Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-12 07:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
knowing they won't even try it because they're incompetent

Pretty reasonable conclusion there. Can't disagree, I don't expect them to try any of this ***. It's just a shame, because most of it is not terribly complex to implement.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-09-20 11:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As an FYI, two new songs were in September's update files, #31 and #32. I added them to the setbgm addon and pushed a commit, but it has not been published yet.

You can manually replace your entire setbgm.lua file with the following to listen to the music and not have to wait for the file. Type //setbgm 31 or //setbgm 32. Reload the lua if your in game while you replace it.

This following is my personal opinion on what they sound like.

I have not done any VR yet, so correct me if they were used in missions this month.

31 reminds me of zone music with a spooky vibe, like caedarva/yorcia/arrapago reef

32 sounds like an "inquisitive" theme, maybe a moogle theme, of some type.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-09-20 11:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit/taking a long break because of Odyssey. Couldn't find a group of people motivated enough or who had enough free time to go when I could go.

I honestly didn't enjoy it much either, but I think that was because I was tired of going with randoms and it feeling forced as daily content.

edit; oops didnt realize i was bumping an older post
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-09-20 12:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
As an FYI, two new songs were in September's update files, #31 and #32. I added them to the setbgm addon and pushed a commit, but it has not been published yet.

They're used in the new missions. After playing through them I thought they had added 3 new songs.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-20 12:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
I quit/taking a long break because of Odyssey. Couldn't find a group of people motivated enough or who had enough free time to go when I could go.

I honestly didn't enjoy it much either, but I think that was because I was tired of going with randoms and it feeling forced as daily content.

;/. it kinda has this feelings of expiration on the content. When most people finish their r15 equipment they will most likely not want to redo the content anymore. I really think SE needs to adjust the entry and lower segment cost and increase the KI max to 3.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-09-20 12:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

They're used in the new missions. After playing through them I thought they had added 3 new songs.

They also added 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30.

29 is the Halloween theme from last year, and 30 is Bumba. That leaves 25, 26, 27, 28 along with these two new ones, 31 and 32. That is six new songs. Are you talking about hearing the songs in the missions before the three missions they just added this month? I was specifically talking about September 2021's three missions.
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-09-20 12:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

;/. it kinda has this feelings of expiration on the content. When most people finish their r15 equipment they will most likely not want to redo the content anymore. I really think SE needs to adjust the entry and lower segment cost and increase the KI max to 3.

It really is miss the boat content; there is currently zero incentive (outside of mercing) for players who are done to go back and do gaol fights for other people who haven't finished ranking their stuff.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-09-20 12:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »

I can't think of much content that doesn't have something to return to once one completes the "main objectives". Making the guess you'll need 50k RP to make new weapons at some point.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-09-20 14:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They also added 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30.

29 is the Halloween theme from last year, and 30 is Bumba. That leaves 25, 26, 27, 28 along with these two new ones, 31 and 32. That is six new songs. Are you talking about hearing the songs in the missions before the three missions they just added this month? I was specifically talking about September 2021's three missions.

I just meant the September update. I just recall thinking "Ooh a new song!" x3 while doing them, but I'm probably wrong. :)
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-09-20 14:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just meant the September update. I just recall thinking "Ooh a new song!" x3 while doing them, but I'm probably wrong. :)

Give all six a listen! For science.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-20 15:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna upload them all but then I got lazy. There was a guy who uploaded all the XI songs to his youtube channel, but then he went to XIV and never touched XI again, same old story. Don't think anyone else adds XI music

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]