Warning! Do Not To Events With Daghost!!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Titan » Warning! Do not to events with Daghost!!!
Warning! Do not to events with Daghost!!!
First Page 2
 Titan.Serpecant
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: SFS75
By Titan.Serpecant 2008-11-14 12:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to warn everyone on Titan not to do events (especially KSNM/BCNM) with a player named Daghost. He is a thief!
I did a KSNM (ODS) with him about a week ago. Well, I was getting a little tired when it was my turn to trade my orb so after the run, I wasn't paying attention enough and accidentally passed on everything including vclaw, damascene cloth so I asked him to lot on my drops since he was the only one who had not passed yet.
Guess what? The douche bag refused to give me my drops. He said they're all his drops now since I passed and asked him to lot them. I was like WTF? Just because I asked you to lot doesn't mean you get to keep them. I kept telling him that I made a mistake of passing everything. It was my orb and my drops. Everyone tried to persuade him to trade the drops but he wouldn't do it.

Please.. help me spread the words.. warn your friends, your linkshell.. everyone! AVOID DAGHOST AT ALL COST Thanks in advance
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-11-14 13:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't spread anything but I know where not to go and who to avoid ; ; sorry you learned the hard way :(
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2008-11-14 13:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, wouldn't a simple GM call stating that "you asked him to lot for you and that he would give you the items after" work?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-11-14 14:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

lol *** no, a GM would laugh at your misfortune from behind his computer screen and politely tell you to get ***, and next time pay more attention and lot yourself.

Seriously, he would.

Sorry dude, that sucks... but it could have been a lot worse than the few hundred thousand you might've had from that KSNM
 Titan.Serpecant
By Titan.Serpecant 2008-11-14 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I called the GM. My friends did too. As always, they couldn't do anything..surprise?
You are right. I need to pay more attention when lotting but ***happens to the best of us.
 Seraph.Goldey
Server: Seraph
user: Goldey
By Seraph.Goldey 2008-11-14 17:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel for you Serp. Just goes to show how low some people will go over a game. Reminds me of the time my friend won the lot on a Sorcerer's Coat and another BLM in his party D2'd him so he couldn't get it. Case and point, some people just deserved to be punched in the face.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
Server: Ramuh
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2008-11-14 19:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

you know Serpecant, it's risky but you could have zoned out and then zoned back in to relot your items. when you zone out and zone back in it resets your lot results back to "----." i don't think a lot of ppl know about this but it would have been a better chance than him just lotting the items for you. just a helpful suggestion for next time.

p.s.- karma's a *** so don't worry about it. it will come back in time to bite him/her in the ***.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2008-11-14 20:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

As for that D2d blm with the sorcerer's coat, isnt there a way to avoid a spell being cast on you? Like move outta range? I woulda seen that cast and RAN lolz
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2008-11-14 20:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoever was PT leader could have also just QM'ed you. It doesn't matter if someone lots after, as soon as something is lotted or passed, it will drop RIGHT to you.
 Phoenix.Syxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Drakhoul
By Phoenix.Syxx 2008-11-14 23:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get your items back? Just viewing your price history, or did you go for another run and was lucky again?
 Odin.Dissector
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Dissector 2008-11-15 08:29:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

daghost is nearly the greatest *** on titan and a big lol drg
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2008-11-15 11:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaioshin said:
As for that D2d blm with the sorcerer's coat, isnt there a way to avoid a spell being cast on you? Like move outta range? I woulda seen that cast and RAN lolz

Yes there is, /blockaid on & off prevents other players from healing you, buffing you, etc. when it is turned on. Of course, most people wonder why the hell you would want to do that... Well, this is an occasion where is could have come in handy... :/

It's the only way I know of avoiding an unwanted D2 besides zoning or ... fleeing... xD
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-11-15 11:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

/blockaid only works with players outside your party, which cant really be applied to Warp II, since it's a party-only spell in the first place.

and I'm sure /blockaid was a preventaive measure against claim stealing... since it was (and in some cases, still is) a popular tactic for a Paladin to spam Cure spells on a party fighting an NM to put himself on the mob's hate list, then putting up Invincible and using /ja's until he had stolen hate and claimed, or at the very least, allowed the mob to go unclaimed so that members of his party could act on it.

