Jailer Of Justice Nuke Suite Requirement Question

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » jailer of justice nuke suite requirement question
jailer of justice nuke suite requirement question
First Page 2
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 16:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

hey all,

i'd appreciate any help you can provide. my ls just got its first jailer of justice pop set last night. we have available to us SCH BLM BLM COR for nuking the qn'xzomits. we can also toss in a RDM/SCH for nuking. do you guys think that would be enough to kill them fast enough?

thanks for looking,

~G
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-03-03 16:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

NEED: 4BLM/rdm RDM BRD in the nuking PT.

If BLM fail, you will wipe, no exceptions.
It takes 1xt4 + 1xt3 nuke to kill a pet. Unless you ZERG the NM you will need to keep the BLM pt going and going. I've reached up to chain 66 on this NM on babies. Don't try to cut short on nukers or you will die.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 17:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

so a tier iv and a tier 3 can kill a pet assuming no resist. and from a blm. so a sch could do the blm's job. blm blm sch rdm rdm cor (cor > brd for this). do you think that would work? rdm/sch can hold its own on nuking.

i could make that party. we don't have a big egls. only about 20 people total in the ls. and we only have 2 blms.
 Fenrir.Tokii
Server: Fenrir
user: Tokii
By Fenrir.Tokii 2010-03-03 17:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not exactly, if your BLMs/SCHs are very good, you will be able to 2shot the babies with 2 t3s. But don't try this if your BLMs aren't well geared and well merited. If you're not sure, try with 4 BLMs. The BLM that t3s the babies will need to land his t3 first or it will blow up on you, and it's not hard to lose your pop when you've got no one taking care of babies. Good luck!
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 17:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks tokii and helixx.

warlock's roll redundant? evoker's/wizard's better? or are they pretty resistant?

i'm the only bard in the LS, so i don't want to go rdm/sch if i don't have to.

cutting corners sucks, but sometimes making due w/ what you have is part of the fun. just don't want to lead my friends into a deathfest, you know?

Seraph.Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-03-03 17:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Your risk. I always wait for a day when we have 4BLM BRD RDM for nuke party available.

Unless you bring ~10DD to zerg it down in under 5 min, I wouldn't risk it. Use your DD's 2h's if its your 1st one, just to see it dead. Get more BLM for future runs, BLM will make sea SO MUCH easier if you have them. You will need 5BLM for JoLove anyway.

Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-03 17:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If your SCH was /WHM (for tele only), they could Sandstorm theirselves, and with a Hermes Quencher maybe they could make it to Wall of Justice and have your BLM's nuke from the other side while 1 person spams Dia to make sure you don't lose claim.

Then SCH can Tele-Dem (or use Dem Ring for safety) and meet up with the BLM's and RDM and toss out some more nukes in between letting RDM get MP (via Convert) and putting up Hailstorm for BLM and theirself.
 Asura.Ewhenn
Server: Asura
user: Bukka
By Asura.Ewhenn 2010-03-03 17:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Evoker's/Wizard's, if for some reason you are getting resisted, can always go to evoker's/warlock's, but I dont remember them ever being trouble.
 Fenrir.Tokii
By Fenrir.Tokii 2010-03-03 17:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Your BLMs will prolly need as much refresh as you can give them, so BRD+COR is pretty optimal. I have never had resist problems on JoJ. Also, it may help you to know that a PLD isn't even necessary to tank JoJ. Whenever we do it, we have 3-4 DDs on it that can all hold their own as a tank. Again, if you don't have so much faith in your DDs' abilities to tank, I'd still go with a PLD. :> Just make sure your mages can deal with sleeping them when they get charmed.
By Bikpik 2010-03-03 17:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
If your SCH was /WHM (for tele only), they could Sandstorm theirselves, and with a Hermes Quencher maybe they could make it to Wall of Justice and have your BLM's nuke from the other side while 1 person spams Dia to make sure you don't lose claim.

Then SCH can Tele-Dem (or use Dem Ring for safety) and meet up with the BLM's and RDM and toss out some more nukes in between letting RDM get MP (via Convert) and putting up Hailstorm for BLM and theirself.

JoJ will catch and rape anyone who only moves at +12%, need Flee and 2 sets of powder boots to be safe. Thf/Whm would probably be your best bet, so he can pop PD and tele-dem once he gets there
 Seraph.Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-03-03 17:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if it is your 1st run, bring as many Hard DD's and try to zerg it down. The faster it is dead the safer it is. SAM/nin, WAR/nin, NIN/war are great backup tanks but should always have 1-2PLD aswell. Charm can have up to 3 ppl charmed at once and it resets hate.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-03 17:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote not working ¬_¬;
Bikpik said:
JoJ will catch and rape anyone who only moves at +12%, need Flee and 2 sets of powder boots to be safe. Thf/Whm would probably be your best bet, so he can pop PD and tele-dem once he gets there

Never really knew how fast JoJ moved, only ever been the BLM on the other side, but we've always had THF pull it like you mentioned.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-03-03 17:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember T 3 ~ T 4 if the babies health is pushed to low itll go kaboom and youll be in trouble.
So the first nuke has to push itlow enough for the 2nd one to one shot it, but not low enough to explode.

