Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » low skills
low skills
By Naraina 2010-05-11 16:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, i have jobs with low skills (mainly back line ones)

any suggestions on skilling those up?

Plz and ty

need any info, ill tell ya
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-11 16:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Combat skills or magic skills?

Besieged is great for magic skills like Elemental, Dark, Enfeebling, and Singing/String/Wind. Also, if you have Al'Taieu access, you can spam non-damage offensive magic (Slow, Paralyze, Sleep, Repose, Lullaby, Threnody, etc.) at the 'hpemdes without fear.

Non-offensive magics are a bit harder; there's really not much to do except to spam bar- spells over and over for Enhancing Magic, for example. Healing Magic caps sooner or later for PLD or healer jobs, though, so at least that's nothing to worry about. (I feel sorry for SMNs, however.)

Field of Valor is probably the best way to solo for combat skill ups; you can usually find at least something EP that's manageable. Can't cap skills this way, but at least can bring them up to usable levels.

Then, there's always the option of asking LS mates to join you for a skill up/weapon latent unlock party.
By Naraina 2010-05-11 16:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

okat tyvm
 Carbuncle.Lodo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lodo
By Carbuncle.Lodo 2010-05-11 17:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skill_Ups%3A_A_Guide_by_Kyrial

Above is a guide on ffxiclopedia, a quick explanation of how to use it is to look up your job's ranking on the weapon, find out what lvl your skill is equivalent to at that rank and then fight monsters 6-8 levels above that lvl for optimum skill ups; which are generally a little weaker than normal xp mobs for that level.
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-05-12 17:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found that an Undead Swarm Beseiged is awesome for leveling healing magic.
 Sylph.Seriin
Server: Sylph
user: Seriin
By Sylph.Seriin 2010-05-12 17:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
(I feel sorry for SMNs, however.)

Summon skill isn't really all that hard to level up, just a little bit tedious. Repeatedly summoning works for a while, and costs little mp (vs. say blood pacts) but after 200 skill ups become few and far between.

Besieged is where I ended up capping up mine, but they don't happen all the time so you have to watch out for 'em. Using Fenrir here helps a lot because he can hit enemies with both Rage and Ward (as can Diabolos), which works wonders because attacks and debuffs cause more skill ups than buffs. This works pretty much anywhere, not just besieged, but the items you get in Bes help a lot. MP+, ethers, elixers, and that one that puts all recast timers to zero are all nice. Plus you get a lot of mobs there.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-05-12 18:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
I've found that an Undead Swarm Beseiged is awesome for leveling healing magic.

What difference does it make which faction attacks during besieged? All you need to do to raise your healing magic quickly is spam cure 1 on one of the Generals.
 Asura.Atua
Server: Asura
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-05-12 18:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said:
What difference does it make which faction attacks during besieged? All you need to do to raise your healing magic quickly is spam cure 1 on one of the Generals.
Cast cure on bones.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-12 18:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

/stare

Besieged is where I capped out my offensive magic skills.

Outside the Mog House in Windurst Walls, I capped out enhancing, healing, string, and wind. You can just go back inside for instant MP and the being in Walls means you don't have to worry about the chat spam.

Sword, Dagger and Staff I did the hard way in B.Tree ;_; /wrists

Trying to skill up Marksmanship for COR but it's been pretty slow.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-12 19:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

/stare
And the faster she runs the slower she goes