Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Binder with Logitech G815/G915
Binder with Logitech G815/G915
By Andromida 2022-06-16 15:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My keyboard has had enough and is slowly dieing. I'm considering buying a Logitech G815 which has G keys. The Binder plugin doesn't explicitly list the G815 as supported.

Is it supported but under a different name for the keyboard? Or can it be/likely to be added soon?

Cheers,
Andro~
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-16 16:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Slightly OT but I need to change my old and half broken Logitech G19 and I can't find another keyboard that has AT LEAST 12 G keys.

Any suggestion? :-(
By Jetackuu 2022-06-16 16:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Andromida said: »
My keyboard has had enough and is slowly dieing. I'm considering buying a Logitech G815 which has G keys. The Binder plugin doesn't explicitly list the G815 as supported.

Is it supported but under a different name for the keyboard? Or can it be/likely to be added soon?

Cheers,
Andro~

If it isn't listed as supported and is a different mapping than the ones on there then it won't work. You'd have to work with the Windower devs about it, iirc specifically Iryoku. (May be inaccurate) best to check on the Windower discord tbh though).
[+]
By Andromida 2022-06-16 17:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Slightly OT but I need to change my old and half broken Logitech G19 and I can't find another keyboard that has AT LEAST 12 G keys.

Any suggestion? :-(

I used to have 2 of those, many years ago sadly I don't know of one with that many keys. I did notice that Binder supports the Elgato Stream Deck which has 15 fully programmable keys.

Jetackuu said: »
If it isn't listed as supported and is a different mapping than the ones on there then it won't work. You'd have to work with the Windower devs about it, iirc specifically Iryoku. (May be inaccurate) best to check on the Windower discord tbh though).

Thanks for the suggestion, I will ask over there in a few days if there is no answer here soon.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-16 18:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheers,
Andro~
We give you what is essentially a keylogger to map the device id/keys, you hand us that data and we can add support. It's a rather simple process. If Iryoku isn't around any of the core-devs and some of the regular devs can get you started.
[+]
By Andromida 2022-06-16 18:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
We give you what is essentially a keylogger to map the device id/keys, you hand us that data and we can add support. It's a rather simple process. If Iryoku isn't around any of the core-devs and some of the regular devs can get you started.

Brilliant thank you Chiaia, fills me with some confidence that I'm not waisting money on the extra expensive keyboard :D
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-16 19:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I looooooooooove my g-keys, speaking of which, did they add being able to map Ctrl alt etc with the G-keys ever?
G-keys equals cure 3
Ctrl+g-keys equals curaga 3
Alt+g-keys equals idk cura 3 or something ha.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-16 19:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I want my 54 keys to become 162 plz and thanks!
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-16 19:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Another example
G-key utsusemi San, alt+g utsu ni, Ctrl+g utsu ichi
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-06-16 20:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Even without explicit support, I know G Hub allows you to map the G keys to nearly any arbitrary key combination which could then be bound to any input you want in Windower's init script.
[+]
By Andromida 2022-06-20 12:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't appear as though the G815 has specific G keys to be mapped but G HUB does give the option of mapping them to other keys. Is it possible to use bind on F13 to F24 with Windower? I have been trying to give it a go but no dice. I'm unsure if that is because those keys are not handled by windower or if I have the binding command incorrect.

//bind f13 up input /p hello

Given that I can bind F1 I am assuming that it is because F13-F24 are unavailable.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-20 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't appear as though the G815 has specific G keys to be mapped but G HUB does give the option of mapping them to other keys. Is it possible to use bind on F13 to F24 with Windower? I have been trying to give it a go but no dice. I'm unsure if that is because those keys are not handled by windower or if I have the binding command incorrect.

//bind f13 up input /p hello

Given that I can bind F1 I am assuming that it is because F13-F24 are unavailable.

I think what positron implied is binding f13 to a combination of keys using gsuite and then using windower to act on those combo keys for that button.
By Andromida 2022-06-20 15:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a response on Windower Discord, apparently F13-F15 is going to be supported in an update in the near future as it is already in the Dev build. There appears to be a limitation with the underlaying libraries that meaning that it can't do F16-F24 which is a shame.

I was hoping to be able to continue to have the key combinations as well as having the G keys, I'll figure out what keys combinations I don't already use and go from there.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-20 17:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep the tips coming, suggest me a keyboard with at least 12 Gkeys! :-(
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-20 17:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Keep the tips coming, suggest me a keyboard with at least 12 Gkeys! :-(

Use a macro "shift" function or get a pedal and turn all the keys into g keys?

Haven't personally used xivhotbar but I imagine you can get pretty creative with the mappings
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-20 17:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no bloody clue what you're talking about. A Pedal? Liiiink!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-20 18:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Any old usb foot pedal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GROEHWfyog

Can use a macro tied to the pedal to "key shift" your whole keyboard to basically be a whole layer of key binds for every key.

You don't really need the pedal to do this but it gives you more options and simplifies it
--
Such as step pedal = (ctrl + shift + x ) then < key press you assign here>
Some people have gone as far as assigning haste macros to each party member.
q = <p1>
w = <p2>

Get a 3 step pedal ctrl + shift + z + < key press you assign here>
q = alliance member1
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-21 01:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooh, that's a somewhat cool idea I guess, that I could use if I ever decided to swap keyboard.
Thanks!