Chonchon Drop Rate Change?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Chonchon drop rate change?
Chonchon drop rate change?
 Titan.Willson
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Willhem
By Titan.Willson 2010-03-23 03:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Headlong is for those who can't get Swift. Swift is for those who can't get Velocious/Speed. V/Speed is for champions. :D
[+]
 Seraph.Dreakon
Server: Seraph
user: Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-23 10:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Headlong is better than Swift if you are at capped accuracy. Which if you aren't a total retard and know how to calculate your accuracy, is easy to do. 9 attack isn't something I'm willing to give up easily, especially not for .1 seconds in delay decrease. If you are swinging at the same mob for hours, then that .1 second would eventually add up, but in most cases, that isn't so.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-23 10:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dreakon said:
Headlong is better than Swift if you are at capped accuracy.
Everything else you are saying is not worth reading after this statement. Fail.

ITT: 4 attack > 1% haste
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-23 10:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Willson said:
Headlong is for those who can't get Swift. Swift is for those who can't get Velocious/Speed. V/Speed is for those who can't get Ninurta's. Ninurta's is for champions. :D
Fixed that for ya ^^

Seraph.Dreakon said:
Headlong is better than Swift if you are at capped accuracy. Which if you aren't a total retard and know how to calculate your accuracy, is easy to do. 9 attack isn't something I'm willing to give up easily, especially not for .1 seconds in delay decrease. If you are swinging at the same mob for hours, then that .1 second would eventually add up, but in most cases, that isn't so.
Maybe you should just keep tping in a warwolf belt. Hell, just wear full hecatomb since it's only 0.1 second, nothing to worry about when you have all that STR!
[+]
 Seraph.Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-23 11:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Parse it people, the only time Swift comes ahead is when you have moderate haste (i.e haste spell, maybe 1 march on you)
Headlong wins in low haste situations (just your haste gear and no buffs), and at capped haste(2X SV march, haste spell, haste samba, etc).
[+]
 Seraph.Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-23 11:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"ITT: 4 attack > 1% haste"

Are you forgetting that the swiftbelt gives you -5 attack? So therefore using headlong gives you 9 attack over using swift.

"Maybe you should just keep tping in a warwolf belt. Hell, just wear full hecatomb since it's only 0.1 second, nothing to worry about when you have all that STR!"

Full hecatomb would give you about 4.3 second delay difference. Lrn2math.
I never claimed to TP in a warwolf belt, and you pulled this claim out of where?

ITT: parrots that just spit out what other people have said, without actually parsing, testing, or doing any real work to back up their claims.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-23 11:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'll concede that I didn't take into account the -5 attack from Swift.

ITT: 9 Attack > 1% Haste
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-23 12:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Was sarcasm.
If you think att > haste, why don't you tp in Onyx Sollerets? instead of dusk feet.
 Seraph.Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-23 12:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

***is situational. Ideally you would want both. Considering how easy they are to get, I wouldn't see why you wouldn't. It's kinda like deciding when to used a toreador's over a blitz ring. There are situations where a blitz would win, but it's not a 100% of the time thing.
[+]