Simurgh NM How Many Times?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Simurgh NM How many times?
Simurgh NM How many times?
By Zylanx 2010-04-28 12:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to put this out there. Took me about 4 months and I have finally got my Trotter Boots. Sucess was around 1/19. First month I camped it I asked linkshell friends to join and they did. But after first 2 camps one member who said was a friend told there friends who came out to help.. later did i know next day his friend and there group were camping against me. The "friend" who was in my party and friends of the other shell killed our party about 10% on Simurgh and wiped.. told his friend to steal it and get claim as we were weakened. Doing so ended up in his friend getting the drop and leaving me 0/14.. finally 2 months later i went back past 2 weeks and camped it.. now happy i have finally got what i wanted for 4 months. Any one else have stories about how they camped Simurgh with sucess or fail and what was your drop rate?
By katori 2010-04-28 12:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

we went 1/9 with th4
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-28 13:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I once had a phase of camping him with some LS friends. On one occasion there was a BRD and PLD got claim as they had to wait for other members to arrive, which they never did. Unsurprisingly they couldn't duo it in time for rage so the PLD force dc'd just before and the BRD decided it would be funny to Call for help before he died. We called a GM on him while we waited for it to go unclaimed and then we got the drop.

2/5 in that week.
 Valefor.Blissrun
Server: Valefor
user: blissrun
By Valefor.Blissrun 2010-04-28 13:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had thf 75 for around 5.5 yrs now and could never get around to camping Sim full time. There was the occasion that I would but would either lose claim or didn't get the drop. I am a teacher and coach so I cannot camp NM that often. So this last Christmas break I decided to go all hardcore and camp him every single day for the entire break regardless of his window time. So I put my character out their to retrieve the ToD the last day of school before break. When I come home and check to see the ToD, its around 4-5am (of course). So for the next week, I beg friends and LS mates to come help. I get all kinds of random jobs for help (sim is a pushover). First day we get claim over a group but no drop. The next day other group gets kill, no drop. Then the next day we are the only ones to show up for w/e reason and don't get the drop. The entire next week its just us. The window got later and later in the morning until Christmas Day it popped at 7am. I got absolutely no sleep and no drop. Finally the next day that SOB dropped my boots and I swore I'd never go back to that camp ever again. I think i went 1/9 during that round but probably am around 1/14 overall. Good luck camping this old NM.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-28 13:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had it myself, But I've camped it lots for people in my shell, we've got it about 3 times for people, I doubt we've ever gone over 1/10.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-28 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Have done 1/1 2x...for friends and ls-mates
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-28 13:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've camped him alot for friends in the past but I don't know if we just got lucky but we never had any competition just show'd up and killed. We got wicked lucky on drop it seems..5 ppl needed drop and we went 5/6.

Maybe I am just lucky on some NM's..we went 4/4 on Octave Clubs too..loloctave.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-28 16:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it for a full month getting all but 2 spawns. This includes the 2 days of maintenance we had that month that happened not long after it spawned anyways lol. That was how long it took for me and my duo partner to each get one. Good times
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-28 16:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1/33 for my first pair. Then went 1/2 for someone else <_<