New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » ~CatNap~ Recruiting - New Player Helping
~CatNap~ Recruiting - New Player Helping
By Choppurr 2022-11-03 04:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all,

CatNap is a linkshell dedicated to helping new and returning players.

If you're a new/returning player and want a place to grow, chat and make friends while progressing the game or you're the type of player that just actively enjoys helping others without gaining anything in return, then CatNap is the home for you.

We're not an endgame linkshell to revolve your playstyle around, instead we're a supplement to your playstyle. Instead of planning many scheduled events at certain times during the week, we work on a spur of the moment system. If you want something done, ask for help in the linkshell chat and if people are available, they'll form a party with you and get the content knocked out. That doesn't mean we don't get end game activities done, as a linkshell we've grown and progressed very fast. We've gathered together, taken down and more importantly taught people how to do Omen bosses, Sortie bosses, Odyssey bosses, Geas Fetes, Delves, Ambuscade, UNMs, Dynamis Divergence wave 1 and 2, High Tier battlefields including Lilith, WKRs, and so much more. Don't forget there's more content than just the three hardest things in the game and we're here to enjoy it all!

Currently our only scheduled event is an optional Dynamis Divergence Midboss/RP farm on Saturdays at 5 PM EST, where we go over the mechanics of Dynamis Divergence and teach people how to run it, while also gathering clears for people. There are no job or gear requirements.

Due to the lack of scheduling, it is important that if you want CatNap to be a home for you, you need to be social. Engage in the linkshell chat, ask for help, offer help, get to know people. Be part of the community. If you're the type too shy or 'manly' to ask for help, don't enjoy chatting and are more focused on progression, then you may not have a good time in CatNap.

Our goal is not to be the most geared players on the server, instead we just want to gear up together and are more focused on making friends, playing together and having fun. We'll often attempt content with sub-optimal setups, low-man things, try weird strategies and sometimes we wipe, but more often than not we're victorious. The important thing to me is that you're playing a job you have fun on, and we're having a good time.

When we do content, it's very new player friendly. We take it slow, we explain the mechanics to everyone and we ensure that when you leave that fight, you know how to do it yourself.

I do not have a discord for the linkshell, nor do I plan on making one. I feel discord kills linkshell chat, and I like to see linkshell chat busy to make CatNap feel full of life and busy it is. It's so nice to log on and see a bunch of people talking about random topics, getting to know each other and having a great time.

If you feel Final Fantasy XI is more than a number simulator and want to make friends, chat, and progress as a group or if you just enjoy spending your time helping people then look no further. CatNap is the place for you. You can find a linkshell pearl at any of the local concierges or reach out to the following people: Choppurr, Dondanno, Lisabeth, Maesu, Kelesis.

Hope to see you in game!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Additional Information -

This is more specific technical stuff about the linkshell, rules, philosophies, playtimes ect. for those interested, not a fun read:

We have a wide array of people from all over the world playing the game and are always recruiting more. We are most active during the hours of 10 AM - 1 AM PST everyday of the week, with a small crowd still active during other hours.

The most important thing to me is you are having fun playing your game. I don't care if you bot, buy gil, merc content, use questionable add ons, or whatever other means is necessary to reach a level in the game where you are having the most fun. I even encourage talking about it in linkshell chat, informing people of these options and assisting them with getting them installed if its a path that they want to take. However, it is not okay to judge someone on their decision to use or not use programs you find acceptable/unacceptable. Let everyone enjoy the game the way they want to, and don't be mean to anyone for any reason. This is a happy place for happy people.

Do not join this linkshell just to boast about your gear and damage. Many people with best in slot gear just want to join and brag about all of their achievements. Respectfully, no one cares, gear is not an acceptable replacement for personality in CatNap and it's extremely obnoxious or annoying. If you accomplished something you're proud of and you want to share it, please do! However if someone else is sharing their accomplishment and you feel the need to boast about how your gear is better or you deal more damage, or every fight in the game is easy, please compress that urge or you will have to find a new home. Additionally, when someone is asking for help, refrain from saying things like, "That's easy." Statements like that are not helpful to new or returning people. Being a little humble goes a long way to making friends!

This is a drama free linkshell, as most are. If you have an issue with someone or something that happened in the linkshell, please approach the person or myself in tells and handle the issue like an adult. If you make a spectacle in linkshell chat, the issue will not be resolved in a way that benefits you. If you're playing with someone and you noticed they are making mistakes, send them a tell offering help, don't call them out on it, sometimes people just don't want to be optimal. If you're asking for help and no one responds, it happens, sometimes we're all busy! Try again later or make your own party. If you wanted to join someone's party and they didn't invite you, ask them about it in a tell, maybe they zoned and didn't see your message. If you feel a negative emotion due to something going on, please let me know privately so we can get it resolved. This is a happy place where we encourage others and make the game a positive experience for everyone.

Finally, if I confront you about something privately, it does not mean I hate you or that you're not welcome in the linkshell. There is no place in my heart for hate. It just means there's an issue and I want to work with you to get it resolved. Please do not take it as a personal attack on you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-03 14:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your spaghetti policy?
[+]
 Bahamut.Angenard
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Angenard 2022-11-03 18:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck :D hope you find all the people!
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-11-03 18:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

If they are a serious linkshell, then obviously there is only one answer, with sugar and strawberries.

