dnc vs thf dmg
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 19:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Does Saber Dance really give that much DA? I rarely ever used it because I never noticed its effect. Then someone from my LS asked me about DNC merits and maxing Saber Dance, so I popped it on and it proc'd only twice on a fight with a weapon (wasn't really paying attention to time, but I'm pretty sure I didn't kill it in four attack rounds lol).
Depends on how long it's been from use. It starts out at 50% but decays 10% per min. Either way that's a little over 25% chance to actually proc all 8 hits depeding on gearing and such.

Not sure if triple attack can proc once or twice on a ws without gear but that would either be 10 or 19% chance to get 8 hits on triple attack alone with no triple attack gear. Assuming using brutal earring only for double attack there is very small chance of doing it just from double attack.

As far as acc well yeah capping that shouldn't matter on ep bunnies. But yes dnc will have slightly more acc. Though thf will have slightly higher att. Well based on skill and such. Think thf has higher str but don't quote me. However even with capped acc getting all hits in is sucky and with SA and/or TA will guarantee the first hit. Not sure if applicable to ws but on solo it garuntees the offhand and triple/double attack procs.

Anyways a thf that weaponskills in gear no better than what a dnc can wear does not have a good ws set.
 Sylph.Kozuki
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-18 19:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Saber dance is amazing.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Saber_Dance

It increases your damage by a LOT, it's huge.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-18 19:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How much dmg would you lose going from Homam Feet/Hecahands+1/Bomblet to Enkidu hands/af+1feet or relic feet/Astrolabe?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 19:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
How much dmg would you lose going from Homam Feet/Hecahands+1/Bomblet to Enkidu hands/af+1feet or relic feet/Astrolabe?

Hard to say mixxing attack acc dex and str like that.

Assuming uncapped fstr the first represents 12 acc 6 att 8 str 5 dex. So a total of 14.5 acc 10 att 3.1245 base dmg on non SA.

While using af+1 feet lets say dnc would be getting 8acc 5att 8 str and 4 dex. So a total of 10acc 8att and 2.996 to base dmg.

So 2-3 less acc. 2 less attack. and 0-1 less base dmg. Probably on average maybe 1% dmg difference if acc is capped. Though if you throw hecatomb feet in there it changes a bit.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-18 19:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SA/TA will guarantee the first hit in the right position, but that's irrelevant again, as OP was solo'ing bunnies.

Anyway, yes, I know what Wiki says. And I know that the effect diminishes. I had JUST used it and it proc'd twice in that fight, but that is the only time I've bothered counting DAs with it, so it may have just been a strange sample. Most of the time I'm on DNC though (which is almost never), it's because I'm needed for healing, so I pretty much never use Saber Dance. If I'm soloing, I use another job.

They have equal STR. And since OP says he uses same WS gear on THF as he does on DNC, equipment isn't really here for comparison. I don't think, if we consider equipment, anyone here thinks there is any contest between DNC and THF. Even if we consider SA, there is no question which will out WS the other.

So in the event that someone is soloing on DNC or THF and has identical equipment/conditions save the weapons mentioned and the bolt/Box Step (no Sabre Dance, no Building Flourish as OP states), no I don't understand why his DNC would be out WS-ing his THF.

Kimble, I don't understand the question. Are you comparing THF vs THF or THF vs DNC? You don't have DNC, so are you suggesting DNC should TP in Dancer's Shoes+1/Etoile Shoes? I can't imagine you're WSing in Homam Gambieras. I equally can't imagine you're talking about THF AF, because that's...weird.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-18 19:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I was asking about WSing sets since Dasva said "a thf that weaponskills in gear no better than what a dnc can wear does not have a good ws set."

So I took the WS set he had listed, checked what dnc cant wear, and picked gear that I figured is good for WSing on DNC
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-18 20:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

At the least, THF should be WSing in Denali Gamashes, or Enkidu's Leggings, especially if you're using SA. If your acc is really that bad on THF, use sushi/pizza.

DNC can also wear Denali Gamashes. And Black Tathlum is better than Astrolabe.