Ramuh Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-11 00:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not live yet, just want to make sure the new naming pattern gets used. Stack up every buff in the game and make his HP 0 before yours, is the strat.

Immediate use of Lightning Armor - Possible to remove with JA/Blue Spells but resists dispel/finale. Uses Stunga (enmity reset)/Bolt Strike/Chaotic Strike/Thunder Spark (single target) every 20 seconds regardless of TP. Will use Astral Conduit Bolt Strike spam (another enmity change on use)

After Ramuh a SMN Doppleganger will spawn and call elemental avatars. Uses Alexander or Odin @ around 50% (ANOTHER enmity swap)

VE/E Kill ramuh, kill whichever avatar spawns, kill Doppleganger. Pretty straight forward.

N Kill Ramuh, Kill whichever avatar spawns, then sleep/grav doppleganger and kill immediately or wait for 2 additional elemental avatars.

D/VD same, but more elemental avatars. 21k HP give or take on the doppleganger, 2 QD around 10k each to kill.

Alex/Odin can be killed, if you're capable, low HP, but some risk. Can be run from as well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-08-11 01:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But a "new mechanic" is something to look for.

inb4 a zone full of fetters to lag the *** out of everyone
[+]
By Zubis 2021-08-11 03:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Game's up. Tried it before work on Very Easy.

Regular Ambuscade
Fight's against a mandy Vengeful Citrulius who summons two mandy ads. Seems to be invincible to physical attacks.
You need to /point at it to summon more mobs and maybe /clap to boost your party. I did this twice and physical defense dropped.

Intense Ambuscade
Part 1 is a fight's against Bozzetto Ramuh directly. Has either a high regen or absorb magic, but I Geocrushed him to death. Seemed pretty straight forward. He uses Stunga.
Part 2 to the fight is a fight against Bozzetto Doppelganger - a clone of yourself or maybe your full party. It Astral Flowed with Alexander. But I wiped it out pretty easily.
By iamaman 2021-08-11 04:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

V1 KI is elementals. That'll be fun.

VD is only one Ramuh to start with. He starts with spikes, they seem to stun with some frequency upon successful hits. Same effect on N. I tried spamming spells to see if it would dispel it, but no luck. I had trouble hitting him also, seems to have high eva, but I also wasn't buffed aside from trusts.

Was able to solo kill Ramuh on V1N as NIN/WAR with trusts. Same spikes effect, stuns you every few hits. Ramuh did not Astral Flow or do anything significant, but his enthunder does hurt.

Once Ramuh dies, another avatar spawned (Titan for me), along with a Buzzetto Doppelganger. The Doppelganger is a SMN and summons an avatar. It runs away while it is targeted and sits on the other side of the zone while not targeted. I chased it around the zone while it ran away from me the entire time. Eventually another avatar will spawn (Carby for me), at which point the Doppelganger takes 0 physical damage and stops running.

Second spawned avatars have less HP than Ramuh. My ~9k SBs (unbuffed, trusts only) against Ramuh on N were taking ~3% of his health, whereas the other avatars were knocked down double digits (~15%) and took slightly increased damage. I couldn't WS the Doppelganger because it kept running away. At one point 3 avatars were up (Titan, Ifrit, and Carby), it stopped running away, and took 0 physical damage. While only 1 avatar was up initially, the SMN took reduced white damage, but I couldn't hit it enough to tell if it was an effect of Titan's Earthen Armor wearing off or not.

I died after that.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-11 04:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

List of all the moves this months Ambuscade can do, can't tell if some are locked out of lower tiers or not.
 Asura.Setho
user: Setho
By Asura.Setho 2021-08-11 04:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Zentetsuken in my face on E, so keep RR up :P
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 05:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

VD

Ramuh can Conduit and will proceed to spam Bolt Strike.
Stunnga makes him ignore tank and go after 2nd target on the hate list and it completely ignores anything tank will do to get hate back. It's possible that only targets being hit by Stunnga are considered in this mechanic, because when I automaton tanked from 30 yalms away, it stayed on automaton.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-08-11 05:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
VD Ramuh can Conduit and will proceed to spam Bolt Strike.

