Garland Of Bliss WS Set?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Garland of Bliss WS set?
Garland of Bliss WS set?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2021-09-17 09:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello All,

I have been chipping away at SMN for a year or so (#part-time-player-goals) and have finally finished the base 75 Nirvana.. Now onto trials...

I was purusing the web and haven't found a WS set yet posted for Garland if Bliss. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show what they use, or, point me in the right direction if I missed a post somewhere. Any help would be appreciated!

Part of the reason I'm asking is the irritating trials where you have to finish the mob off with GoB if anyone is wondering.
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-17 11:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just build for Magic attack Bonus, Like Amalric set or Merlinic or if you have it Nyame w/ or w/o RP.
[+]
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2021-09-17 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

this is what i used.... was efficient enough.

head={ name="Amalric Coif +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
body={ name="Amalric Doublet +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
hands={ name="Amalric Gages +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
legs={ name="Amalric Slops +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
feet={ name="Amalric Nails +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Malignance Earring",
right_ear="Novio Earring",
left_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
right_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
back="Moonbeam Cape",
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-09-17 11:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my set:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/381845

Should work well for your trials.

With a R15 Nirvana you should be getting around 20k unresisted Garland's with this.

Of course Orpheus sash isn't needed for trials, so can replace with an eschan stone or something, you'll still do way more than enough damage, same goes for the Epaminondas's Ring.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-17 11:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Hello All,

I have been chipping away at SMN for a year or so (#part-time-player-goals) and have finally finished the base 75 Nirvana.. Now onto trials...

I was purusing the web and haven't found a WS set yet posted for Garland if Bliss. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show what they use, or, point me in the right direction if I missed a post somewhere. Any help would be appreciated!

Part of the reason I'm asking is the irritating trials where you have to finish the mob off with GoB if anyone is wondering.

For WS trials stack the ever living hell out of MaB damage. I think this gimp *** set is what I used more recently on my main to help my alts and it worked well (granted a fully upgraded Nirvana will have the WS bonuses, note: that doesn't work for the first trial, only the kill trials), that and a buttload of regain atma (get them if you don't have them, it's worth the few minutes it takes, especially sea daughter.
Code
		head={ name="Telchine Cap", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}},
		body="Gyve Doublet",
		hands={ name="Amalric Gages +1", augments={'INT+12','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
		legs={ name="Amalric Slops +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
		feet={ name="Amalric Nails +1", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Conserve MP"+7',}},
		neck="Saevus Pendant +1",
		waist="Eschan Stone",
		left_ear="Hecate's Earring",
		right_ear="Moldavite Earring",
		left_ring="Arvina Ringlet +1",
		right_ring="Shiva Ring +1",
		back="Scintillating Cape",
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-17 14:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be able to use weatherspoon ring/+1 for a significant boost
By Jetackuu 2021-09-17 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
eyeroll.jpg
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-09-17 14:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You need Freke Ring and Shiva+1. And a cohort cloak +1 R15!
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-17 15:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
eyeroll.jpg

Eyeroll that you wish you thought of that?! Also, if you're in abyssea, atma of the beyond adds like 30% dmg to a light based attack
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2021-09-17 15:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
You need Freke Ring and Shiva+1. And a cohort cloak +1 R15!
From my testing, cohort cloak +1 R15 lost out against Cath palug crown and almaric body +1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-09-17 15:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean this is overkill for your purpose but this is my current set for the rare times I want to actually do damage with garland of bliss (usually want to do minimal damage to let other smns also get aftermaths up)
not all nyame is done augmenting yet so this set may change some more
Code
        ammo		=	"Pemphredo Tathlum",
        head		=	"C. Palug Crown",
        body		=	"Nyame Mail",
        hands		=	"Amalric Gages +1",
        legs		=	"Nyame Flanchard",
        feet		=	"Amalric Nails +1",
        neck		=	"Baetyl Pendant",
        waist		=	"Orpheus's Sash",
        left_ear	=	"Friomisi Earring",
        right_ear	=	"Malignance Earring",
        left_ring	=	"Epaminondas's Ring",
        right_ring	=	"Weather. Ring +1",
        back		=	{ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','MND+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}

but yeah especially in abyssea you shouldn't need anything close to this the light affinity atma especially should make it very easy, may also want to use fotia for chance of tp return. Also if you have a lot of cruor from back in the day you can pull a large group of mobs and pop a brew to spam ws's faster and not even have to worry about gear.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-17 17:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

eyeroll.jpg

Eyeroll that you wish you thought of that?! Also, if you're in abyssea, atma of the beyond adds like 30% dmg to a light based attack

Nope.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-17 17:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

eyeroll.jpg

Nope.

OK.. Allow me to just eyeroll then; the ring and atma are better advice than anything in your set lol. Got to admit I enjoyed moldavite earring in there though.
 Bahamut.Sobius
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2021-09-17 19:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you have a lot of cruor from back in the day you can pull a large group of mobs and pop a brew to spam ws's faster and not even have to worry about gear.

This is new to me - I do have a lot of cruor from way back when.

Just curious how one goes about doing this, and how efficient it is (waiting on repops etc?)

