Can We Get More Trusts Please?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » can we get more trusts please?
can we get more trusts please?
By Shichishito 2021-08-16 10:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

as much as it's desirable i doubt we'll see trusts with adjustable AI. it's probably more effort than to add trusts with preset AI and and we know how much SE dreads effort.
i'm also afraid SE views preset AI as a way of balancing to make sure trusts don't become overpowered.

Stiggymund suggested trust equipment, imho that would channel in a inventory nightmare and if it's for anything other than lockstyle it would most likely make trusts very overpowered.

equipment is just another way of customisation, making tradeoffs. they already gave us that choice in the form of mementos and i'm pretty sure it was a deliberate choice to keep those mementos pretty tame, again for balances sake.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-16 10:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like just the ability to turn stuff off.

I don't want rdms burning through their entire mp pool in 10 mobs casting distract II on ***I don't need it cast on. and turn off ws. Turn off ballad/paeon/flurry/aoe

it's a reasonable compromise, they're still bad, they're just slightly less bad.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2021-08-16 11:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They could implement Trust as Fellow .....

Could augment Trust with Magian...

Could , but won't SE is too busy making return return return campaign and loosy Teeshirt....... and Repaint Mount TOO !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-16 11:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be cool if they added a system like FFXII's Gambit System to Trusts and Adventuring Fellows. Customize them exactly as you need.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-16 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I always wanted them to boost up the adventuring fellow to be the ultimate trust, best tank, best healer, best dps.

They seem unwilling to put the effort into that though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-16 11:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how hard it would be to make your Fellow into a Trust, yet still keep them customizable. I based my entire FFXI backstory on my original Fellow.
[+]
By missdivine 2021-08-16 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I don't want rdms burning through their entire mp pool in 10 mobs casting distract II on ***I don't need it cast on. and turn off ws. Turn off ballad/paeon/flurry/aoe

it's a reasonable compromise, they're still bad, they're just slightly less bad.

A simple customization toggle will fix/balance the trust issue tremendously which shouldn't be hard to code at all.

AA taru only doing sleepga2 would help a lot with most content. But I don't think they don't want that
 Odin.Talym
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Talym
By Odin.Talym 2021-08-16 14:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fallingstars said: »
Bring back Cornelia (sp*)

This. Just give the best Trust back to us.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2021-08-16 15:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I second this idea actually. Something as simple as the old Gambit System from FFXII comes to mind, even if it’s only as basic as turning certain functions on or off. Such a feature would be nice to have.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-16 15:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time this comes up I mention 12, trusts are for all intents and purposes 12 party members, but ***because their gambits are factory set.
[+]
By Meeble 2021-08-16 16:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect that SE doesn't view trusts the way that most of the players in this thread do. Using SE logic, trusts are surrogate pug players, therefore they should have the same idiosyncrasies and sub-optimal behavior that those players would, like a WHM getting slept because they want to melee, a melee who keeps using AOE, or a RDM that gives you flurry instead of haste no matter what you ask for.

To paraphrase Donny R... You do content with the WHM you have, not the WHM you want or the BiS healbot you wish you had.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-16 16:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not wrong, obviously they are bad on purpose. The point was always to convince them to change their stance on it.

Not make the trusts good just less worse. And they have made minor adjustments. Some fast cast, some snapshot, some gear haste.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-16 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The only meaningful update to trusts came in the form of Moogle Mastery, which doesn't improve their behavior at all. Which is why it's so weird they locked that buff behind Odyssey.
By Manque 2021-08-16 18:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Talym said: »

I missed the boat on this one when she was accessible. What makes her so good?
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-16 19:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
Odin.Talym said: »

I missed the boat on this one when she was accessible. What makes her so good?

24/7 Haste +20%, Accuracy +30, Ranged Accuracy +30, Magic Accuracy +30

She was a passive trust like Kupofried, Sakura, etc.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-16 19:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i also remember some quest to increase trust lvl or something although the effect is barely noticeable. would be nice tho if your skillchain partner trust had enough ACC to content like omen and odyssey.
By Guyford 2021-08-16 20:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe food that affects trusts
By Shichishito 2021-08-16 22:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe it's my moogle mastery but i believe they miss hard on floor 1 odyssey, if you feed them marine stewpot they'll probably start missing on the higher floors.

i think you even need to feed them marine stewpots in order to hit apex mobs reliably. melee trusts occupy a party slot and offer no good buffs or debuffs, they can't deal real damage, the least they should do is be a reliable skillchain partner without needing too much baby sitting.
sadly most of them miss out of the box, try to close skillchains instead of opening them and even throw in random WS to screw you over.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-17 00:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts arent there to meet your dps check on endgame CP fodder.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-08-17 01:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
can we get more trusts please?
We don't need more trusts, we need Cornelia!
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-17 07:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Trusts arent there to meet your dps check on endgame CP fodder.
didn't ask for trusts to deal damage, for all i care they could hit for 1dmg/hit including WS as long as they generate steady TP and skillchain with you.
if a melee trust can't deal damage, can't assist you with skillchains but instead throws you curveballs, doesn't bring any interesting buffs, debuffs or gimmicks to the table then there is no reason to use him. we have plenty of those.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-18 22:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe better mementos then?
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-08-19 01:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope if anything, they fix the current issues with trusts.

Really not a fan of waiting to summon trusts after inviting someone ><
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-08-19 05:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Maybe food that affects trusts

AoE food already effects trusts you just need to keep them out or they lose it.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-19 07:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »

Yeah, that too. I actually feel like I can't be bothered to ask someone to join me if we've both got trusts already, because it takes so long to fill the party afterwards.

I don't even get it. Is that intentional to prevent some sort of abuse?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-19 08:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »

What I used to do was have someone else form the party then change leader to whoever will summon trusts.

Whats annoying is if you invite people, have an "o damn" moment and break the party up, you're STILL locked out for 2 min or whatever.
By Shichishito 2021-08-19 11:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
AoE food already effects trusts you just need to keep them out or they lose it.
imho AoE food should have 2 buff effects, one beeing the food effect for you so you can still antacid to get rid of it and the second should be a aura buff to affect your trusts and pets. if you have real players in party they should also receive both, the food and aura buff.
zoning or switching out trusts is so common, you even have to desummon if you invite a real player, you shouldn't lose the AoE food buff because of it.