Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-09-10 00:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58580-September-10-2021-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/September_2021_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/September_2021_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #27
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-09-10 00:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Let’s see if they break something this month.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-09-10 00:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Funk never does it: https://www.twitch.tv/funkworkz
Windower Resources: Updated
KParser: 006213D0 (Changed.)
Box Destroyer: No change.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-09-10 00:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As of now, Valefor has not gone into maintenance and there have been no server messages warning of it up to this point.

SE managed to break maintenance.

Edit: I logged one of my characters out back to POL and the play button is grayed out as expected, but my other character remains in game without issue.
 Valefor.Haydez
Server: Valefor
user: haydez
By Valefor.Haydez 2021-09-10 00:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird. it's still up now. Maybe they accidently updated it a couple days ago when the server mysteriously crashed. haha.

edit: 10:27 PDT and still up. Neat. Finally down at 10:36. wee.
By Sidiov 2021-09-10 01:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can finally store my ??? on slip #3!!!
By waffle 2021-09-10 01:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »
Can finally store my ??? on slip #3!!!
It's a voracious resurgence item, so they leave it as ??? in the update notes for spoiler sensitive folks.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-09-10 01:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Servers up.
By zigzagzig 2021-09-10 01:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously ..... do they need more money for a better Camera or Web content Video edit.....

This is so pathetic, sad and boring ......

By alzeerffxi 2021-09-10 02:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

zigzagzig said: »
Seriously ..... do they need more money for a better Camera or Web content Video edit.....

This is so pathetic, sad and boring ......

its ok we have odyssey we have so much content to do (sarcastic)
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-10 02:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cry babies 24/7, *** off lol
[+]
By zigzagzig 2021-09-10 02:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump voters ?, you probably are, Draylo

I am free to give my opinion on the forum, and you don't need to insult any one about it.

But you can't express yourself without swearing as we can see.
[+]
By Seun 2021-09-10 02:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »
its ok we have odyssey we have so much content to do (sarcastic)

Matsui asked for a new camera so they gave him a webcam from 10 years ago. Players asked for new content so they gave us Walk of Echoes from 10 years ago. Seems to be working as intended.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-10 02:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how some Americans think USA is whole world and throw this random Trump references to people around the globe :)

Edit: I wrote this before he edited his post to target only Draylo
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-10 03:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well apparently they are working on multiple wardrobes, maybe our inventory issues will be gone forever! They also considering expanding the equipsets, I need more lockstyle space.
[+]
By Zubis 2021-09-10 03:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Well apparently they are working on multiple wardrobes, maybe our inventory issues will be gone forever! They also considering expanding the equipsets, I need more lockstyle space.

Man that would be amazing. Job Change and you get a dedicated Wardrobe set per job (and ideally a set of 4 like we have now).

The base 4 Wardrobes we have now could be used for shared items.
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-10 04:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get to the second of the new Voracious missions get the first cutscene where you get the Corsair job then warp out.

Take the Survival Guide to Caedarva Mire, as if you were getting a KI for the Qutrub Ambuscade, turn around and enter Arrapago Reef.

Take your first right and you'll see a bunch of Apkallu, as well as an Apkallu Guide. You can ask it about the Pteraketos but it will give you a prompt saying it looks hungry.

Not sure what to feed it, tried a bunch of things. Currently fishing nearby to see if there's something.

Edit #2: You need to give the Apkallu Guide a Hamsi.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-10 05:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You feed apkallu hamsi in that assault mission, maybe try that

Greenling could be worth a shot too
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-10 05:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Hamsi, cheers!
By Spira 2021-09-10 05:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

that Jade Sepulcher fight is wrecking me lol
By Ruaumoko 2021-09-10 06:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The Marolith you are looking for in the Wajaom Woodlands is where the Hydra usually spawns. Equip the Thunder Hammer in your main weapon slot and approach the Marolith for a cutscene.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-09-10 07:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No longer Feel exclusive lockstyling yagrush on my whm sidekick dammmm you SE
By joemamma 2021-09-10 10:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you guys are talking about. A blue apron. A pointless lockstyle club. Best update ever.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-09-10 10:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue apron with Aqua spikes no less. Game changing stuff...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 11:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

(i actually meant to put this in the other Dev Tracker thread but oh well)

I cannot believe people are STILL complaining about Odyssey and making the "segments/moglophones" argument. We are over half a year into the event. For anyone who was here at release and kept up with it even modestly, you probably earned well over 700k segments (even doing a average like 6k/run) and like 75million gil just from a daily 30 min event. I am literally wasting segments testing things on NMs, helping friends get clears on bosses I no longer need, and I barely play a consistent schedule anymore to even RP my own items, and I STILL have over 100k segments. For returning players it is a huge handicap, but for every week/casuals, farming segments shouldn't be much of a challenge anymore. And your segment total only counts if you can reasonably spend it all before your next boss runs. If you are sitting on tens of thousands of segments, you really have no place to complain at all if they aren't being put to use.

That aside, Odyssey may have its flaws, but it was not failure content at all. The mechanics of each NM is unique. The job system, though feels a bit forced, is creative enough to be challenging. It forced people to stop playing cookie cutter jobs and strats and to actually use all jobs strengths for a common goal. It's a pretty fun event for me (when its not frustrating finding people). Something also not mentioned is that Sheols give a lot of Capacity Points. I have gotten over 100 JP during non-campaign periods, and like 240 during CP campaign. Even returning players can kill two birds with one stone by farming lower tiers/floors and still make progress on their main jobs.

Odyssey offers a lot for players on multiple fronts (challenge, purchaseable (affordable) gear that can be further upgraded, CP, instant gil every day). Is there any other event that offers all of these things directly? Far from a failure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-10 11:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

700k segments?! yeah maybe if the person used every single phone

I can't even imagine grinding a content type that requires every day play. 2 days a week max plz
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 11:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire industry is based around dailies. It obviously works.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-10 11:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
700k segments?! yeah maybe if the person used every single phone

I can't even imagine grinding a content type that requires every day play. 2 days a week max plz
So do it 2 days a week, nothing is stopping you. If the complain is you have to do it daily, guess what you don't have to.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-10 11:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
2 days a week max plz

Then you would qualify as a super casual player who really can't complain about segments, because you are missing opportunities to earn as much as possible. Two days a week isn't enough to be concerned about a moglophone or segment limitation, which is what I was mostly commenting about (which I have seen is the biggest complaint with Odyssey). 700k was a modest estimation based on actually using your KIs.

I mean, when did Segments come out, December? People started farming them maybe in February or March. 6 months ago. 2 runs a week (4 if you store moglopone) @ 6000 segs/run is 12k/wk: 48000/mnth: lifetime earnings around 288k. That is still good enough to make a lot of progress in Gaol, especially now with Amplifiers.

I have to wonder though. If you only play 2x a week, then you probably aren't doing bosses often either (or at all), so a total segment count is irrelevant. Play when you do, spend what you can. Again, that complaint is so weird to use nowadays.
By Meeble 2021-09-10 11:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

More wardrobes are great, but making mog vendor consumables stack to 99 would be even moar better. I know it'd mess with crafting/AH, but that stuff's on a vendor for a reason. They talked about doing it a few years back, but never followed through.

Pet food and Auto oil too, while they're at it.

Hell, if they really want to help inventory issues, make a statless all jobs ambu cape. Can make it cost 100k HM or something ridiculous and it would still be fantastic for inventory space.
First Page 2 3 4