Can We Get More Trusts Please?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » can we get more trusts please?
can we get more trusts please?
First Page 2
By Shichishito 2021-08-15 12:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the last one we got was monberaux like 2(?) years ago. playing with new trust configurations to solo more difficult content is quite entertaining and imho the ones we have still don't cover all the basics.
By joemamma 2021-08-15 13:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What they really need is more useful trusts. A lot of trusts you never use.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 13:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fix what we have > add more garbage
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-15 13:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see all of the UCs get a tiny bit of an update, and then maybe add some polish to some lackluster trusts.

Also, rotate those limited time trusts...
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-15 13:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for our BLU trust, Raubahn!
[+]
By missdivine 2021-08-15 13:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather have a lot of orthodox content fixed and add basic mmorpg features such as;

Search function to AH.

Labeled crucial starting npcs.

Quests markers on maps.

3 days wait time for character deletion to combat RMT.

Add cosmetic shop to change character races (which shouldn't be hard
to code that into the game).

Short POL log-in steps..

Get rid of old forgotten ballista content and put a simple battle arena/pvp toggle in maps.

FIX/add options to the targeting system.

Add a distinguishable aura to survival guide books.

Remove einherjar cool down now that most weapons are irrelevant.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-15 13:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lillith when.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-08-15 13:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take a 3 song brd trust that does honor march and a proper RDM with refresh 3 and 10+ minute haste please.
By Shichishito 2021-08-15 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

there definitely are a lot of trusts with a weak combination of WS/abilities/stats and AI that they don't get any use and this is how we should retort if they come around the corner with the "there are already too many trust spells, we can't add any more" arguement.

i'd like to see for example a RDM (i know we already have plenty of those) that casts bio III instead of dia III. or a trust with light based dispel maybe trusts with pets to increase head count to counter mechanics like odins Geirrothr. pretty basic stuff that should already be covered but isn't, i'm sure you guys can come up with more examples.

Draylo said: »
Still waiting for our BLU trust, Raubahn!
Areuhat and Maximilian have a little bit of BLU vibes in their design and they are just as useless as BLU currently is, does that count?

outside of monberaux and ygnas (bad effort/reward ratio) i kinda enjoyed collecting new trusts, had a bit of "got to catch them all" feel to it, ofc would be nicer if they'd be usefull, too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2021-08-15 13:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine with the trusts we have but having a bit more control over them would be nice.

Ability to toggle healer/dps preferences

Also a mild buff to the trust's abilities would help. Allow Bard trusts to have 3 songs, longer duration.

Maybe a BLU style menu points system where we can equip passive traits for trust classes, so people can give conserve MP to mage trusts, song and enhancing duration to support trusts, and -dt to tank trusts.
 Siren.Cynwulf
Server: Siren
user: cynwulf
By Siren.Cynwulf 2021-08-15 13:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I like all of these ideas! Better trusts = I can delete my BRD and RDM alts for slight downgrades which is probably ok for the simple content I play = two less accounts paid for each month. SE probably will not shoot themselves in their own foot and lose more subs… more than they already have with some of their changes the last few years.
By Shichishito 2021-08-15 14:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

and lose all the pay to win advantages like ambuscade reward multiplier, trove, gobbie box, min. 3 ppl content? i don't think so.
not to mention that all trusts, regardless of their jobs, are all balanced to be far inferior to a half decently equiped real player.
[+]
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2021-08-15 14:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see more potions to the adventuring fellow be updated to be an (A) trust. Like being able to customize their gear more, hell even trade them completed REMA's. Have them in WHM Empy legs and a yagrush for example. This would open up the three-song bard idea and even the spell duration gear.
Then update the interface to include more of a focused selection of the abilities they can perform in the role you chose them to play. Maybe even add in quests to adjust the traits and abilities. Can put a cap on the traits abilities similar to Blue magic points.
This system had such potential but was left behind and during a time the game was making millions more than it is today.
[+]
By Zubis 2021-08-15 14:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh they'd probably lock new trusts behind Deeds and it'll take you 2 years of playtime to get them.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-15 14:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

they did that befor with monberaux and ppl were pissed cause it took too long/much effort and ofc the trust couldn't live up to it either, they can't cause if you spend half a year or more you expect REMA lvl performance which would lead to balance issues with trusts.

so yeah, not looking forward to another monberaux situation at all, hope they learned their lesson.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-15 15:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me a while to get Monbo but it's hard to complain about how they did it for him, he is a very unique trust.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-15 16:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't find him that great really, what distinguishs him the most from other WHM trusts is that he doesn't rely on MP but as a trade of his heals are a lot weaker. his buffs have very short duration, including protect shell and he's kinda squishy. just another mediocre support healer, no replacement to the unity alternatives.

