Why Dynamis-D Clears Cost Alot?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Why dynamis-D clears cost alot?
Why dynamis-D clears cost alot?
First Page 2
By whereistooki 2022-05-06 09:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

s
 Quetzalcoatl.Merton
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Mert
By Quetzalcoatl.Merton 2022-05-06 09:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism
[+]
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2022-05-06 10:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

whereistooki said: »
someone explain why they charge 20mil?

Used to be 250M for a clear.
Was on Asura after all…
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-05-06 12:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people keep paying it? I assume if everyone stopped paying mercs they would stop but that would require learning and playing the game...
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-05-06 13:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wanna compare what they *used* to charge, you can see it here: (warning: outdated info) https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55206/dyna-d-merc-guide/1/#3536825

That being said, w3 for 20m is cheap compared to what people sell it for on odin lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dajjal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2022-05-06 14:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Because people like you exist. You aren’t going to clear anything with only one gearset. And no one will invite you, so you pay for the clears.

[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-05-06 15:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It shocks me people pay 20 mil to a merc group. For 20 mil a person could easily gear a whm or geo that could do wave 3. My group once had a whm in 117 sparks gear heal the tanks in wave 3 with us clearing it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-05-06 15:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of factors that go into it.

1. Don't have to think. Just stand there, receive clear.

2. Don't have to know anything about the content. Let the person/people mercing do all of the coordination when it comes to jobs and strategies.

3. Don't have to have friends. If you are starting a group to do any content, whether it be dynamis d or gaol, sometimes the group doesn't mesh. Sometimes you get a person or two or three who are just dogcrap at playing the game and ruin everything.

4. Don't need to have any relevant job geared or leveled. The guy above me referenced the fact you can heal a W3 as a sparks WHM, which is true, but even if you can, I refer you to #3.

5. Don't have the patience. This ties them all together. They can organize and learn and get a group together which might take time. Or they can just pay somebody 20m right now and be done with it.

The obvious rebuttal to all of this is "why not just play the game instead" but the reality is some people aren't interested in the parts they think are too arduous (even if those parts aren't actually arduous).
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-05-06 15:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Use that 20mil to gear yourself up to do W3
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-05-06 16:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people like you exist. You aren’t going to clear anything with only one gearset. And no one will invite you, so you pay for the clears.
Seems like a bold assumption, do you know this guy? Are you guilty of the same thing?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-05-06 16:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Seems like a bold assumption, do you know this guy? Are you guilty of the same thing?

He literally posted in the BLU forum asking for only ONE melee/magic set cause he didn't want to use others.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-05-06 16:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, wonder if its a ff14 player. lol
By Jetackuu 2022-05-06 17:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

First off the words are "a" and "lot" secondly: it isn't a lot, you're paying for the time of others. Either gitgud and do your own runs with people or pay for the clear.
[+]
 Leviathan.Supernads
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-05-06 17:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You must ALLOT A LOT of gil for a Dynamis D clear.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-06 17:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they're unknowingly kind. Face it, if you're contemplating getting a wave3 merc'ed, its because its your only option and they could charge 10 times that (and did, as recently as 18 months ago in some places) and people will pay.

20 mil is a steal for a zero effort way to have the same gear as those who took the time to group up, build strats, get geared to handle it, and then get good enough to do it even with members of the alliance doing nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Kacil
user: Kacil
By Asura.Kacil 2022-05-06 17:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Use that 20mil to gear yourself up to do W3

That's what I'm trying to do for any and all content. 20 mil could go a long way for my gear progression. I probably make that in a month right now.
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-05-06 19:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Selling W3 clears 19m.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-06 20:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Because that's cheap compared to the time you waste doing JPs to oboro.

Also W3 is boring as hell to people who have already cleared it.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-05-07 16:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be worse people used to charge 60m.
By macsdf1 2022-05-07 20:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Should Clear W1 W2 and W3 in one run to alleviate boredom
 Asura.Damagen
user: Damagen
By Asura.Damagen 2022-05-08 02:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazy/entitled people created the demand. No sympathy I'm afraid.

If you want to play the game properly and not be charged through the nose, have at it. But if you only turned up to pay the big kids to do your homework for you and fulfil a list of achievements you found before signing up, I dunno what else you'd expect.

Get good, make friends, win.
[+]
By deathangle 2022-05-09 07:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if 20mil is a lot to you then why do you even want the clear? to r15 the weapon it cost 60mil............ just by farming odyssey ambu and omen regularly you can make 20mil in 1-2 weeks while unlocking it via jp would take 14 weeks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-05-09 08:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to pile on too harshly, but I never understood mercs at all, let alone this content.

What are you attempting to achieve, exactly? To embarrassingly quote Aerosmith, Life's a journey, not a destination.

To me, getting the unlock "done" is much less interesting then the memory of Urms DD getting charmed and wiping out half the alliance before we noticed, or me TAing Drift to promptly watch him get squished (whoops), or watching a noobie member leeroy jenkins Ou while listening to no one trying to tell him to stop over 3 minutes.

Play the game, dude. It's fun. Not for the shines. For the people.
By Nariont 2022-05-09 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

People are lazy, or alternatively lack the time/commitment to join/start a group to get up to the level of clearing said content, you might say "then just go the jp route" but that's really a much harsher route than just dropping a small sum and getting it out of the way for good.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-09 10:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Not to pile on too harshly, but I never understood mercs at all, let alone this content.

What are you attempting to achieve, exactly? To embarrassingly quote Aerosmith, Life's a journey, not a destination.

To me, getting the unlock "done" is much less interesting then the memory of Urms DD getting charmed and wiping out half the alliance before we noticed, or me TAing Drift to promptly watch him get squished (whoops), or watching a noobie member leeroy jenkins Ou while listening to no one trying to tell him to stop over 3 minutes.

Its only like buying SU5 weapons.... i aint going to spend that amount of time to skill up and make a shield for the crafter thats needed. Sure ill get "memories" along the way but why going to that effort when i can buy it off the AH.

Its same for people buying clears, they might not want to go to the effort of finding people geared enough that play at the same time to get the clears. Its not really hurting you in any way, shape or form so just leave them to it. That being said outside of Assura there is minimal mercing.
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2022-05-09 15:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

20m is pretty cheap considering it takes a group of people to organize and bring BiS jobs to make up for the extra leeches. I no longer play but it was 200m last time I did. I geared up bard and was able to get a few w3 clears before quitting; whm is probably the easiest way to get in.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-05-09 17:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What is wave 3? Do I need seggies to enter?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-05-09 17:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Asura.Jdove said: »

He literally posted in the BLU forum asking for only ONE melee/magic set cause he didn't want to use others.

To be fair he asked for TWO sets in Blu forum. one for melee/ws and one for magic, for one of the jobs with the most gear sets though.

It was in the PLD forum section he asked if he could get away with just using the idle sets (sakpata).
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2022-05-09 18:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Because that's cheap compared to the time you waste doing JPs to oboro.

Also W3 is boring as hell to people who have already cleared it.
Not all ;)
First Page 2