Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Sam TP Help
Sam TP Help
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-05-01 16:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, so I've had 75 SAM for a while now, but honestly I never really cared about it. I mainly levelled SAM up, because I needed an event job, as Blu and Drg weren't exactly popular endgame jobs. I gradually built up a bit of a hate for SAM, as I was pidgeonholed into the job for every event I did, never getting to have fun with my other jobs. (I know I didn't 'have' to go, but it was SAM or nothing, and I needed gear, so yeah :p).

Anyways, to get to the point, now that I've stopped doing Endgame, I've actually started to find the fun in SAM. My gear set for SAM used to be absolutely horrendous, but I've been trying my best to upgrade my gear recently. I've read through some of the forums, saying to aim for 20% haste/5hit setup build, which I've been trying to obtain. I'm just wondering if there's any gear you'd really recommend me to get rid of, obtain or swap out, whatever. My current TP set is below.

The only Item I know I really need right now is my Brutal Earring, which I'm currently saving up for, not only for the DA but also to hit the 11 store tp.

I'm open to any advice or constructive criticism.

PS - I know this is a bit of a noob question, but any advice on Y/G/K other than stack STR?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-01 16:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the ring have an acc augment or something? If no, get a real acc ring. Tiphia sting, PCC and maybe Ecphoria depending on what STP gear you WS in for your 6hit. Augments on body?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-01 16:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

5hit is pretty much rindomaru, pachi, and polearm only. You're aiming for a 6hit w/ hagun. Swap out ruby ring for ecphoria. 4 acc 1 stp.

What's the stats on your body?

Tiphia sting for ranged.

For Y/G/K, basically as much str as you can get, though, attack will help on higher endgame mobs w/ huge defense (for example, you wouldn't use smild+1 over forager's on jailer of love)
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-05-01 16:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My nuevo has 10 acc and 2% double atk. I've been considering buying a Haub+1 but I had other priorities for gil first. Yeah, I meant 5 hit after WS return, excuse my noob ness :p

I have an eco ring I can switch on instead of the Ruby on my mule somewhere.. back from levelling PLD.

Tiphia sting sounds easy enough, I used to farm that NM years ago when I farmed lizard skin.. lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-05-01 16:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook. The answer is 42.
 Shiva.Arroon
user: Arroon
By Shiva.Arroon 2010-05-01 16:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to divide by zero....
And also to truely succeed in Sam you have to cultivate and nurture your inner "Sam or gtfo" attitude =P