Did You Transfer From Asura To Bahamut? Regrets?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Did you transfer from Asura to Bahamut? Regrets?
Did you transfer from Asura to Bahamut? Regrets?
First Page 2
 Asura.Korvus
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zulu75
By Asura.Korvus 2023-05-26 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently on the fence about transferring to Bahamut. I need some people that have switched to sway me one way or another. Do you regret your decision or stand by it? Is the lesser population more forgiving for not having r25 gear? How about the pug situation. I probably see 4-5 decent shouts after I sift through the relentless RMT/MERC spam here on Asura. Is it similar on Bahamut? I recently came back from a break about 5 weeks ago. Besides new player linkshells, I can't find a group to run with around my playtime. Are you in any recruiting shells that run 6-10pm CST? Does everybody want to merc this or merc that? Is it a struggle to get anything done, due to lack of people? Can anybody that has switched from Asura to Bahamut fill me in about there decision, I would greatly appreciate your time. Thanks.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-26 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda interesting that somehow peeps started to be interested on Bahamut.

Just watchout to not to take the RMT with you
By Draylo 2023-05-26 17:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You are spurning our lord and savior Asura??
By Cloudius777 2023-05-26 17:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to you Asura? You used to be cool.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-26 18:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, its horrible here. Trust me, compared to Asura we're just a redneck town, DEFINITELY stay on Asura.

(I say the same thing to California residents wanting to move to Colorado)
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2023-05-26 18:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay off our grass.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-26 18:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura tl;dr:

this dude regularly comes on my stream and trash talks me for buying ML parties. idgaf, just find it really amusing the most vocal, most hostile are always hypocrites.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-26 18:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-05-26 19:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Asura tl;dr:

this dude regularly comes on my stream and trash talks me for buying ML parties. idgaf, just find it really amusing the most vocal, most hostile are always hypocrites.
Please clarify for me so that I understand correctly. From what I am reading, my understanding is that you stream while you are purchasing CP/EP?
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-26 20:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korvus said: »
I probably see 4-5 decent shouts after I sift through the relentless RMT/MERC spam here on Asura.

You know there's an addon to filter RMT/mercs out, right...?
 Bahamut.Phinneus
user: ayer
By Bahamut.Phinneus 2023-05-26 20:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
I probably see 4-5 decent shouts after I sift through the relentless RMT/MERC spam here on Asura.

You know there's an addon to filter RMT/mercs out, right...?

You know we don't need these filters on Bahamut.

Honestly though, it depends on how you like to play. If you're someone that actually likes doing group content and not paying a merc to do it for you then by all means transfer over. You'll find that the towns feel quiet without all of the merc shouts. I popped on a mule to grab a few things from Asura and was surprised to see the final VR battle being merc'd. You don't really see that kind of stuff here.

There is a large population of JP players that won't invite Non-JP, but there are plenty of English speaking players on here as well.

I recently started up 2 alts that can't get in to my main static events like sortie or odyssey, but I still manage to find shout groups doing seg farms and sortie runs to get them points/RP. In the end you can always go back to Asura if you don't like it here. Transfers only cost $9 right now , so it might be the perfect time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-05-26 20:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phinneus said: »
You know we don't need these filters on Bahamut.

Dennis and Loct keep me warm on those long winter nights.
[+]
 Bahamut.Angenard
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Angenard 2023-05-26 20:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Bahamut it's an amazing server! I would recommend to anyone who wants to build friendships and find cool people to team up with! :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-05-26 22:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve moved from Bahamut to Bahamut and I’ve regretted it ever since.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-05-27 01:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why to move to Bahamut: we have Negan, Belkin, and many more cool people.
Why not to move to Bahamut: they have me.

There is a healthy population of Japanese, American, and European players so no matter what hour you play, you will always find someone. There are some elitists, but I do not feel that they are too many of them.
[+]
By Afania 2023-05-27 04:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the lesser population more forgiving for not having r25 gear? How about the pug situation. I probably see 4-5 decent shouts after I sift through the relentless RMT/MERC spam here on Asura. Is it similar on Bahamut?

Of course, what do you expect? :P

If you have limited people to pick from on a smaller server of course the leader has to lower the standard. If you can shout and get 6/6 rema r25 DD in less than 30 min on a big server of course everyone else with less gears won't have a spot. There are more people wanting a party invite than people starting parties.

Smaller server will have less PUG than Asura. Since everyone knows each other the process of making a group is just sending /tell to friends. If you only want to PUG, stay on Asura and be a pt lead. Every other server are worse for PUG I believe.

If your goal is to look for a group or LS, try to find a recruiting group before you switch may be a good choice. I found my current LS about 6 years ago before I switch server by contacting them through FFXIAH, after a brief conversation I feel the LS culture is exactly what I looked for. That's how I ended up on Bahamut. It wasn't because of endless "switch to Bahamut!!!!" posts on reddit that made me switch. It was because my ideal LS was on Bahamut. If the same LS was on Levi or Phoenix I would probably go there.

