Dem galka bots doe
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-08 16:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was only 400 higher than last month. That falls quite short of expectation.

8/1/2021 - 8/31/2021 1,939
7/1/2021 - 7/31/2021 1,553

BUT! For the first time in a decade I got a cheating botting email/ban at 10pm on tuesday. That's far outside normal protocol. Really caught me off guard, I'd have actually been annoyed if it wasn't a 3 day. It was 12 days later than usual.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-08 16:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

really odd seeing what i say and have experienced over 16 years getting validated by you slowly but surely.

thank you for your vigilance.

it's also odd you took the time/effort to edit out the gil banned

8/1/2021 - 8/31/2021 1,939 Approx. 14.7 billion
7/1/2021 - 7/31/2021 1,553 Approx. 11.8 billion
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-08 16:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the gil is irrelevant and just as fake

All the galka consolidate the gil and/or get banned with zero (essentially zero) so it's less than meaningless, in context.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-08 16:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

it's just odd you base your reasoning/logic over this proclaimed fake metric instead of any other reasoning/logic that is given to you despite being proven wrong again and again when it comes to bottings/ban timings/etc.

you're an odd potato. keep on fighting. you're a solid argument for the anti work movement
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-08 16:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I watch bots all day long (not mine, other peoples)

They disappear for a day, a week, for a month, for six months. You think they were banned, nope. They took a break.

The part that never makes sense is the why. The only reasonable answer is avoiding the ban, and as they come back, I assume, it works. (some non zero percentage of the time)
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-08 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

almost like ffxi is in an eb and flow of supply and demand and these people(especially the chinese botters) go to other games when demand is low.

just absolutely bonkers that this would be the case
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-08 16:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about single bots, not chinese bot armies. in that post. Not the piles of galkas trying to make cash, the single idiot whos using a chakram to bot 1 mob per minute for 10k CP an hour.

But yeah, so you agree they take breaks. Like I said. They're clearly taking a break currently.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-08 17:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

they likely take breaks from mass creating new characters to bot on for 3 days and get banned, yes.
By missdivine 2021-09-08 19:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

STF is indeed banning gil bots, 3.4k players online as soon the discount campaign started > down to 2.6k every day since the banning. Dho gates barely have any JP bots left. I find really weird they don't do any IP or HWID ban for ffxi or ff14.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-08 20:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

there are only 4 million ipv4 addresses(for something like 20b devices) and lots of players share similar proxy services which tunnel them through the same 15 or so and HWID is not something anyone bans for because it is insanely unreliable.

less people are online after the free campaign because the game is no longer.. free.
[+]
By missdivine 2021-09-08 20:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, but I really doubt unsubbed players/alt accounts care that much for a few days of re/free-login.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-08 20:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
You all have such a realistic* view of this game and its player lol
I fixed this statement.
By Shichishito 2021-09-08 20:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
HWID is not something anyone bans for because it is insanely unreliable.
what makes HWID banning unreliable?
By Draylo 2021-09-08 22:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
I fixed this statement.

Not really. Honestly its a little weird that theres so many unhealthy minded people that are obsessed with hating on this game and people who still enjoy it. I've seen a lot of other MMOs and have yet to see them there. Usually people who hate games and their communities don't continue to play the game or interact on their forums... Just really weird.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-09 05:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
the HWID polling has to be done client side, so hooking the functions that get the device info or the function that sends it can let you put whatever HWIDs you want

for that matter, you can directly spoof device ids and other data too
By joemamma 2021-09-09 07:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I watch bots all day long (not mine, other peoples)

They disappear for a day, a week, for a month, for six months. You think they were banned, nope. They took a break.

The part that never makes sense is the why. The only reasonable answer is avoiding the ban, and as they come back, I assume, it works. (some non zero percentage of the time)

How do we not you aren't a bot. Check here () if you aren't a bot.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-09 08:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I fixed this statement.

Not really. Honestly its a little weird that theres so many unhealthy minded people that are obsessed with hating on this game and people who still enjoy it. I've seen a lot of other MMOs and have yet to see them there. Usually people who hate games and their communities don't continue to play the game or interact on their forums... Just really weird.

the majority of people hate the communities of the games they play. go read literally anything around the communities of ff14 or WoW.

or lets expand it, you've heard good things about the league of legends and fortnite communities? lol...

hopefully i'm in the same boat as others, i don't hate ffxi, i just think SE is lazy as *** and needs to actually do something with the game
By joemamma 2021-09-09 08:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I fixed this statement.

the majority of people hate the communities of the games they play. go read literally anything around the communities of ff14 or WoW.

or lets expand it, you've heard good things about the league of legends and fortnite communities? lol...

hopefully i'm in the same boast as others, i don't hate ffxi, i just think SE is lazy as *** and needs to actually do something with the game

They did do something. They made a level 1 apron that is blue. I've been requesting this for months now.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-09-09 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
HWID is not something anyone bans for because it is insanely unreliable.
Spoofing

Could somehow cause legitimate players to be perma banned before they ever start playing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 13:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Elf bots are back, neato
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14