afaik the rumor about him beeing able to cure amnesia was debunked so i really don't get the hype around him.
sofar i couldn't find a single solo that wasn't already possible pre monberaux.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 16:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Monbro makes it really damned hard to MBK ffs, *** constantly refills party mp/hp
By RadialArcana 2021-08-15 16:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest gripe with Monbo is the weekly method to boost him sucks, I really don't know why they made it a sliding scale of gil required from 10k to 100k based on how much gil you own. I know you can just give your gil to an alt to get the 10k option but it's still stupid.

Quote:
Mix: Final Elixir: Restores HP/MP fully up to two times. Requires Elixir and Hi-Elixir donation to Monberaux in Upper Jeuno.
Mix: Panacea-1: Removes erasable ailments. Becomes AoE after a 10,000 - 100,000 Gil donation to Monberaux
[+]
By fallingstars 2021-08-15 16:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring back Cornelia (sp*)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2021-08-15 16:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
I rather have a lot of orthodox content fixed and add basic mmorpg features such as;

Remove einherjar cool down now that most weapons are irrelevant.

While I def agree that the cool down needs to go (and give it a queue), I completely disagree with your reasoning here. I seriously doubt Yagrush, Nirvana and death penalty (I’m missing a few other really good ones I’m sure), will ever be considered ‘irrelevant’.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-08-15 16:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just change current trusts like Luzaf rolling only DPS increasing rolls instead of rolling nothing. Changing WHMs to use Nott as soon as they get to lower MP instead of using cures till they run out of MP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-15 16:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget more trusts, over half are unusable or not worth the party slot. Instead, give us gambit-styled trusts we can program. Let me on RNG or COR pick if the RDM trust I summon gives me Flurry or Haste is the simplest example I can give, but there are dozens of situations where just letting us pick what buffs our trusts give us would be a greater improvement than creating new AI patterns dressed up like a favorite NPC.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-15 16:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You have access to the best trusts in the game if you just spend 12$ and set up "automation".
By Shichishito 2021-08-15 17:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

for now i'll stick to the free ones who don't have the potential to get you banned.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-15 17:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts should never be good enough to discourage making partys, nor should they be so bad that nobody ever uses them. Some of the lesser used trusts should get a boost, but the regularly used ones are already too good. Adding even more trusts to the mix gives us greater options to solo things, which again, this is a game with players. Trusts are only meant for lesser content which no one will bother to come help with. You can beat some crazy things with a team of Trusts, so they are already overpowered.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-15 18:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

trusts deal weak damage, most of them have less buffs and all of their buffs are weaker than a real players version. the only thing where they outshine a real player is in cure reaction time. however they can only react to what's already happened and don't anticipate certain cenarios, they get cought in unwanted behaviour loops and can't properly MP manage so a real healer still comes out on top in most situations..
there is probably not a single trust anyone would favor over a somewhat decently equiped real player.

the real reason someone would take a trust over a real player is cause they don't want to spend hours of shouting to assemble a party and then in most cases even have to compete over loot with them.

trusts aren't overpowered. it's 2021 GDI, give us a proper party finder or step up the trust game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-15 19:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
trusts deal weak damage, most of them have less buffs and all of their buffs are weaker than a real players version. the only thing where they outshine a real player is in cure reaction time. however they can only react to what's already happened and don't anticipate certain cenarios, they get cought in unwanted behaviour loops and can't properly MP manage so a real healer still comes out on top in most situations..
there is probably not a single trust anyone would favor over a somewhat decently equiped real player.

the real reason someone would take a trust over a real player is cause they don't want to spend hours of shouting to assemble a party and then in most cases even have to compete over loot with them.

trusts aren't overpowered. it's 2021 GDI, give us a proper party finder or step up the trust game.

The "not sharing loot" thing only works while doing Lady Lilith. Literally any other fight in the game isn't worth doing unless you go VD with 6 people (except Ambuscade).
By DaneBlood 2021-08-15 20:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering you don't believe it is possible to make a lot of gill from sparks farming (when it was uncapped) and that you don't believe people can legit R15 REMA's
I'm not surprised you need trust's to be stronger to be able to play the game.

Personally I see them as an annoying necessary evil that is there to fill in some cracks. Not a part of the main game. I like to play my multiplayer games... multiplayer.

i would much rater go back to the old fellower single helper. and then add that you could gear him/her up (think diablo 2) and adjust behavior on.
First Page 2