Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fun FFXICLOPEDIA Testimonials Section
Fun FFXICLOPEDIA Testimonials Section
By Neena 2022-07-20 11:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

While going down memory lane yesterday, I stumbled upon the “Testimonials” section in FFXICLOPEDIA. And honestly, it was such a great laugh.

My favorite was people being really upset that Proto Omega was listed as a summoner even though he doesn’t use Astral Flow.

“Why In gods name is he SMN as job, he does not use Astral Flow as his 2hr so why would he be SMN. Instead shouldn't his job be something more melee , like WAR? 19:03, 6 September 2008”

I guess back then we really focused a lot on that. I hope this thread is taken lightly and we can all laugh at old testimonials that we thought were relevant to us back then. :)
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-07-20 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Project_-_Shantottofication#Solo_Strategy_Mnk13/War6

Final Shantotto Ascension battle versus Domina and Belle Shantotto. Talk page #10 reads as:

"Solo Strategy Mnk13/War6

Tried fight, didn't win. got one-shotted."
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-07-20 15:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Kirin#Testimonials

Job Question:

"Person 1:
I know Kirin uses Astral Flow, but does he use Manafont? Usually when a monster uses a 2-Hour, that is considered their defining Job.

Many monsters use elemental spells, such as Element IV & Elementga III at higher levels, and not all of them are Black Mages. If Kirin does not use Manafont or other defining BLM abilities, this is something that should be discussed or else BLM is going to crop up on the list of jobs for almost every higher level monster

Person2:
This is ridiculous, the spells he casts unmistakably makes him a Black Mage, it is possible for a mob to be more than one job, and Kirin is one of them.

Person 3:
If he was a Black mage he would manafont, wouldn't he?"

Yeah, what was the obsession with knowing the jobs? lol
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-07-20 18:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

At a guess, it'd probably be so people could wager a guess at traits the mob may have? Idk, it is a bit of a weird thing to argue over.
By Zubis 2022-07-20 18:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Trial NMs are the best because you can see the sanity of the writer falling apart after 17 hours camping.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-07-20 19:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Almighty_Apkallu

some of the spawn theories on here are pretty great

Quote:
SE indicated that luck has a big role to play in whether or not he spawns. I took the ship back(alone) from Nashmau to Whitegate as 65BLU/32DNC hunting for Yawn spell on Waning Gibbous(74%), Earthsday 1733 Vana'diel time 10/28/1177 and nearly attacked him. I have "The Die is Cast" quest open but completed "Luck of the Draw". Note thre 7's are present on the day on the same line. "Vana'diel time 10/28/1177,Earthsday 1733" On my 3rd trip back from Nashmau to Whitegate I encountered him again. This time it was Watersday 0913 Vana'diel time 10/29/1177, Waning Gibbous (71%)
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-07-20 21:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the sky post for me the Zip Genbu and Ull ones are great. This Serket comment was one of the ones that had me laughing the most.

So: Serket does not prefer one attack over another each time it hits 100 TP? Does it use them all in its "standard" preference, but at a higher rate?

You're not exactly making this clear to me.

Also: Serket is a spellcasting mob? This is Bindga as in the spell? If so, is that the only spell it uses? It doesn't exactly make sense for SE to give it one spell; Even spellcasting NMs like Maltha have at least two spells to work with.

--Yes, Bindga is a spell. Serket can be silenced with a RDM with around 320 enfeebling skill. This prevents him from casting Bindga for a mild duration.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-07-20 21:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaping Lizzy

Quote:
Easily soloable by 85RDM/NIN. Kite/nuke method.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Leaping_Lizzy#Testimonials
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-21 03:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Almighty_Apkallu

some of the spawn theories on here are pretty great

Quote:
SE indicated that luck has a big role to play in whether or not he spawns. I took the ship back(alone) from Nashmau to Whitegate as 65BLU/32DNC hunting for Yawn spell on Waning Gibbous(74%), Earthsday 1733 Vana'diel time 10/28/1177 and nearly attacked him. I have "The Die is Cast" quest open but completed "Luck of the Draw". Note thre 7's are present on the day on the same line. "Vana'diel time 10/28/1177,Earthsday 1733" On my 3rd trip back from Nashmau to Whitegate I encountered him again. This time it was Watersday 0913 Vana'diel time 10/29/1177, Waning Gibbous (71%)

I remember this NM and the interview that predated their answer very clearly. SE/Devs was asked about it and they said "We don't know what Almighty Apkallu is and why he isn't popping" and everyone lost their ***wondering how in the hell SE does not know about the NM they created
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-21 06:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There's thousands of NMs in the game (maybe 1000-1500 when that question was asked), so it's not exactly surprising that the people that answer questions wouldn't know offhand about the details of a single one that's only notable because it rarely appeared. It'd be like asking the developers what Sickle Moon's mods are and expecting them to be able to tell you without looking it up.

If you had asked the programmer that coded Almighty Apkallu's spawn behavior, he might know offhand if it stuck out enough, but there's basically no chance a dev would know spawn methods for a random NM unless it was part of an endgame system they had a hand in designing.
[+]