Merger Rumors And THE TRUTH!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Merger Rumors and THE TRUTH!
Merger Rumors and THE TRUTH!
First Page 2
 Fairy.Phatdade
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-03-08 12:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I don't have it... but I WANT IT!

People shouting the merger is today in Whitegate. No purple text on my screen saying this. Nothing to make me think it's true. Sure someone probably already posted this like a bajillion times, but I'm to busy to research.

Who's got the real info. When's the ***goin' down, yo? There a link about this or what?

Begin trolling....

[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-08 12:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's like a server transfer then you lose everything you have at AH and in Delivery box (iirc). So I would doubt they would do it without announcing it first! Maybe we can keep our stuff in D box for the merge but I would highly doubt it.
 Bismarck.Stephano
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-08 12:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it begins March 9th, or March 11th is the original date I heard.
 Pandemonium.Tamoa
user: Tomassin
By Pandemonium.Tamoa 2010-03-08 12:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

From POL/FFXI website:
Quote:
- Suspension of the World Transfer Service
The World Transfer service will be suspended from Mar. 9, 2010 15:00 GMT until the World Merge is complete.

That's 10am EST btw.

So no, it's definitely not today.
 Fairy.Phatdade
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-03-08 12:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like we got some Chicken Little action going on in Fairy then.
[+]
 Fairy.Victoire
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-03-08 12:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It has not been announced yet. When it is announced you will be given links. People need to stop saying it is today or tomorrow. Updates always happen on Mondays it probably will not be until next week. Also you must remove everything from the AH and DB it has already been said that you will lose items that are not in your inventory or MH.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-08 12:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
So let's see..

I've heard 9th, 10th, 22nd, 23rd, Mondays, and the only credible information for a date from actual POL news is "middle of march".

Maybe everyones right. FFXI UPDATES EVERYDAY UNTIL THE END OF TIME YAY!

Seriously guys, it's like the date for the update changes by the hour.. where do you people get this stuff. lol
I'm just excited that you'll be on Asura soon :D
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-03-08 12:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
So let's see.. I've heard 9th, 10th, 22nd, 23rd, Mondays, and the only credible information for a date from actual POL news is "middle of march". Maybe everyones right. FFXI UPDATES EVERYDAY UNTIL THE END OF TIME YAY! Seriously guys, it's like the date for the update changes by the hour.. where do you people get this stuff. lol
I'm simply going by past updates. It always occurs on a monday. Since today is Monday and it's not today and they announced mid march I'd have to conclude that it is next Monday. And I'm not preaching that it is, but it is CLEARLY not this week as nothing at all has been announced on the website.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-08 12:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fyi square-enix probably doesn't even know when they'll do the server merges. it can be anytime between now and when they actually do it lol (stating the obvious)
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2010-03-08 12:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, all this drama on the merger date. It's like the end of the world is coming.

I can't imagine what the threads will look like when December 2012 comes. It will be complete choas in here.

"Damn you SE! When is the end of the world? Will it be the 21st or the 23rd of December?"
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-03-08 12:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Thanquol said:
Wow, all this drama on the merger date. It's like the end of the world is coming. I can't imagine what the threads will look like when December 2012 comes. It will be complete choas in here. "Damn you SE! When is the end of the world? Will it be the 21st or the 23rd of December?"
I'm only annoyed because people are so impatient. This is like the third thread I've read about it being today or tomorrow. Who cares if it's tomorrow or next week? It will happen they didn't just say it to get everyone in an uproar and then be like "Psyche!".
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-08 12:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a reason that most MMO and game companies say "when it's done." Because that's how these things work, and whining for a set date won't get you anything. Hell, Blizzard has a "when it's done" policy that's so famous, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 have been in that state for going on several years now.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-08 12:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
There's a reason that most MMO and game companies say "when it's done." Because that's how these things work, and whining for a set date won't get you anything. Hell, Blizzard has a "when it's done" policy that's so famous, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 have been in that state for going on several years now.
Starcraft 2 is a myth ;)
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-08 12:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
that's because Blizzard's too busy making WoW expansions to keep up with current PC peripherals. (i seriously can't believe ANOTHER expansion is on the way for WoW)
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-03-08 12:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

it must be close to done if the beta's out! don't crush my dreams ; ;
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-08 12:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
that's because Blizzard's too busy making WoW expansions to keep up with current PC peripherals. (i seriously can't believe ANOTHER expansion is on the way for WoW)
In all seriousness though, it's only their 3rd expansion, and the game has been out for 7+ years now (I forget exact date). That's really not that crazy if you think about it.

I just realized I've been playing wow for over 6 years o.o
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-03-08 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Starcraft 2 is a myth ;)
Haha I thought so too. I guess you can buy Beta keys and they're going for the most ridiculous amounts.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-08 13:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
(i seriously can't believe ANOTHER expansion is on the way for WoW)

The original Everquest has 14 expansions and counting. As long as people keep buying them, there's no reason to stop.

Starcraft 2 is actually quite fun. Friends at Blizzard got me a beta copy.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-08 13:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
The original Everquest has 14 expansions and counting. As long as people keep buying them, there's no reason to stop. Starcraft 2 is actually quite fun. Friends at Blizzard got me a beta copy.
Everquest is still active? I thought it died years ago. lol

and i so hate you for the beta copy :(
 Asura.Revelation
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-03-08 13:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
The original Everquest has 14 expansions and counting. As long as people keep buying them, there's no reason to stop. Starcraft 2 is actually quite fun. Friends at Blizzard got me a beta copy.
Everquest is still active? I thought it died years ago. lol and i so hate you for the beta copy :(

Hell yeah EQ is still active... it's teh bomb
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Server: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-03-08 13:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Beware the Ides of March
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-08 13:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Starcraft 2 is a myth ;)
I nearly*** in my pants when I watched the video of actual game footage.
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
/jealous
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-03-08 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:

The original Everquest has 14 expansions and counting. As long as people keep buying them, there's no reason to stop.

super inbalanced though. roaches *** destroy so much >.>
 Asura.Masekase
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-03-08 13:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

"To streamline server maintenance and provide our users with a more unified gaming environment, the March version update will see the merger and integration of certain low-population Worlds."

So themerger is taking place when they do the update.As for the date they have not released the date of the update except saying mid march.

Above quote taken from:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/index.html
 Fairy.Tedwardian
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-03-08 17:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ceviilla said:
Beware the Ides of March
Nice.
[+]
By Degs 2010-03-08 18:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

et tu brutus
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-09 00:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
In all seriousness though, it's only their 3rd expansion, and the game has been out for 7 years now (I forget exact date). That's really not that crazy if you think about it.

I just realized I've been playing wow for over 6 years o.o
eew
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-09 00:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so here is the thing regarding the merger.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news18111.shtml

Originally, it had a phrase in it that implied that the merger was on March 9th, however SE has updated it since. Check the note at the bottom. The corrected it due to confusion.

The merger will happen soon (in March), but SE will let you know in advance just like all updates. They just haven't set the exact date yet.
First Page 2