New PM Is Not Showing?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » New PM is not showing?
New PM is not showing?
By Sarteck 2021-12-07 00:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

A short while ago, I seem to have received a private message. The message was sent to my e-mail address on file, but I can't seem to view it on FFXIAH. There is a "Inbox New (1)" message under my avatar in the top right of the page, but when clicking it to go to the Private messages area, there doesn't appear to be any messages, and there is indeed a message claiming "This box is empty."

I've turned off my Adblock for the site, just in case that might have been the issue, and there's been no change in the behavior.

I don't know if this is a known issue, but a quick scan of the recent topics doesn't reveal anything about it.

I did get the message through e-mail; I just am unsure why I cannot view it here. In fact, there was a link sent wit the e-mail that allowed me to view the PM on FFIXAH and even send a reply, "You can send a message by replying to this email or by clicking on the following link:"

I did successfully send a PM reply through that, but my Inbox still refuses to tell me that I have any messages.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-07 08:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Within the Inbox, near the top of the page, you should see a drop-down box with your character name. If you click on it, it'll list other sub-accounts. If you received the message to one of the sub accounts, it'll show up as a new message everywhere, but only be visible when you view it as a specific character.

It drove me nuts for a while as well. I didn't even realize it until way down the line that I've got "Ragnarok.Jessikah", "Caitsith.Jessie", and "Jessie".
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2021-12-07 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Within the Inbox, near the top of the page, you should see a drop-down box with your character name. If you click on it, it'll list other sub-accounts. If you received the message to one of the sub accounts, it'll show up as a new message everywhere, but only be visible when you view it as a specific character.

It drove me nuts for a while as well. I didn't even realize it until way down the line that I've got "Ragnarok.Jessikah", "Caitsith.Jessie", and "Jessie".
Thank you for that! Iv had a 'new message' showing for months now. But i could never find it. And my inbox showed everything viewed. Was rly annoying me.. Apparently it was under a different name in that drop down box.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-07 09:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Thank you for that! Iv had a 'new message' showing for months now. But i could never find it. And my inbox showed everything viewed. Was rly annoying me.. Apparently it was under a different name in that drop down box.
Yeah it's a really weird design. But I'm happy I was able to help!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-07 09:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Very weird design, all the inboxes should be connected. Silly to have a message go to eiryl but asura.eiryl cant see it lol
By Sarteck 2021-12-07 09:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Oh, neat. All right, thanks!

[And thanks to everyone else who commented; I feel a little less like a dummy now. :D]
[+]
By ksoze 2021-12-07 12:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol had the same thing and now fixed it