Allow Manually Entered Information.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Allow manually entered information.
Allow manually entered information.
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Ezekieal
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Ezekieal
By Lakshmi.Ezekieal 2021-11-22 22:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I stupidly deleted my character from guildwork when it was broken recently as I saw a thread where someone said deleting then re-adding will fix it.

So I am assuming I will soon lose my mission data and rank.

I was thinking that maybe instead of relying on guildwork and the now defunct linkshell community we could just enter information manually.

Whether it be considered for ranking I don't know, I mean who cares if someone lies about having completed CoP or whatever right?

Anyway just some wishful thinking on my part xD
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-11-22 23:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can guaran-***-tee that people will lie about data, rendering ranks meaningless.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ezekieal
By Lakshmi.Ezekieal 2021-11-22 23:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah but my point is who cares right? Leave manually entered data unranked.

Also with a lot of the community unable to be ranked even if they wanted to, maybe just remove the rank system altogether?
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2021-11-24 10:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank is dumb on here anyway. You can't compete with no-lifers that buy gil or run a 5/6 party of bot accounts. Not saying they all do, but come on.
[+]
 Asura.Bulbafett
Server: Asura
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Bulbafett 2021-11-24 10:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The plugin that broke which lead to the GW issues is actively being fixed. Shouts and bazaar have reappeared. I expect the other functionality and all the connections between AH and GW to be fixed in the upcoming weeks so this will be a moot issue.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-24 11:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bulbafett said: »
The plugin that broke which lead to the GW issues is actively being fixed. Shouts and bazaar have reappeared. I expect the other functionality and all the connections between AH and GW to be fixed in the upcoming weeks so this will be a moot issue.
Fixing Guildwork won't fix this issue, because this functionality relied on the Linkshell Community being active to scan players for those things, which it will never be again.

People who had recorded the info before it went down will have said info recorded by Guildwork as it was, but anyone who deletes their account, make a new account, or made progress since then will show no changes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-11-24 11:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Fixing Guildwork won't fix this issue, because this functionality relied on the Linkshell Community being active to scan players for those things, which it will never be again.

People who had recorded the info before it went down will have said info recorded by Guildwork as it was, but anyone who deletes their account, make a new account, or made progress since then will show no changes.

The guildwork plugin gathers mission data.
 Asura.Bulbafett
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Bulbafett 2021-11-24 12:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »

Yea, I never signed up for the ls community on this account. pretty sure that it was nuked shortly after i started playing on it. And Until I did a server swap and deleted data on my character all of the mission data was accurate and up to date
 Bahamut.Sirtaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sirtaru 2021-11-24 13:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That function must have been not functioning properly for quite awhile then. I started back up on a new character November of last year and it never updated any of my mission progress. Job levels, crafting, gear, mastery, and titles it did, but the missions were always blank.
By RadialArcana 2021-11-24 13:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Rank is dumb on here anyway. You can't compete with no-lifers that buy gil or run a 5/6 party of bot accounts. Not saying they all do, but come on.

>toxic casuals
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-11-24 13:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ezekieal said: »
Well yeah but my point is who cares right? Leave manually entered data unranked.

Also with a lot of the community unable to be ranked even if they wanted to, maybe just remove the rank system altogether?

If nobody cares then why do we need to manually enter missions and stuff?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hadriel
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Hadriel 2021-11-24 13:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Call me crazy, but to easily track things?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-11-24 14:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

An easy way to track things is with colour changing links in Firefox, and other browsers I’m sure. Bring up wiki, if link is blue you need to do it, if it’s purple, ***’s done.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-24 15:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not one of you noobs is mastery rank 8 I bet

The game has its own personal achievement system now! Who needs ffxiah ranks!
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-11-24 15:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It handles some mission data but atm ffxiah doesn't use any of it.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-24 15:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get out your handy guide and draw a little check mark next to the quests you have done. When you've checked them all off, you're done with the game. Duh.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-24 15:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Just get out your handy guide and draw a little check mark next to the quests you have done. When you've checked them all off, you're done with the game. Duh.

Literally my in-game life since January

It's really hard to check all the boxes btw
 Lakshmi.Ezekieal
By Lakshmi.Ezekieal 2021-11-28 03:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Well for personal use, it is great. Tracking assaults etc is can be invaluable. Also I just personally like to see it all filled in, it is satisfying. Being rank whatever in the game and server doesn't matter.
By Zubis 2021-11-28 03:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a Google Sheet or Excel file.

BG Wiki also has templates.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Templates/User_Templates
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ezekieal
By Lakshmi.Ezekieal 2021-11-28 04:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Use a Google Sheet or Excel file.

BG Wiki also has templates.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Templates/User_Templates
Cool those seem like a good idea.
By Jetackuu 2021-11-28 10:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it ultimately comes to once GW is back working how it was if Scragg-Rooks have the energy to actually pull the other data. It was a WiP for literal years, but people have lives. /shrug
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-11-28 11:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever pug that “high ranking” person that got your party/alliance killed?!
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-28 11:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the people who value AH points want to know that there are people on this platform that have injected *** information into Guildwork in the past.

The points don't mean ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-28 11:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
I don't think the people who value AH points want to know that there are people on this platform that have injected *** information into Guildwork in the past.
Hey, ask those people if they can teach me how to inject my *** titles onto guildwork
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-28 11:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The one individual that I know did it is no longer around or interested.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-11-28 12:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Anyone ever pug that “high ranking” person that got your party/alliance killed?!

Meaningless. Everyone makes some big *** now and again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-28 14:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason I like to see profiles updated is so you have an idea of what people have. I mean, you could just ask them, but that takes longer than putting their name in to a search bar.

Also, achievement points never meant anything. Not only because people buy gil, bot, cheat, or multi-box a billion characters, but because you get nothing for being #1 on a server. Who cares? It doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just means you spent more time collecting a bunch of pixels which clog up your inventory. There's no way to store all the ultimate weapons, and guaranteed you aren't using two-thirds of those anyway.

Also, 95% of the quests in this game are either stupidly, tediously long for little reward (Moat Carp rage), or are so easy it's nothing to feel accomplished about. It's all about time, money, and being able to follow instructions on FFXIcyclopedia or BGwiki. Others already did the hard work, so there's rarely any skill involved. Reputation matters more. If you're known for being a complete douche, even if you're Altana's Gift to Vana'Diel with all REMA's and master 20 all jobs, people won't want to play with you.

Also yeah, manually entering information for your profiles wouldn't work, because people lie. They would do this to make themselves "look good", and then when people ask "can you go on this?", they will make up excuses just so they aren't caught out on the lies.
 Lakshmi.Ezekieal
By Lakshmi.Ezekieal 2021-11-28 19:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Also yeah, manually entering information for your profiles wouldn't work, because people lie. They would do this to make themselves "look good", and then when people ask "can you go on this?", they will make up excuses just so they aren't caught out on the lies.

Yeah I guess for those reasons you are right. But in that case the data that used to be collected from the linkshell community site needs to be scraped by guildwork instead. It isnt fair for people who started playing after it went down or to people who didnt register with it in time,
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-11-28 20:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It isnt fair for people who started playing after it went down or to people who didnt register with it in time

No, what's not fair is the ongoing bitching about things that really don't *** matter when this is all done on a voluntary basis.
[+]
First Page 2