users online
Forum » FFXI » General » mah viewer
mah viewer
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-14 22:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i just installed my new CPU and heatsink and for some reason the game will will start after i click "PLAY" im tosses back to the viewer i also done a file check on the viewer and the game itself

anyone have any ideas?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-14 22:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Put back the old stuff >_>
By Serano 2010-05-14 22:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Put back the old stuff >_>
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-14 22:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My only guess would be that some how the new CPU has either messed with DirectX, or your video drivers. (on a software level)

Google around to see if your new CPU has any known issues (and possibly a patch) with either, or at the very least, uninstall both, and reinstall with latest DirectX, you might have to tinker with which version of video drivers work right, start with what worked before, then go back a couple of updates, if nothing, then go to the most recent.

I know it sounds weird, but hardware and software have a really delicate balance, and the slightest thing can throw them out of whack.

Also if your video card uses 2 6-pin connectors, make sure they're both in securely.. Most components these days are designed to shut off/reduce load in lieu of causing damage, and one of those pins is what powers the fan, it may recognize this problem and refuse any load, hence the '*** off I'm not playing that game'
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-14 22:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i was messing with DX right now

also i would like to add while installing the heatsink the piece that holds the heatsink down broke while booted up doing a benchmark so atm im gonna reinstall ffxi and see if that helps
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-14 22:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
i was messing with DX right now

also i would like to add while installing the heatsink the piece that holds the heatsink down broke while booted up doing a benchmark so atm im gonna reinstall ffxi and see if that helps

I really doubt that reinstalling FFXI will make the difference but you can try..

Seems to me the problem has something to do with your graphics in one way or another. Seems like your video card is okay for normal things, but refuses to run something as demanding as a game.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-14 22:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

im gonna reinstall the drivers in a bit i tested all the games i have installed and they work fine just wanted to throw this bit out their
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-14 22:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If it works with other games I'm kinda lost.. But I guess it just depends on the game you're running..

If you got the time, it never hurts to double check something to eliminate it from the list.. Just saying, don't get your hopes up.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-14 22:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

true true
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-05-15 04:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

a reinstall fixed it :D