are trading off for another.

Smart grenade, astrolabe for ammo. They are both free grenaded quested, astrolabe farmed, does not have a great drop rate took me 15 kills.

drop the brutal for an attack earring, seeing as how asuran fists is the maximum amount of attacks you can do in an attack round(8) it does nothing.

Work on a Soil Gorget, UFO's can be killed with mnk, brd, rdm quickly and easily if you know how to blink tank well. Just watch your shadows and be ready to put your gear back on fast.

Kusha's/Lava's Ring is nice if you want to spend the time farming them. I think I was something like 1/24 on Kusha's, and 1/54 on Lava's

Honestly for boots the only good thing I think is out there is Usukane Sune-ate, but if you are a Hume Male or female Marine M/F boots do fine. If you are any other race, or cant afford them go with Rasetsu sune-ate has a nice chunk of attack, and are cheap to try and augment.

Haidate is fine for now, shura pants are good, or getting a 7acc/7atk pants from shantotto expansion is ok. The huge dex boost from the haidate works out to about 7.5 acc or something like that.

Like Flionheart said virtuoso/life belt is a decent choice of belt for asuran.

If you can spare the small chunk of change for the extra STR after everything else forager's for back, some opt for a charger's mantle with ABC's. I keep forager's for my melee's and my amemet+1 for COR and RNG.

Fenrir.Dascorp
Server: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2010-05-18 14:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said:

Honestly for boots the only good thing I think is out there is Usukane Sune-ate,

sowy Denali Gamashes if you can get a pair to drop
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-05-18 14:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a life belt for now until I have the time to go camp Bella for the Virtuoso and tossed in cobra leggings for the +4 Accuracy.

and lol, forgot to mention the brutal, as far as it goes. Gonna work on the Odin quest line and get the Asier (sp?) earring to switch with my ethereal for TP. In which case for WS I'd be swappin out Brutal for Ethereal and WSing in Ethereal/Aesier.

Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-05-18 14:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds good, and yes I forgot about denali boots.
Fenrir.Dascorp said:
Bahamut.Striker said:

Honestly for boots the only good thing I think is out there is Usukane Sune-ate,

sowy Denali Gamashes if you can get a pair to drop
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 14:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:
Added a life belt for now until I have the time to go camp Bella for the Virtuoso and tossed in cobra leggings for the 4 Accuracy.

and lol, forgot to mention the brutal, as far as it goes. Gonna work on the Odin quest line and get the Asier (sp?) earring to switch with my ethereal for TP. In which case for WS I'd be swappin out Brutal for Ethereal and WSing in Ethereal/Aesier.

until then if you have 10k laying about, you could pick up a Coral Earring

Or if you've got a couple of mates willing to help with the Diabolos prime fight Waking Dreams (it's really simple) you could pick up Diablos's earring
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2010-05-18 15:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the budget goes, I don't mind tossing money into the build but I'm also kind of waiting to see what new weapon skills come out with the new Addons to see if I really need it or not. Although the Tiphia/Astro I could use in my TP build reguardless. Bibiki is all I have atm and is really only good for chakra build or +Defense using Counterstance
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 15:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elgorian said:
As far as the budget goes, I don't mind tossing money into the build but I'm also kind of waiting to see what new weapon skills come out with the new Addons to see if I really need it or not. Although the Tiphia/Astro I could use in my TP build reguardless. Bibiki is all I have atm and is really only good for chakra build or Defense using Counterstance

Well like I said, if budget allows it I'd buy a tiphia sting (or farm it) if budget does not get a smart grenade for now.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-18 15:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Tiger has said before, Charger's mantle is a waste of ABCs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Fuji
Server: Asura
user: Fuji
By Asura.Fuji 2010-07-16 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always found that going with a lot of STR will increase your WS damage more overall than stacking a ton of acc. Even with less acc I've noticed higher consistent WS damage from stacking STR gear. That said you still want a balance. In exp especially, if you're already at or close to cap some acc can be sacrificed. Not to mention w/ Anwig salade you can have 25 acc for WS in a single slot.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-16 13:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir earring too for teh perfectionist,

Also for ws build suggestions check mah builds, 4/5 usu :< still need 35 body but the ws builds are pretty much complete exception of spharai, strigoi ring and hachi body.

edit : and rager feeties + anguinus belt.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-16 13:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fuji said:
I've always found that going with a lot of STR will increase your WS damage more overall than stacking a ton of acc. Even with less acc I've noticed higher consistent WS damage from stacking STR gear. That said you still want a balance. In exp especially, if you're already at or close to cap some acc can be sacrificed. Not to mention w/ Anwig salade you can have 25 acc for WS in a single slot.
This guy has no clue what he's talking about
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 13:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Fuji said:
This guy has no clue what he's talking about

TIGER!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-16 13:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

sup
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-07-16 13:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fuji said:

Do you never eat anything except sushi?
By Stefo 2010-07-16 13:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Virtuoso is free and is 12 acc 4 attack.
inorite?
its not hard to camp the NM (West Sarutabaruta to your right near the big rock among all the Rafflesia mobs) drop rate kinda sucks but its not too bad... its timed spawn of roughly 1-2 hours iirc, so if you dont have competition, you can AFK and do laundry or do some campaign battle or whatever. I got my belt first drop and use it for asuran fists. Makes life belt complete dogsh*t lol...
By Stefo 2010-07-16 13:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ah hell... the <s> was supposed to go after West Sarutabaruta but its also the strike code to lie thru something lol... anyway, you can still read it.