users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Reforging DRK Relic Feet
Reforging DRK Relic Feet
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-07-17 04:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there anyone willing to help troubleshoot.

I've been going through the process of reforging all my DRK AF/Relic/Empy gear. No issues all the way UNTIL I did the relic shoes.

As a disclaimer, No; I do not have an item on Monisette I've yet to retrieve.

The requirements for creating Fallen's Sollerets (i109) is as follows:
(Abyss Sollerets +1) + (Rem's Tale Ch.5 x10) + (100 Byne Bill x1) + (Wootz Ore x1) + (Oxblood x1)
OR
(Abyss Sollerets +2 no aug) + (Rem's Tale Ch.5 x10) + (Wootz Ore x1) + (Oxblood x1)
OR
(Abyss Sollerets +2 full aug'd) + (Rem's Tale Ch.5 x5) + (Wootz Ore x1) + (Oxblood x1)

I initially was using BG wiki for this information, but when it failed multiple times, I double checked with Monisette herself and indeed the recipe on the wiki is correct.

I currently have the +2 un-augmented. I initially had the +1 but no combination of the aforementioned materials did the trick, so I upgraded it to +2. Now; whenever I trade Monisette the shoes + 10 rems ch. 5's + wootz + oxblood, she simply thanks me for the 10 rem's tales and stores them.

Honestly... what could I possibly doing wrong? I'm at a complete loss here. I've tried trading 10 tales, 5 tales, no byne bill, 1x 100byne, 2x 100byne... None of it works.

Is this a bug? or am I simply overlooking something obvious.

Thanks for any assistance!
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-07-17 04:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can think of is make sure you don't already have a pair reforged and maybe post a screenshot of your trade because as described it sounds like it should be working.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2022-07-17 05:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna put money on you reforged something but haven't picked it up yet.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-17 06:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
Gonna put money on you reforged something but haven't picked it up yet.

He already stated he doesn't. He also said he checked the NPC's recipe, so he would have claimed it then.

Since you've upgraded other items, access shouldn't be a problem.

You may want to check if you have the item already, but I don't think this is it. I upgrade SAM hands to 109, and totally forgot I had +3 already... I'd guess the error will be thrown when you try to collect, but yea, worth checking everywhere.

Make sure you have wootz ore and not a wootz ingot? I've done that type of thing before.

As a personal note as a drk. I'm 5/5 on AF+3, 5/5 on empy+1 but only 4/5 on relic to +3. The feet are the only thing i'm missing and likely won't upgrade. They are honestly not worth it. The LR+1 and Desperate Blows effect only work while equipped. There are better options all the way around. I'd say the money and skip that item.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-07-17 07:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Hey there anyone willing to help troubleshoot.

I've been going through the process of reforging all my DRK AF/Relic/Empy gear. No issues all the way UNTIL I did the relic shoes.

As a disclaimer, No; I do not have an item on Monisette I've yet to retrieve.

The requirements for creating Fallen's Sollerets (i109) is as follows:
(Abyss Sollerets +1) + (Rem's Tale Ch.5 x10) + (100 Byne Bill x1) + (Wootz Ore x1) + (Oxblood x1)
OR
(Abyss Sollerets +2 no aug) + (Rem's Tale Ch.5 x10) + (Wootz Ore x1) + (Oxblood x1)
OR
(Abyss Sollerets +2 full aug'd) + (Rem's Tale Ch.5 x5) + (Wootz Ore x1) + (Oxblood x1)

I initially was using BG wiki for this information, but when it failed multiple times, I double checked with Monisette herself and indeed the recipe on the wiki is correct.

I currently have the +2 un-augmented. I initially had the +1 but no combination of the aforementioned materials did the trick, so I upgraded it to +2. Now; whenever I trade Monisette the shoes + 10 rems ch. 5's + wootz + oxblood, she simply thanks me for the 10 rem's tales and stores them.

Honestly... what could I possibly doing wrong? I'm at a complete loss here. I've tried trading 10 tales, 5 tales, no byne bill, 1x 100byne, 2x 100byne... None of it works.

Is this a bug? or am I simply overlooking something obvious.

Thanks for any assistance!

You're either a. not trading something correctly or b. already have the item that you're trying to make.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2022-07-17 07:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have the totm trial flagged for the feet? or have it uncancelled from before?

PS you are now unworthy of the rng belt
[+]
 Sylph.Theodren
Server: Sylph
user: theodren
By Sylph.Theodren 2022-07-17 07:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Now; whenever I trade Monisette the shoes + 10 rems ch. 5's + wootz + oxblood, she simply thanks me for the 10 rem's tales and stores them.

I've made this mistake in the past so maybe check if you are trading a piece of oxblood or an oxblood orb.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-07-17 08:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ya Ashtopcat might be right. If they have a trial on them, they may be untradeable.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-07-18 01:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

First, Thanks for all the replies in a short window. Very nice of all of you.

The correct answer was:
I already had the item, and had stored it away and forgot about it months ago via Deeds. I had recently run out of things to upgrade and was just bringing anything slightly viable up, but totally overlooked this one... Quite frustrating, but it makes complete sense that the game wouldn't allow me to have 2 copies. It'd be nice if they gave me a message of "you already have this" etc. rather than "Thanks for the rems chapters my child".

Jakey / Jetackuu / Humpo thanks for pointing this out and having me do a full sweep via /findall, for whatever reason I didnt see the need to check for an item I knew I hadnt actually made already... but still stupid on my part.

Lakshmi.Ashtopcat said: »
do you have the totm trial flagged for the feet? or have it uncancelled from before?

PS you are now unworthy of the rng belt
No, I'm just stupid... and how dare you. I was worthy then, even if I dont play ranger anymore now. Time to drop your signed Cheviot Cape I held onto all these years.
That being said, is that true that having the magian trial flagged would render it untradable?

Shiva.Humpo said: »

As a personal note as a drk. I'm 5/5 on AF+3, 5/5 on empy+1 but only 4/5 on relic to +3. The feet are the only thing i'm missing and likely won't upgrade. They are honestly not worth it. The LR+1 and Desperate Blows effect only work while equipped. There are better options all the way around. I'd say the money and skip that item.

I decided to bring them up when I realized that having them in Last Resort precast reduces the defense penalty without having to keep them on, unlike the Abyss shoes of yore. That being said, your correct the desperate blows subtle blow is totally not worth it, and even inferior as a piece of armor to augmented Sakpata these days. Totally not worth +2 subtle blow for that much loss in stats.

Otherwise thanks to everyone for the help.
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-07-18 01:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's +2 per merit, so +10 total. +2 and +3 are 3 per merit, so do technically beat out Sakpata on raw subtle blow, which doesn't mean much.

Even reforged have to stay on for either bonus to work, but the difference is the bonus still works if you swap them out to WS instead of having to be glued on for the LR duration.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-07-18 01:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah +15 SB vs +13 on sakpata full aug'd, but the shoes themselves would only be active during LR, and you lose all the defensive stats and tp stats like double attack. Anytime you'd need the extra SB you'd make up for it on accessories. I think any combo of Bathy/Sakpata hands/Sakpata feet/Chirich+1 +or Dignitary's bring you to the 50 cap. Stuff like that's only really valued at Mboze anyway.

EDIT: i believe that's 3 off. My sakpata feet arnt capped so I use volte legs in my SB set... but with max aug I suppose swapping to better legs and simply using Schere would be best to stay at 65.... Or just rely on +25 from auspice

Kind of sad how poor Relic + AF in general aged now, considering they're only a few years old. Hopefully the empy +2/3 are competitive with the current gear meta
[+]