Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-04 07:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A new Ambuscade! https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Corse

Quote:
While you might be able to overpower your corse opponent using conventional means, I think the battle becomes even more exciting when you take into account the special abilities they can use.

Expect the Monk subtle blow / mew strat to be the go to. If tp can't be withheld (due to regain or immunity) then heavy reliance on resisting charm.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-02-04 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Automatons are immune to Charm aren't they? Wonder if PUP could duo light with the auto under Overdrive while keeping hate on the auto, might help avoid charm if it is single target.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-04 10:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Assume that it will have Gala Macabre (AoE). But not much point theorizing until it's out, just wanted to make sure the theme stayed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-02-04 15:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Automatons are immune to Charm aren't they? Wonder if PUP could duo light with the auto under Overdrive while keeping hate on the auto, might help avoid charm if it is single target.

If it's unsafe for the master to be in AoE range (e.g., Gala Macabre like Eiryl said), there's always the possibility of only pets in range. Just like the popular approach for Poroggo ambuscade, where a single well geared puppet can take the frog out with Overdrive and COR rolls and players stay waaaaaay back. Multiple pets = even faster.

Under Overdrive you probably don't want the master in there anyway. You'd want to be using gear focused entirely on the puppet to not waste Overdrive, so master TP gain will be very weak and you won't be a very good SC partner. And the puppet gets TP so fast it can SC with itself. Puppet + master both hitting the mob is more for non-Overdrive situations (which could potentially be viable too).

Of course, perhaps there are gimmicks that make PUP methods less sustainable. We'll see soon.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-02-10 01:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything so far?
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-02-10 01:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It completely resist/Absorb Light Element.

Not sure if they forgot to update the move set, but it uses goblin dice which is Charm and 10sec doom.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-10 01:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lovely. Nicander's necklace gonna triple in price this month.
[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2022-02-10 02:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it weak to any elements? Obviously light seems to be a no-go based on what Topace noted.

Wondering if 0TP enspell comp would work if it is going to spam charm/doom.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ameilia
user: danpelope
By Lakshmi.Ameilia 2022-02-10 02:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Not sure if they forgot to update the move set, but it uses goblin dice which is Charm and 10sec doom.

It's actually Windower (BattleMod specifically?) that's causing that, though not their fault. If you log in before they have a chance to update windower4/res/monster_abilities.lua, you'll still have last months Ambuscade monster TP move descriptions.

Ultimately, it's because the XI devs ran out of addressing space for adding new monsters when they implemented Ambuscade. Their solution at the time was to delete the old Ambuscade monsters each month and repurpose the ability IDs for the new monsters.

Can take a glance at https://github.com/Windower/Resources/commit/c0f79a3cc72a974e48a23cfffebea2b776696fe0
and scroll down to monster_abilities.lua if you want to see an example.
[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2022-02-10 02:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to solo on RDM. Fully debuffable to everything though silence doesn't stick for very long. Enspell was doing solid damage until about 90% when a note in the log stated "A mystical veil envelops your foe...". At that point all of my enspell damage began to heal him and he summoned 4 skeleton adds. Got overwhelmed quickly but I do not believe they can be slept. With slow2 his attacks are really slow and pretty easy to blink, did not encounter the charm TP attack but may have just been luck.
[+]
By phunky 2022-02-10 03:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few solos on rdm and blu on easy. After he spawns his adds seems like he absorbs magic damage. Noticed enfire being absorbed as well as light, dark and distortion sc.

Adds completely resist sleep II and also sheep song. They can be bound though.

Uses Gambol Macabre. Charm 10 second doom count.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-10 03:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throw 6 PUPs at it and relax!
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-02-10 03:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Would usually work but the addition of a 10-count AoE Doom ruins PUP burns. Doom is an Automaton's Achilles Heel.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-10 03:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Dance Macabre AoE charm or single target?

Doesn't the doom stick only if the charm sticks? Or does it stick regardless? Because if it's the latter of course PUP is not viable then.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-10 03:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

is macabre a gaze attack?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-10 03:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt, all corse versions are not gaze-based so it's safe to assume this isn't either.

Danse Macabre can be both AoE or single target though, unless I'm wrong here? I seem to recall some Corse have an AoE version? But it's tipically single target...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-02-10 04:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its Aoe Charm for sure and not gaze and it's even on Very Easy
There is no doom on Very Easy tho I think.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-10 04:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon do you know if the Doom sticks ONLY if you get charmed, or regardless of that?
Changes a lot wether or not PUP can be viable for this.
[+]
 Odin.Apollocry
Server: Odin
user: apollocry
By Odin.Apollocry 2022-02-10 06:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda sounds like Xolotl from back in the day. Can the adds be slept with lullaby? Can the corse be slept with lullaby after a charm like Xolotl could? Is kiting with ranged damage or pets an option to avoid the aoe charm / doom? Has anyone noticed a correlation between momento mori and gala macabre like with Giltine? Maybe if you stun momento mori it stops gala macabre?
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-02-10 07:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to log in to confirm but this Macabre move sounds new, separate and apart from Danse & Gala Macabre.

