AM3 addon Request
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-27 22:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
There's a difference between "when I press my WS macro, or use a JA, gearswap pretends I had included an equipset"
Unless you use the absolute most basic *** GS config, it does way more than that.
Even fairly simple libraries, like Mote's will take into account whether or not you're TP capped and change accessories, put on your obi for you if the weather is right etc.
More advanced ones will automatically drop you into a DT set if your HP dips, equip the most appropriate ammo for ranged attacks/WS and take things like REMA aftermath into account when constructing your sets. Considering the amount of actions and decision making that gets automated away here, something like removing the need to manually press 1 button at 1000TP is simply laughable by comparison, which is why I don't understand why people get their panties in a bunch about it.
By Jetackuu 2022-05-27 23:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Jetackuu said: »
legit action
a script automating a button press (an equipset macro)
Jetackuu said: »
blatant bot
A script automating a button press (a WS macro)

Hm, yes, much different, wow.

There is, you're being intentionally obtuse. Bye, Felicia.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-05-28 09:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every one person draws the same line in the sand. You can clearly see that from all the post here. According to the dictionary example, inserting a single line of text in to a table is a bot, so I think we are all screwed.

I am clearly not a person that cares if this guy wants to do what he was requesting, but I am also not naïve enough to think that gearswap doesn't handle swapping for me in a automated manner that is much more efficient than me doing it through in-game means. Isn't that the point of a bot; automation? It's to automate repetitive, constant ***that we don't want to do?

Just because it's seems harmless doesn't mean it isn't what it is.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-05-28 09:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
Also the way it goes now on the future level updates, do you realy wanna party for more then 30 hrs to get from master level 30 to 40. The amount of time and mxp is insane. Not many peeps willing to do that manualy. In some way SE is encouraging poeple to use bot programs. Wait till we get 40-50 then it will take a month of fulltime mxping to get there lol.

“Not many peeps willing to” assumes a ‘majority of people feel this way’. Unless there was some poll data I missed, I would be willing to bet the majority don’t bot.

Also I find mlvl / jp grinds fun. So why would I bot that.. :/
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-05-28 09:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
gargurty said: »
Also the way it goes now on the future level updates, do you realy wanna party for more then 30 hrs to get from master level 30 to 40. The amount of time and mxp is insane. Not many peeps willing to do that manualy. In some way SE is encouraging poeple to use bot programs. Wait till we get 40-50 then it will take a month of fulltime mxping to get there lol.

“Not many peeps willing to” assumes a ‘majority of people feel this way’. Unless there was some poll data I missed, I would be willing to bet the majority don’t bot.

Also I find mlvl / jp grinds fun. So why would I bot that.. :/
SE is just doing what they have been doing for years. Find a way to stretch a dime in to dollars.

It can be fun, but it isn't fun to do 24/7. Thus people start to find ways to automate it, because it's repetitive and tedious AF to do 24/7. When the only new content that comes out is to grind 19 billion XP, it's hard to split up the repetition. Not squares fault, just the mindset of the user.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-05-28 10:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I get more enjoyment out of writing and watching my bots than doing that crap manually
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2022-05-31 16:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
iting and watching my bots than doing that crap manually

MY MINIONS!!!