There is really no point to relying on people's advice on server choice imo, since everyone has different need. Make a choice based on what you need.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-05-27 06:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny that maybe 6 months ago there were practically zero job point yells but as more people have moved to bahamut to get away from mercs on Asura I have noticed an uptick in the number of people buying job points.

Funny how it works.
[+]
By Afania 2023-05-27 06:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
It's funny that maybe 6 months ago there were practically zero job point yells but as more people have moved to bahamut to get away from mercs on Asura I have noticed an uptick in the number of people buying job points.

Funny how it works.

Bahamut yell scene was really, really dead in 2017 when everyone was busy moving away from the server and population dropped to 400 or something. At that time it wasn't any different from any other smaller servers.

Then people decided to start "move to Bahamut!!!!" movement on Reddit that's when trash yells increased as population increased.

Kinda lame tbh, I imagine the situation gets worse every year as more Reddit posts telling people to move....
By Pantafernando 2023-05-27 06:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, Reddit was also the starting point of the growing of Assura.

I remember Assura was big but it wasnt such hub when they decided to make one Reddit LS then incentiving any new/returning player to go there.

Interesting that Reddit is such relevant media to FFXI
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-05-27 07:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Asura tl;dr:

Please clarify for me so that I understand correctly. From what I am reading, my understanding is that you stream while you are purchasing CP/EP?
6 characters. one of them was in ML party afk (paid). other 5 were doing ambuscade. streaming all windows.
I dont understand the hate for ML parties.
it costs 1mil/hour at walk-in rates. you negotiate a big 10 hour deal, you get a 40% discount. 6mil paid while one of my characters will be active/in-active in pt based on how much time or what I'm doing with other characters.
Meanwhile running Ambuscade sales to people who actually pay 4m for a VD clear, which I am able to do on my other 5 characters after 65 days of gameplay. they were all lvl 1 in bastok 65 days ago. 4m per run every 20 mins max (would be 12-15 if I had my "send" and "luas" + macros set up, but i'm alt tabbing hitting /follow <t > macros .. its just good economics. I dont see why the hate for being efficient
[+]
By Afania 2023-05-27 09:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
its just good economics. I dont see why the hate for being efficient

The reason why ML merc or bot pt was being hated by some people because it changed intended game design. For example, if ML 50 is designed to be reachable by 5% of the players after 2 months(idk the actual number, only using it as an example), but because of mercs and bots this number increased to 30% or something, then SE may release more grind and content with higher stat requirements in the future because higher % percentage of ml 50 players in the community than intended. As a result whoever doesn't pay for merc will have a harder time in future content.

Further more, some people prefer doing ml content and social with different people in a more relaxed way. More people pay for merc pt=less space and party members available for these people. That is another reason why it's hated.

Merc/bot and the haters aren't going away unless SE do something about it, so complain about either side isn't going to change anything tbh. You just pick a side and deal with the consequences ._.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-05-27 09:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

XIAH pretending there aren't a ton of people on Asura that actually do content and don't just merc everything will never not make me shake my head.

Also, without the massive % of accounts that are rmt/bots/etc this game may not even still be running so there's that too..
[+]
 Bahamut.Angenard
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Angenard 2023-05-27 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Galakar said: »
Why to move to Bahamut: we have Negan, Belkin, and many more cool people.
Why not to move to Bahamut: they have me.

There is a healthy population of Japanese, American, and European players so no matter what hour you play, you will always find someone. There are some elitists, but I do not feel that they are too many of them.

You seem like a cool person! But I agree lots of amazing people here. I've also noticed more shouting lately but it's been quite a positive thing to see. Hopefully it attracts good people with good intentions. :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-05-27 10:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We've got Dennis and Locta endlessly shouting to sell JP/EP. We've got that one Chinaman Boamna who shouts once a day to merc things like empyreans and some lite V0 Odyssey stuff who is probably just the same person who controls Dennis and Locta.

Kujah shouts to sell dynamis clear when they clear W3. Other than that, there isn't really anybody that /yells to merc things. Neither Gunslingers nor myself advertise services in yells.

So if you term filter Dennis/Locta/Boamna, there simply aren't any merc /yells aside from the infrequent Kujah blurb. So that is it, there are literally 3 sources of yell spam on Bahamut.

EDIT: And Kassie's once a month AMAN trove blow-out. That person has like 36 characters and makes the public very aware that they are raffling off anything and everything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-05-27 10:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you sell Porxie Pork?
[+]
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2023-05-27 11:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently moved to Bahamut and it has decent amount of people doing content. There are a few yells here and there about CP/EP parties, but I got a group together for the Chaos fight and our SCH hadn't done the first fight in the quest battle and everyone in-party was pretty patient about it, even helped zerg it for them. I've been on Bahamut almost 2 weeks now and it seems nice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-05-27 11:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura sounds like a terrible place.
By gistofanything 2023-05-27 11:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be better for you to transfer to Bahamut for a few different reasons:

• More available endgame-focused content

• A more stable and smaller community

• More popular new player choice in 2023, even recommended in the 1-119 guide

:woman_tipping_hand:
First Page 2