We used to have 6 blm in one pt. or any variation of blm and sch.
Each person would be asigned a partner and they rotate Team 1 > team 2 > team 3 for each baby that pops, so the mages can rest inbetween theyre turns.

But with 4 nukers and some sort of refresh , you should be just fine
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 17:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

more of a social ls, helixx. may call on flist for help, as i always do. but i can consistently get 2 blm. no plans on attempting love in the short term. one friend wants justice torque and 3 people want justice sword. killing ix'drk for enfeebling cape, too, so we got a deed of moderation.

yeah, thanks for mentioning it about pld. plan on bringing a pld to pop it anyways. plus my friend is really good at paladin. his dragoon (even he will admit) is pretty 'lol' as is said around here. but, yeah, thinking everyone /nin. i have three monks, a very good sam. so mnk mnk mnk sam sam and a thf. then my pld friend. i have a whm/sch and two smns for healing, and i'll be on bard. so i think the front-end should be pretty solid since it sounds like JoJ himself is pretty weak.

it's just the nuke suite we have leaves me unsure. as mentioned, 4 blm is status quo, and i don't think i can get that. but it sounds like the nuke suite we have *might* be good to go for it.

if 2hr makes it zerg-able in 5-10 minutes, we'll just pop them 1 at a time and bet on our meager nuke suite to take it.

again thanks guys for all of the suggestions and reassurance.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 17:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i see lowblow. man, that makes perfect sense to me. thanks man.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-03-03 17:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Put a rdm/blm in pt to sleep any one who gets charmed
 Fenrir.Tokii
By Fenrir.Tokii 2010-03-03 17:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You might want to have one of the SMNs do RDM if it's at all possible. You'll need to spam dispel on JoJ faster than your Finales will be up again.
 Ramuh.Lucried
Server: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2010-03-03 17:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

using this method will prolly get pl banned if your reported.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 17:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ok. i will get another rdm/blm for the main fight.

i'm pretty confident i can do...

rdm/sch
blm
blm
sch
cor
brd

rdm will tier 3 > blm tier 4
blm will tier 3 > sch tier 4

use brd and cor to buff the melee prior to the zerg.

then have that rdm for the main party to dispel as you mentioned.
 Seraph.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Seraph.Phaded 2010-03-03 17:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I would really like to see an LS try that kind of strategy these days and then report here how fast a GM popped up for using the Wall of Justice exploit.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 17:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

guys thanks again. going over this with my ls. i'll let you guys know how it went if you're interested. probably will do it next monday when all of my people are on.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-03-03 18:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You people are either crazy or horribly gimp.

2 well geared BLMs and a refresh source can do it easily and last infinitely. AM2s exist for a reason.

We were actually discussing how we can exploit this for the exp but never got around to it.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nalien
Server: Pandemonium
user: juro
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2010-03-03 18:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DO NO TIER3 TIER4
USE AM2
DON'T USE GIMP BLMs

/caps
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 19:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ok.

i see.

thank you. so AM2 is the way to go. my blms are not gimp. they'll have cor as well.

thank you again.
 Hades.Exion
Server: Hades
By Hades.Exion 2010-03-03 20:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

am2? 3 blizzard IIIs from decently geared black mages easily take out the babies.
i always have 4 blm and a rdm to dia pull/refresh
 Asura.Rielle
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rielle 2010-03-03 20:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been running a Sea LS for a year now and our BLMs one shot the babies.

Our outside party is BLMx3 COR

BLM1 AM2 (one baby) AM2 (second baby); rest
BLM2 AM2 (third baby) AM2 (fourth baby); rest
etc

The cor usually gives them the MATT+ roll and corsair's roll and follows up AM2 with quick draw to finish a baby off if there is a resist but those are rare.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-03-03 20:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

haha corsair's roll. that's awesome.

yeah, and you leave the party outside the ally. that's a good point. i was going to ask about that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-04-04 22:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Go with AM2 , ignore the guy saying multiple nukes of any kind, someone will always mess up and nuke a second or two delayed which will lead to Mijins, which may or may not cause trouble.

AM2 = one shot every time unless your BLMs nuke in Staves of opposite element or just plain out suck.

Corsair's roll is a great idea though, aswell as Signet and Exp rings, unless you have more than 2-3 DDs, since it'll just die too fast.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nalien
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2010-04-04 22:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

necrobumpa
First Page 2