By Starbucks 2022-08-10 18:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you so hateful?
[+]
By Tarage 2022-08-10 18:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Why are you so hateful?
Because you've admitted multiple times you are trolling and I find this entire thread pointless and wish that you would lose your ability to post.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-08-10 18:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
this entire thread pointless

- The dude who made a thread about a someone liking posts using a clown emoji. Like please, make it make sense lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 18:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The clown emoji thread was GREAT.

This thread could be great! I mean the extra chromosomes comment was *** hilarious I'm still giggling.

But you can't make ULTIMATE SKILLCHAIN without aeonics!!
But you can't form a coherent thought with your extra chromosomes.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-08-10 18:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
this entire thread pointless

- The dude who made a thread about a someone liking posts using a clown emoji. Like please, make it make sense lol
After it became apparent that I was wrong, I didn't post again or prolong it. I took my clubbing and moved on.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 18:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you so hateful?
Because you've admitted multiple times you are trolling and I find this entire thread pointless and wish that you would lose your ability to post.
I'm not trolling. I'm making humour of the crying BLU DNC BST PUP.

I hope you will lose the ability to post. I have reported your harassment and ableist abuse.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-08-10 19:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you so hateful?

I hope you will lose the ability to post. I have reported your harassment and ableist abuse.
"Making humour" by mocking people and pretending to be them is the definition of trolling.
By kishr 2022-08-10 20:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well have it your way...

Only BST, PUP and SMN allowed, BST can come only if they want to tank. Everyone can only enter with a BLM SJ.
The winner is the first person to warp2 everyone else out first.
Then after your reward is nothing at all.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-10 20:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Im more hyped about this thread then sortie - Dont let me down
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-10 23:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Directx returns
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-08-10 23:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn already page 2? Where the *** is my popcorn?!?!
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-08-10 23:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dajjal said: »
I really don't know what PUPs wanted.

18% movement speed
Can I get a quest where I put nin AF feet into some sort of amalgamation the requires danzos. I'd gladly take 20% full time, and not have to be 1/5 the stats down when running during the day.... Also sam MNK and a few others say they want a word also.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-08-10 23:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
I really don't know what PUPs wanted.

clearly a new DRG frame with the creation of "Pet's Pet:" stats on Empyrean+2 would have been ideal
Robot dragon Yes please! I'd think about PUP sometimes if this was a thing.

*** XIV, we could have had so much, but they wanted to double down.... Sonsabitches!
By Starbucks 2022-08-11 03:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you so hateful?

"Making humour" by mocking people and pretending to be them is the definition of trolling.
I don't understand who I'm supposed to be pretending to be... Either way, there's no need to talk about downs syndrome. I would have used am insult like that 20 years ago, then I grew up.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2022-08-11 04:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Smart move...up is the opposite of down, after all.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-11 05:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was younger I had a friend who had an uncle with downs syndrome. When we (his friends) saw him, we would mock and ridicule him, and thought nothing of it. When I was having children and realised there is the potential for this to happen to anyone, I began to deeply regret what we did as children. Luckily, I did not have any children with downs syndrome yet, but I am mature enough now to not mock people for having downs syndrome. I hope that you will never have to face downs syndrome yourself, and that one day you can also mature beyond ridiculing people for having uncurable disabilities which are no fault of their own.
Stupidity, immaturity, and crudeness are all things which can be cured through education and by interacting with other human beings.
[+]
 Bahamut.Demoncard
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2022-08-11 10:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't mocking you or disabled people, I thought you might find that simple play on words funny.

But if you're wanting to make jobs useful, I've always thought Corsair should come with a passenger plane. That way, lazy party members wouldn't stay sat for long. They'd always be on their feet between the start and end. "Why are these seats so rough and itchy? Hey, attendant, why's the food like sandpaper"

Speaking of people who are always sat, instead of MP, White Mages should use their own blood for healing. That way, you can easily tell how hard they're working. This might lead to discrimination, though. "I don't want that White Mage, he's anemic! He only eats cookies and doesn't get enough iron. Let's let the WAR/WHM Galka heal instead. He looks like he can heal longer than the taru."

Dragoons should be able to swap their wyvern out for a rarab. They'd learn more about jumping that way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-11 12:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Im down for the syndrome" would be an awesome band name.
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2022-08-11 12:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So idk if this thread is serious, but I'm just going to respond as thought it is.

Jobs in this game are balanced fine. The problem is people.
And no amount of rebalancing will change the way people approach games.

First off, people rarely understand the difference between their own anecdotal experience, and reality. You could make a game where everyone has the same character, same race, same job, where the only difference is you're allowed to pick between two hair colours. Eventually someone will claim that their character with red hair is more accurate than their character with green hair. It'll somehow catch on, and red hair characters will become the new 'meta'. Don't believe me? Look at the history of this game. Look at the people who insisted on facing certain directions when crafting because they were it improved results (and still do even after SE flat out told everyone it doesn't). Or that moon phase impacted crafting, and drop rate. Or who used to run around with a lucky rarab tail and four leaf clover in their inventory because they thought it had a hidden treasure hunter effect. It didn't.
So no matter how much you try to re-balance the game, a new meta will happen that excludes players, regardless of whether or not the reason for the meta is even real or not.

Secondly, people are lazy. They take the path of least resistance. There are only a small handful of players that actually try new strategies or experiment with different jobs. Those players post their results and the masses just... copy that. They don't want to put in the effort to come up with a different strategy, they just want the maximum reward for the least amount of effort. They wait for a strategy, try to copy that strategy exactly without actually understanding the content they're doing, which leaves them incapable of creating their own strategy. Even if the mainstream strategy isn't the best strategy, and new better ones are discovered... people will stick to the mainstream thing unless it becomes incapable of delivering results.

... I could go on but theres not much point

Takeaway is this: if you want to use non-meta jobs for content... find friends who are willing to try new things and experiment with different jobs even if it means losing from time to time.

But no amount of re-balancing is going to stop lazy randos in PUGs from trying anything but the meta 99.9% of the time.

Even if you re-balance the game so that PUP or whatever is the new meta for most content, all those players will just go out, level and gear PUP, and we'll have the same problem we do now, just with different jobs. And someone else will make this same thread 6 months from now saying "PUP should be banned for content and the new event should only allow WAR to make skillchains" or whatever.
By Starbucks 2022-08-11 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I seriously think SE would do this? No

Do I seriously think that deep down people that play PUP don't really do it because they like being the oppressed underdog? No

Do I seriously think that SMNs are whiny *** since aeonics became old content? Yes

Do I seriously think it would be hilarious if SE forced us to use gimp jobs to get the final best gear in game? You betcha
By Tarage 2022-08-11 13:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I seriously think SE would do this? No

Do I seriously think that deep down people that play PUP don't really do it because they like being the oppressed underdog? No

Do I seriously think that SMNs are whiny *** since aeonics became old content? Yes

Do I seriously think it would be hilarious if SE forced us to use gimp jobs to get the final best gear in game? You betcha

Are you a complete idiot troll? Yes.