What Happened Casual PT Shouts..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » What happened casual PT shouts..
What happened casual PT shouts..
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Karppa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-01-28 09:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thinkin what happened normal/casual pt invites..kinda rare today..ppls too lazy makin parties? I understand buying stuff sometimes it is only option if u r not any LS who can make events.. or just playing casually..few year ago there were many.. easier things can be done just 1 pt... just invite ppls to join..live and learn..thats the way..
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-28 10:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a sortie pug todaybwe got 25k points and the geo said meh not too good but was fun, some idiot pulled zerde as we were going to device, anyway tldr no one wants to waste ki on gates events that cant be stacked only killed abce. But ya thats the point everyone wants to min max or otherwise wont join, because again its time gated and cant be stacked, sortie should stack to at least 6-10 times as there is no loot just rare plus 1 boxes and stones.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-01-28 11:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
I did a sortie pug todaybwe got 25k points and the geo said meh not too good but was fun, some idiot pulled zerde as we were going to device, anyway tldr no one wants to waste ki on gates events that cant be stacked only killed abce. But ya thats the point everyone wants to min max or otherwise wont join, because again its time gated and cant be stacked, sortie should stack to at least 6-10 times as there is no loot just rare plus 1 boxes and stones.

Idk where is the fun..and fail.. sortie can be redone in 24hours..like I said before.. this server is full of elitistic ***..
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-01-28 12:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

On servers other than Asura: there's not likely to be 5 other people sitting around on the jobs you need to complete the event, and even if they are it's highly unlikely they'll be of the quality needed to do well.

On Asura: Half the people are trash because they bought all their gear, so there's no way to tell if they'll be even remotely good at their job until it's too late. Most people probably don't want to waste an entry into an event with completely unknown players.

On all servers: most people are lazy as hell, don't play the required jobs, and/or are multi-boxing it themselves. There are plenty of people who 6-box their own events solo. A lot of people have statics and linkshell groups to do these events. This leaves you with a small pool of people who are available, have an extra entry item, and are interested in going with randos.

If it's something like CP, ambu, or other content which isn't time-gated, I think you're much more likely to find people willing to group up with unknown players, but some of the above problems still apply.

As an aside: are you /yelling and putting together groups for this stuff? It seems to me from an outsider perspective that these types of questions are similar to the level 67 DRG who was seeking party for 6 hours complaining that nobody is putting together a party. If everyone is sitting around waiting for someone ELSE to make a party, there's your answer.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-01-28 12:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
On servers other than Asura: there's not likely to be 5 other people sitting around on the jobs you need to complete the event, and even if they are it's highly unlikely they'll be of the quality needed to do well.

On Asura: Half the people are trash because they bought all their gear, so there's no way to tell if they'll be even remotely good at their job until it's too late. Most people probably don't want to waste an entry into an event with completely unknown players.

On all servers: most people are lazy as hell, don't play the required jobs, and/or are multi-boxing it themselves. There are plenty of people who 6-box their own events solo. A lot of people have statics and linkshell groups to do these events. This leaves you with a small pool of people who are available, have an extra entry item, and are interested in going with randos.

If it's something like CP, ambu, or other content which isn't time-gated, I think you're much more likely to find people willing to group up with unknown players, but some of the above problems still apply.

As an aside: are you /yelling and putting together groups for this stuff? It seems to me from an outsider perspective that these types of questions are similar to the level 67 DRG who was seeking party for 6 hours complaining that nobody is putting together a party. If everyone is sitting around waiting for someone ELSE to make a party, there's your answer.

Solution Just dont't play this game as sober...as this evening I'm not but..sauna is in heat.. I think we Finnish ppls can deal with this issue with few beers and good company..<3 guys/girls..
By RadialArcana 2023-01-28 12:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two main groups of people that play mmorpgs, leaders and followers.

