Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Einherjar » Dendainsonne
Dendainsonne
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-12-30 20:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a consistent, workable strategy for this boss? Most groups I've been with take a "zerg and pray" approach however he always seems to thunderbolt/stunfuck that (gogo 13 sec stun during Blood Weapon!). Chainspell stun also seems useless to rely on given his resist rate.

Also, I'm not sold on failwiki's explanation that Meteor is "triggered by weaponskills or upper-tier magic spells" as on two occasions we attempted the kill with neither WS nor nukes and he still used meteor every 30s.

0/lifetime on this particular t3 kill... Help!
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-12-30 22:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No magic at all or ws's at all. I believe that explanation is 99.9% true. If he does meteor it maybe because someone casted a damaging nuke on or ws'd him. The slighest will put him in meteor mode.
 Seraph.Zubuis
Server: Seraph
user: Zubuis
By Seraph.Zubuis 2009-12-30 22:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think overall we only got him 2 times throughout 2009 and won both times. We had 3 parties of whm + rdm/whm + brd + ddx3 in each party. Just zerged him down, the whms used benediction and the rdm did chainspell curaga II. I think Dendainsonne has lower hp than most ein bosses. When I parsed it he was around 60,000 where as standared ein boss (from any tier) is typically around 90,000.

Not sure if this information helps, but this is our experience with him.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-12-30 22:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your input. Total HP is always helpful! While messing around on google looking for alternate strategies I also came across this:

Quote:
- Rebuff and have mages with full MP for the fight(If a item chest was attained from the bird, be sure that the tank has it ready to be used. For this fight it will be a 1 party zerg. Only tank pt and 1 DD pt will be used at a time to prevent Over TPing and having Dendainsonne spam meteor. give each pt full brd/cor buffs and send them in with the tanks. If the support healers cant keep up with the pt they WILL die. At which point brd/cor will buff the next party to send in. (have parties order assigned prior to the engaging, it will help save time). Send in parties one at time as needed till win. A party alone should be able to knock out 40% before dying.
- Anyone with any form of range attack or magic attack should be standing at max distance to avoid meteor and provide damage without becoming a nuisance to supports.
- Any party not up to fight should be standing at 30' to avoid thunder bolt
- Fight ranges from 8~15mins depending on #s and support, add more forms of damage if support has the #s and/or MP to fight him to speed up the time.

Anyone else familiar with this slower-paced approach? Other sources seem to indicate that Dendainsonne's meteor cast is based on some sort of counter where once a certain number (100?) of actions of presumably any kind have been taken towards him he then responds (provided timer ready) with insta-cast meteor. This makes a decent amount of sense from what I've seen. Thoughts?
 Seraph.Zubuis
Server: Seraph
user: Zubuis
By Seraph.Zubuis 2009-12-30 23:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not familiar with slower approach, only problem really in T3 is you dont always have alot of time to take things slow unless your ls is killing at a ridicolous speed. Typically from my experience the only boss where you would have time to take it slow is the chair guy because his 12 summons count for a wave (i think).
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-12-30 23:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

His meteor isn't TP based iirc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-30 23:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do dmg without giving it tp!!! Allainces of rdm/nins with enspell and ceremonial daggers ftw!
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-12-31 00:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard of some people avoiding weaponskills and just killing it using entirely melee swings