Was pretty common to see back in the days before /blockaid for a PLD to use this tactic at Fafnir to cause a spike flail.. was awesome when you got to MPK an enitre rival alliance lol
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-11-15 11:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

/blockaid only works if they are NOT in your party if i recall correctly.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-11-15 11:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

bah sovereign beat me to it
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2008-11-15 12:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dropping the pt fast enough should prevent Warp II from going off, no?
 Ragnarok.Saeryn
user: Saeryn
By Ragnarok.Saeryn 2008-11-15 17:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

/blockaid is also used to prevent people from forcibly breaking someone else's synth.
 Titan.Rieul
user: Rieul
By Titan.Rieul 2008-11-16 01:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita said:

That may be true, but kind of defeats the purpose of lotting the coat.
 Asura.Bockon
Server: Asura
user: Bockon
By Asura.Bockon 2008-11-16 03:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rieul said:
Conchita said:

That may be true, but kind of defeats the purpose of lotting the coat.

The coat was a dynamis drop so it wouldn't matter if he were in a party or not.
 Titan.Serpecant
By Titan.Serpecant 2008-11-17 09:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Syxx said:
Did you get your items back? Just viewing your price history, or did you go for another run and was lucky again?

Nope, we did another run the following day and got a vclaw w00t!

Thanks everyone for positive comments!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Titan.Lynneh
user: Lynneh
By Titan.Lynneh 2008-12-23 13:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for posting this. I know that you know Fookboi and he is cool, so i know that this is trustworthy information.
 Titan.Azarasi
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-04 03:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a long long time ago I was looking for the coffer for my RDM af and I spent like probably a week trying to get one coffer. I had some bad luck with people getting it before me etc etc....

Then finally one time I see it run up and start scrolling through my inv. to grab the key. It was on the bottom of my inventory cause I just threw it in from storage and wasn't sorted etc. So those precious seconds killed me. A damn taru ran up and opened it and ran off.

I almost cried....
 Titan.Prefalin
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2009-01-04 03:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh Daghost has also stolen someone's KS99 drops before but gratz on getting another claw.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-01-04 07:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

GMs are totally useless.
 Asura.Kyjelly
Server: Asura
user: Kyjelly
By Asura.Kyjelly 2009-01-04 13:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry that you got your ***stolen but quartermaster works wonders in the future.

GMs really are *** useless. they'll "investigate the issue" which usually means that they dont really want to do anything and shut you up so you'll leave them alone.
 Titan.Azarasi
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-01-13 20:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yah speaking of quartermaster I have NEVER seen it used the past 2+ years I played except this past week when I went to an ISNM.

Cause normally open chest and person whos run it is gets to lot, but then I noticed they all went to the right person and I was like "why the *** have we not used this before?"
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-13 22:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita said:

Pretty quick cast time to drop in time if you're not expecting it :(
 Titan.Cannia
user: Cannia
By Titan.Cannia 2009-02-07 09:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dropping party should allow you to relot on the items.
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-02-07 10:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyjelly said:
GMs really are *** useless. they'll "investigate the issue" which usually means that they dont really want to do anything and shut you up so you'll leave them alone.

GM's have rules and policies to go by to, they can't just do whatever they want whenever they want and however that want like most people think. People need to understand that. Any encounter i have had with them has been pretty good, not always going in my favor, BUT, i fully understand they're reasoning and they have always helped me to the best of there abilities. Atleast be glad they're there at all... if not we would be in some real bad trouble don't ya think?...

Especially in this situation, i mean, you did pass the items AND tell him to lot them. Don't get me wrong tho, what he/she did wasn't right and i think it's good that you are warning other people but it's just one of those things where you're going to have to suck it up and move on.

Stuff like this has happened to everyone at one point and i'm sorry this would happen, i know how you feel.
 Titan.Cannia
user: Cannia
By Titan.Cannia 2009-02-08 09:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe some of GMs policies does need to change.
First Page 2