Leaders are always far fewer in number, and when a game has a merc culture these people often see making "free" groups as stupid when they can instead sell the stuff from the content to the people that would normally join.

People still make groups for stuff, but it's often lower tier content like omen or ambuscade becasue the people who make them have less experience.

The way around this is to put minimum entry numbers (say 3 to enter), and make it less difficult (or offer difficulty options) so less skilled leaders can create groups.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-01-28 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Why there are no yells:

1. Due to end game content mostly being 6man now, I believe it is encouraging people to not form /yell groups but rather statics.

2. End game is time gated.

3. New content doesn’t encourage helping and working with strangers.
•Ody: Take a fresh returning player as an example. Say they have only Blu. How can they get V0 clear for Sakpata to gear a better DPS (Drk, War) when people have no incentive to do V0s once they have the clear [and arguably are punished for it given loss of segs and no RP gain].
•••For people who say juST geAr BaRD. Brd requires 3, yes 3, REMA to be considered ‘acceptable’ for most people. Not to mention other gears needed. You really think returning or fresh players have that kind of Gil?
•Sortie: Most groups expect 30k + points a run. Very hard to do while carrying someone, or if someone messed up.

4. Sortie, imo, is boring af.
•I knew multiple people who took a break from the game shortly after it’s launch and being disappointed with it.

5. RMT / bots are how people are doing Mlvl.
• So people wanting to form / join parties for Mlvl struggle to find others.

6. Due to all of the above, on Odin anyway:
•People are quitting / taking a break.
•People are changing servers (Odin had 2 full LS just go to asura).
•People are running statics only.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-01-28 16:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Why there are no yells:

1. Due to end game content mostly being 6man now, I believe it is encouraging people to not form /yell groups but rather statics.

2. End game is time gated.

3. New content doesn’t encourage helping and working with strangers.
•Ody: Take a fresh returning player as an example. Say they have only Blu. How can they get V0 clear for Sakpata to gear a better DPS (Drk, War) when people have no incentive to do V0s once they have the clear [and arguably are punished for it given loss of segs and no RP gain].
•••For people who say juST geAr BaRD. Brd requires 3, yes 3, REMA to be considered ‘acceptable’ for most people. Not to mention other gears needed. You really think returning or fresh players have that kind of Gil?
•Sortie: Most groups expect 30k + points a run. Very hard to do while carrying someone, or if someone messed up.

4. Sortie, imo, is boring af.
•I knew multiple people who took a break from the game shortly after it’s launch and being disappointed with it.

5. RMT / bots are how people are doing Mlvl.
• So people wanting to form / join parties for Mlvl struggle to find others.

6. Due to all of the above, on Odin anyway:
•People are quitting / taking a break.
•People are changing servers (Odin had 2 full LS just go to asura).
•People are running statics only.

Anyone else find it kinda ironic that the main argument people have for retail over ’old school’ XI is that it ‘is more casual friendly’………… yet is making you feel like you’re ‘missing out’ if you don’t play everyday for your time gated farm, and SE is making content which actively discourages PUG groups?

If anything, game feels less casual friendly than old school XI.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-01-28 19:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is blatantly made to be played with your crew at this point. If you don't have one, join one.

Omen, Ambu, Dyna is mostly unneeded by most players. So no real need for shouts.

Ody is crew because of difficulty.
Sortie is crew because of organization needs. Herding people without voice chat is painful.

If the events are hard or require coordination with a penalty for messing it up, then get your crew. They can change this at any time by putting out different content.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-28 21:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
You really think returning or fresh players have that kind of Gil?
I meannnnnnnn returning players would likely have a swath of gil from the pre-sparks-nerf days.