Good luck guys!
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2022-11-03 18:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Angenard said: »
Good luck :D hope you find all the people!

You're alive?!
By Choppurr 2022-11-03 18:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer your question with a question, what is considered spaghetti?
Is it just a long cylinder shaped food?

If so, is a Burrito not just a thicker shorter stuffed spaghetti? Is a hot dog not just a meat spaghetti?

If Spaghetti is flattened, is it no longer considered spaghetti? If it is still spaghetti, then is a pizza not just flattened baked spaghetti?

These are the topics we explore, questions that need to be answered and expand one's mind. Learning more than just what is the spaghetti, but also how and where is the spaghetti.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-11-04 01:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

GOGO CHOPPURR
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-04 01:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
Server: Asura
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-04 01:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How did that manage to get 1.5 stars out of 5 from 259 ratings
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
By Pulptenks 2023-01-04 20:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this still a thing?
[+]
By myaihze 2023-01-05 12:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The spaghettis or the ls?
By Pulptenks 2023-01-06 04:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The linkshell yeah
 Bahamut.Mayoyamanakata
user: Mayoyama
By Bahamut.Mayoyamanakata 2023-01-06 06:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in joining the ls when I can afford to resub
 Bahamut.Kelesis
user: Chronoctx
By Bahamut.Kelesis 2023-01-06 12:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulptenks said: »
Is this still a thing?

Still a thing that does stuff!

Would love to have ya,

Quote:
You can find a linkshell pearl at any of the local concierges or reach out to the following people: Choppurr, Dondanno, Lisabeth, Maesu, Kelesis.

Great, chill group of players here. Anyone new or returning to the game at any level of progress are welcome to reach out, and we'll get ya a pearl.
[+]
By Based 2023-01-15 03:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelesis said: »
Pulptenks said: »
Is this still a thing?

Still a thing that does stuff!

Would love to have ya,

Quote:
You can find a linkshell pearl at any of the local concierges or reach out to the following people: Choppurr, Dondanno, Lisabeth, Maesu, Kelesis.

Great, chill group of players here. Anyone new or returning to the game at any level of progress are welcome to reach out, and we'll get ya a pearl.

Any chance i could grab a pearl? I'm basicakly brand new and started XI with Horizon, but for a few reasons took the plunge to try retial a few dayd ago. Who would i contact for a pearl and when?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-15 14:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Based said: »
Any chance i could grab a pearl? I'm basicakly brand new and started XI with Horizon, but for a few reasons took the plunge to try retial a few dayd ago. Who would i contact for a pearl and when?

You should be able to get a pearl at the linkshell concierges. Their locations are:

Concierge Locations
Northern San d'Oria (K-9)
Bastok Mines (K-9)
Windurst Walls (C-13)

If they dont have any, send a /tell to Choppurr, Dondanno, Lisabeth, Maesu, Kelesis

Welcome to retail!
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-01-15 16:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Based said: »

You should be able to get a pearl at the linkshell concierges. Their locations are:

Concierge Locations
Northern San d'Oria (K-9)
Bastok Mines (K-9)
Windurst Walls (C-13)

If they dont have any, send a /tell to Choppurr, Dondanno, Lisabeth, Maesu, Kelesis

Welcome to retail!
Wait are you in this shell!??!
By Jetackuu 2023-01-15 16:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Choppurr said: »
Is a hot dog not just a meat spaghetti?
The question of the ages.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-15 17:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Wait are you in this shell!??!
I'm NOT! xD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [117 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Kelesis
user: Chronoctx
By Bahamut.Kelesis 2023-05-12 09:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, my first necro bump. I'm excited.

ATTENTION everyone who is already reading this - an update to the Linkshell formerly known as "CatNap" has undergone a few minor changes recently, one of which is that it no longer exists.

However, due to the cheap cost and the fact that the LS Vendor is not too far away from a Homepoint, we have made a new shell and it's mighty new name is "KittyLitter"! Now, you might be asking yourself, "why would you name your shell after what cats use as a toilet?" and to that I say, "an excellent question!".

Anyways, our former leader left the game so inevitably we'd need a new holder - who is Dondanno. Awesome dude, who has more than filled the shoes of "Leader" while creating and running shell events (recently cleared some Aeonics with some!). Having said that, our shell focuses on the same as it has; helping new/returning/current players find a social home with helpful, chill people. Whether you're just learning the ropes, getting through story, looking for others to clear content, chit-chat, etc.. all are welcome to join! We'll try to keep the concierge stocked with pearls. If not, feel free to reach out to myself, Lucavern, Maesu, or Dondanno for one. We would love to have you, no matter who you are or where you are. Thanks for your time and see ya in-game!
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-12 10:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelesis said: »
few minor changes recently, one of which is that it no longer exists.

A minor change indeed.
By Rinuko 2023-05-12 11:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess that explains why one of my alts was made sackholder in the CapNap LS, to ease the transfer to the new LS, I presume.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-05-12 12:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Um quoting not working >.>

Dondanno great guy. will be a great leader I'm sure! Get yer pearls!
[+]