Very much appreciated the responses as well. Thanks to the community.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2021-09-17 19:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do it solo with regen atmas or a dt set, pull around 30 mobs, they'll re pop in around 5 mins.

Or can get a buddy to pull a bunch for you instead, will be much faster because they can start their next pull while you go re purchase your next brew.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-17 21:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Also if you have a lot of cruor from back in the day you can pull a large group of mobs and pop a brew to spam ws's faster and not even have to worry about gear.

This is new to me - I do have a lot of cruor from way back when.

Just curious how one goes about doing this, and how efficient it is (waiting on repops etc?)

Very much appreciated the responses as well. Thanks to the community.
The 1st set of mobs once killed are abit slower to repop. But after that they repop much faster. You want to shoot for a mob group of 25+ tho.

Arcana - Misareaux Coast #6, plenty of bombs & detectors
Plantoids - Misareaux Coast #8 Mandies or Altep #6 mandies
Vermin - Misareaux Coast #0 Spiders
Lizards - Misareaux Coast #7-8 All the lizards

Depends on mobgroup size and running, but around 30 ws per brew. And with gearswap dont even need to engage.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-17 22:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

eyeroll.jpg

Nope.

OK.. Allow me to just eyeroll then; the ring and atma are better advice than anything in your set lol. Got to admit I enjoyed moldavite earring in there though.

ok, be wrong. Also: welcome to the blocklist.
By SimonSes 2021-09-18 03:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What he is wrong about?
Light affinity works for Garland of Bliss.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 11:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
What he is wrong about?

Well first off the logical choice for any sane person of adoulin rongs wouldn't be that one so it's effects are moot.

Secondly the math doesn't work out. If one has it though: sure great, go for it.

It's worth noting that a lot of completed GoB sets may focus on MaCCinstead of MaB, to extend the debuff duration. (this part is directed at OP).
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-18 11:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like weatherspoon ring would be great for it, extra MACC.

Also weatherspoon ring is a really good ring for a number of jobs not sure why you hate it? Sure there are others rings that are great, but don't act like there is only one choice of ring.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 12:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Sounds like weatherspoon ring would be great for it, extra MACC.

Also weatherspoon ring is a really good ring for a number of jobs not sure why you hate it? Sure there are others rings that are great, but don't act like there is only one choice of ring.

Mentioning a 1/12 ring that somebody isn't likely to have beyond "this is best in slot, but" is asinine at best. But I digress.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-18 12:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny to be upset that someone didn't give an alternative, then replay twice without any information but okay.
By SimonSes 2021-09-18 12:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What he is wrong about?

Well first off the logical choice for any sane person of adoulin rongs wouldn't be that one so it's effects are moot.

Secondly the math doesn't work out. If one has it though: sure great, go for it.

It's worth noting that a lot of completed GoB sets may focus on MaCCinstead of MaB, to extend the debuff duration. (this part is directed at OP).

Like Bippin pointed out Weatherspoon has macc. I also completely disagree on it being a weird or bad choice for SoA ring.
What are other good SoA rings?
Haverton is super niche for MNK mainly
Janniston is good for healing, but nothing gamebreaking
Orvail is great, but only if you craft on main char
Shneddick is awesome inventory saver and for some jobs only 18% movement speed option
Thurandaut makes building sets easier for pup, but its not essential imo
Vocane is mainly niche for knockback, since we now has easy access to tons of great DT pieces and R15 Gelationous Ring on top of Defending Ring.
Karieyh is ok, but for almost any WS it's just side grade option to Niqqmadu, Regal, Beithir, Epaminondas, R15 Metamorph etc.

Now Weatherspoon is great for Fast Cast and Quick Cast on jobs with low access to both and this mix is for example really good for something like /nin shadows. Still the main advantage of the ring is that Light Affinity. It's a significant boost to Trueflight, Seraph Blade, Flash Nova, Primal Rend, Garland of Bliss and probably also Tachi: Koki (tho it hasn't been discussed in context of that WS yet I think). Also BLU light nukes, Light Helix, Lux Lunge/Swipe, Holy etc.

The only rings I would consider getting over Weatherspoon is Shneddick or Orvail.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Funny to be upset that someone didn't give an alternative, then replay twice without any information but okay.

Not upset at all.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 12:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I also completely disagree on it being a weird or bad choice for SoA ring.
cool, but this was literally never stated.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-18 12:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well first off the logical choice for any sane person of adoulin rongs wouldn't be that one so it's effects are moot

Sorry I guess this caused some confusion.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 13:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps
By SimonSes 2021-09-18 13:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok then I disagree on it being non logical choice for any sane person. Its one of the most logical choices given equipment option we have now and SoA rings impact on specific builds. Details in my previous comment.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 13:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok then I disagree on it being non logical choice for any sane person. Its one of the most logical choices given equipment option we have now and SoA rings impact on specific builds. Details in my previous comment.
Ok.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-18 13:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: welcome to the blocklist.

So glad after reading your other responses.. Oh what ever shall I do without your elite gear advice!

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about but FYI, weatherspoon is one of the the most common ring choices because it is best in slot for several sets, as shared by SimonSes. I suggest you have some level of acceptable knowledge/counter argument before trying to tell someone they are wrong in the future, on this forum as well as in life.
First Page 2