Point stands for new players though.
By Draylo 2023-01-28 21:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole week i've been seeing shouts. I saw some guy saying "Segment farm: no REMA needed, casual run" and thought that was neat. I think there are still shouts, just too many multi boxers and isolationist players not wanting to do anything but sit in town. Try to make a group and most likely someone will join and you can fill rest w/trusts.
[+]
By Slowforever 2023-01-29 00:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo box sortie, do like 20 mins worth of objectives and exit, 10k points and random loot, group could be fun, I just like the convenience of queing right away. Also kinda into wow now... high end key push is addicting, Like someone said, sortie is super boring but still has enough value to force u to do it each day....
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-01-29 11:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here’s an example of where some of the community is:

Shouted to fill an ody c run, my alt whm needed some segs so I could bring along for gaol RP. I brought him cor and my main brd. Got a tank and once this person saw I said I’m dual boxing, he said he wasn’t interested and wanted to maximize segs. Got another tank and we still pulled 11.5k…I guess my issue is…what’s the rush for a lot of people? The current end game isn’t going anywhere any time soon. I also get to each his own but it just feels funny how everything MUST BE MAXED NOW!!!
[+]
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2023-01-29 14:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Here’s an example of where some of the community is...

I hope not too much so. I just got back after being gone for a while. Casual for now until I get back in the swing of things, but wouldn't mind endgame again.
By Bongarippa 2023-01-29 14:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouted to fill an ody c run, my alt whm needed some segs so I could bring along for gaol RP. I brought him cor and my main brd. Got a tank and once this person saw I said I’m dual boxing, he said he wasn’t interested and wanted to maximize segs. Got another tank and we still pulled 11.5k…I guess my issue is…what’s the rush for a lot of people? The current end game isn’t going anywhere any time soon. I also get to each his own but it just feels funny how everything MUST BE MAXED NOW!!!

Asura sure isnt my cup of tea. I went there for a couple months back in like 2016 in hopes a more populated server would help keep me entertained in the game. I left asura after maybe 2-3 months and went back to Bismarck. Seems like in order to do anything, you need to be geared right up to the teeth, and even then if they don't know you, they're skeptical. I'd rather be on a small server with my 2 alts and do my ody c farms getting 3-4k or w/e then deal with people who expect you to have everything already in order to do minimal things.
That's kinda my mindset and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that way. Guess that's another thing that happened to casual pt shouts.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-29 16:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem and what makes me laugh at people complaining about "FOMO". We aren't going anywhere anytime soon, people should just chill and stop rushing all the time
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-29 16:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
That's the problem and what makes me laugh at people complaining about "FOMO". We aren't going anywhere anytime soon, people should just chill and stop rushing all the time

They would if they could but they can't. They just can't stop themselves.
[+]
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2023-01-29 21:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »
Asura sure isnt my cup of tea. I went there for a couple months back in like 2016 in hopes a more populated server would help keep me entertained in the game. I left asura after maybe 2-3 months and went back to Bismarck. Seems like in order to do anything, you need to be geared right up to the teeth, and even then if they don't know you, they're skeptical. I'd rather be on a small server with my 2 alts and do my ody c farms getting 3-4k or w/e then deal with people who expect you to have everything already in order to do minimal things.

That's kinda my mindset and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that way. Guess that's another thing that happened to casual pt shouts.

Is Bismarck good for some casual play? I have a few friends I've been messaging since coming back and they're there. Now I'm debating on rolling back to ol' Bismy.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-01-30 01:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak to the "maximizing segments" portion, however, I tend not to want to play if someone has to fill in more than one role via an alt. I'd rather have it be a real person, personally... It's great that you managed 11.5k Segments, but that sounds more like an outlier case for a PUG than the actual standard case.
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2023-01-30 02:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
...I tend not to want to play if someone has to fill in more than one role via an alt. I'd rather have it be a real person, personally...

I'm with you. Since it seems like people are all about support, my focus since returning is going to be my WHM and BRD since I already have iGEO. Hopefully that'll entice some bites on the LS front.
[+]
By Aquapenguin 2023-01-30 09:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kyaaadaaa said: »
Bongarippa said: »

Is Bismarck good for some casual play? I have a few friends I've been messaging since coming back and they're there. Now I'm debating on rolling back to ol' Bismy.