Charm AND Doom being elemental opposites sounds like a challenge, and makes me curious if one or both can be resisted on Rune through Lux/Tenebrae or a combination of Lux/Tenebrae & Resist gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-10 07:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the duration on the charm? The little blurb from SE about "Work around the special abilities" kinda got my brain going in a weird direction. Maybe the play is they WANT everybody to get charmed at the same time.

There is no educated guesswork behind the above statement. Just spit ballin'. I'll test after this emergency maintenance.
[+]
By Mavrickx 2022-02-10 07:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried solo on RUN VE with trusts. Charm move came up as Hectacomb Macabre in my log. Charmed me with Tenebrae x3 + M.Evasion gear. When Charm wore off, just by eyeballing, my damage seem to jumped conciderably. Went from 9k Resolutions to +30k~, again just from eyeballing.

Tried again on D, was able to chip away at it with just trust support until ~90% when adds spawn and killed me.

- The Memento Mori move that gives Magic Atk boost seems to stack, His spells got stronger with each use. Going from ~200 to ~1800 after a couple stacks.
[+]
By Trillium 2022-02-10 08:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 5 fights on VE for the seals. 2 with pt of 3, 3 solo 1 as thf + trusts 2 with mnk + trutss

My mule 3 pt was sc all over and it charmed early. Damage goes way up after you get charmed and seemed like either the regen from a gimp geo regen was enough to keep full health, or there is some regen mechanic.

The star party downed it pretty quickly with multi step light on mnk brd geo, didn't even charm.

Thf I was wsing but it was so slow I eventually went afk to get coffee and came back to have it just charmed me, so lucky timing. I re-engaged and went afk again for the win.

The mnks + trusts were the same as the thf but seemed to battle a bit faster. Basically the strat for mule seals this month is engage then just watch at about 5-10 minute mark, depending on your damage re-engage after charm.

I think my mules had 2 healers a tank and some random support. I don't really recall, just my standard domain invasion trusts in macro.

Not sure if anyone has been killed post charm.... but seems impossible on ve to me if you are engaged. It does seem to have some regen also, even at ve, as I swear I saw it tick up at one point, but not really a concern.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-02-10 08:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I did VE without charm, but I also killed him from like 40% in one WS. I went back on E and he charmed me but not my GEO mule (and I also got doomed somehow). Perhaps its charm is sight based?

Someone let me know if VD does Dread Spikes so I can finish writing off this month.
[+]
By Trillium 2022-02-10 09:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe it is sight based. Even on VE x 5 fights was behind in every case and all my members got charmed. Given how VE behaves after charm.... I wonder if they get equally weak at higher levels... if you can survive that mechanic.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2022-02-10 09:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried on N, 4 adds (Bozzeto Warder, skeletons) popped at 90%, and completely resisted Sleep and Lullaby.
Boss was silencable, got only one immunobreak.
Adds did Black Cloud to make Darkness, Corse MB'd with Comet <.<
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-10 10:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

VD
PLD/MNK/WHM/COR/BRD/GEO

4 Adds popped at 90%, they do piddly damage to PLD. I was just taking minimal damage in general -- everybody was. Holy Circle/Sepulcher was a decent combination.

I got him to about 30% in a few minutes. He did Memento Mori twice and then the third TP move was Gambol Macabre. It was single target on the MNK and everybody else was in range and facing the corse.

With a lot of my addons broke, it was a bit more strenuous to 6 box. I probably could have survived the charm if I was paying more attention. MNK was punchin PLD from the back and killed him before I could react.

If Mewing, Feather Tickle, TP Drainkiss, or Absorb TP work, you can probably just kill this idiot without him ever using a TP move. I was using Indi Attunement and Entrust Vex to try to resist the charm and/or doom but that didn't happen. Maybe just drop the GEO in favor of one of those TP reducing jobs.

If you wanna get deeper, I was doing absolutely nothing on BRD and COR after buffs. They could probably sub /SMN if mewing does indeed work.

I am done with my attempts for now until some of these addons get fixed. I will report back later.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-02-10 10:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Mewing does work, and so does chi blast and spiral plague. So /smn is viable in this. I couldn't do this properly cuz of addons broken.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-02-10 10:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah very nice. Should be pretty easy when things are fixed then.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7