If you have a few friends to play with it's a pretty optimal place. No wait times for anything, you can clear almost all content with 3-6 people so if you have a few friends thats covered, REMA grinding is rarely contested, yes there will be a few items not crazy stocked on the AH but its usually stocked well. CP/EP camps aren't overcrowded. I transferred from bahamut a few years ago but I enjoyed both.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-30 09:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You make it sound like Asura is the only place people are going to place gear standards on pickup joins. I guarantee if you show up to a pickup group on any other server you're still going to be expected to be able to perform your role for whatever level of content it is you signed up for. The gear expectations are going to vary by content difficulty. Pickup omen card farming? Nobody really cares what you bring so long as you hit the objectives. Farming delve for plasm? Again... it's older content so nobody's going to be too picky. But I'm pretty sure pickups don't appreciate "roll only" cors or "song only" bards on any of the other servers any more than they do here.

There's a big difference between hitting 8-12k segments per run versus 3-4k. And if you're content farming sheol C for 3-4k segs a run that's perfectly fine and that's your prerogative. But then you don't get to complain about not getting as many segs as the more efficient groups. In my experiences people aren't even that fussy with pickups, but it's standard to expect the warrior to have all weapon types and a certain level of oddy equipment, the cor and bard to have a modern TP and savage blade set, and the healer to not be slow on cures. Basic job expectations are not the same as being elitist. This applies to any job and any role, and content difficulty does play a factor in where the bar is set.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-30 10:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In games with dungeon finders nobody cares about anyone else, you just press a button.

In games like XI other people do matter, there should very much be a cultivation mindset and it's sad many don't have it. Sometimes it's good to take someone that is less geared or less experienced because it builds the core pool of players you make groups from. Someone that is a 6-7 now will be encouraged to get better and they will be more hungry to do content.

Helping players progress is ultimately helping yourself, cause they will join your groups as they get better and you'll find it easier to make the groups in future.
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2023-01-30 11:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-30 11:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He's right on paper. Wrong in thinking anyone else is smart enough to know that or care about it though.

(there is also some truth in letting the ones who suck fail so they quit and are out of the pool, too)
 Odin.Danial
By Odin.Danial 2023-01-30 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think fundamentally the issue is that it takes 2-3 hours of free time to setup and do a 30-60 min event. The number of people who have that kind of free time, and want to spend it on final fantasy will be reduced every day.

I feel like they need a big boost of new players to re-build a community with younger players with more free time, but unfortunately the current slow trickle of new people just leads to people getting to group content and hitting a wall because there are so few people at their point in the game.

I'm sure that server merges might help this situation, but then you have increased competition for limited resources like Abyssea and event entrance, so that is a mixed bag.

On a separate note, I struggle to understand how people feel like Sortie is boring. Generally the event has tons going on, many different workable strategies, varied bosses, varied difficulty levels. I think its more the loot that is boring, the +2 earrings were a good idea, but they are so rare it doesn't even feel like its part of the event. I've done Sortie almost every day since it came out and seen maybe 4 +1 boxes, and 0 +2 earrings.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-01-30 12:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Helping players progress is ultimately helping yourself, cause they will join your groups as they get better and you'll find it easier to make the groups in future.
Speaking as someone who also holds this mentality, the limitation is that often it does not pay returns. Either players aren't as engaged/interested, and don't reach the level you're expecting them to, or they don't stick around long enough for fruit to bear. Once in a blue moon, you'll have fostered a long-term peer. For me personally, it's certainly a functional way to look at helping people and can incentivize it but it can't be the reason you do it or you'll burn out on helping others. Simply because it rarely reaches the end goal you're seeking.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-30 12:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn slaves Newbies. You buy em. You teach em. You feed em. You gear em. And they quit.

Bad investments, nearly always.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11