Quote:
Stunnga makes him ignore tank and go after 2nd target on the hate list and it completely ignores anything tank will do to get hate back.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 05:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Stunnga makes him ignore tank and go after 2nd target on the hate list and it completely ignores anything tank will do to get hate back. It's possible that only targets being hit by Stunnga are considered in this mechanic, because when I automaton tanked from 30 yalms away, it stayed on automaton.

This seems to be time based. Around 30 sec?
Also after I killed Ramuh, I had 4 SMNs popped on Difficult. They were popping like once every 30-60 sec XD

EDIT: 5 avatars

Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-11 05:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't we just get the *** frog ambuscade back so I can get some points
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-11 05:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

is this finally the time to shine for onca suite?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 05:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it should be much more doable with full party tbh. Ramuh has really low HP pool, other Avatars too. I can see zerg party just destroys this with easy.
By iamaman 2021-08-11 05:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I noticed the hate resets also. Seemed to wear off quickly on the easier difficulties (VE-N) I tried.

He didn't Conduit and spam for me on N, but he did when I tried on VE.
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 05:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I was able to put up 7700 MB Helix with my SCH alt on Ramuh (good gear, but nothing close to Agwu for example), with just COR buffs and 4900 non MB helix on other avatars. With better buffs and gear, you can probably cap helix (maybe even without MB) on all those avatars, which means they will slowly die from one Helix. I can risk theory, that you can even die while doing it on each avatar and watch them drop to the ground when they stays unaggroed in the middle.

EDIT: While I was writing it, Mischief actually did it lol. He duoed VD with RUN and SCH helixing everything.
 Carbuncle.Bien
Server: Carbuncle
user: Bien
By Carbuncle.Bien 2021-08-11 05:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

iamaman said: »

Good thing every Ru'Aun Gardens HP warp besides 5 takes you nearly directly to elementals, not the quickest KI farm but certainly not the worst we have seen.
 Asura.Setho
user: Setho
By Asura.Setho 2021-08-11 06:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Umbrils and porxies also work
By iamaman 2021-08-11 06:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen the SMN flee the way it did the first run for me, I wonder if it only does that if the avatars aren't up? The other runs I did, it stayed fairly stationary.

Carbuncle.Bien said: »
iamaman said: »

Good thing every Ru'Aun Gardens HP warp besides 5 takes you nearly directly to elementals, not the quickest KI farm but certainly not the worst we have seen.

Yea, I didn't consider that.

Porxies work also, I got one that way. I'd also assume Heartwings/Pixies/Umbrils would as well.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 07:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just knocked out an exploratory D. Doppleganger stops running after 4 avatars are slain. Upon being engaged, he immediately Astral Flowed, I saw Alexander pop up but he didn't get perfect defense off before Doppleganger was dead. After Doppleganger was dead, I had to finish off a stray Shiva that was still up./
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 08:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to trio D with DD on BLU with BRD and COR buffs.

- Fenrir can be slept by light based sleep
- Ramuh is annoying with spikes and couldnt dispel them with both light and dark based dispel. Its still possible to be lucky with 5% random chance dispel, but it puts it up fast
- All avatars are rather low HP. Dark aligned avatars takes good damage from light skillchain and skillchain with element of their weakness. They are healed by darkness and their own element. Light aligned avatars the same, but darkness and light switch places in that description obviously
- Carbuncle possibly can be slept with dark based sleep, but I havent tried. It also has way less HP than other avatars. On D it has like 50-60k (can be killed with good 2step darkness)
- I think I was doing like 50% WS damage than normally, but Im not sure if that's attack issue or they just have 50% melee reduction. I think it's 50% melee reduction, because Requiescat was doing normal damage and with uncapped attack it should suck even more
- On D, I was almost able to kill next avatar, before another get summoned with just BLU DDing. I was doing Requiescat > Expiacion for Darkness and just Expiacion spam otherwise
- Bolt Strike is strong. It can one shot DD, but not tank. BLU with own def buffs is able to survive one easily and Occultation is awesome against it. I haven't got hit once with Occultation up
- Stunnga is not considered an aoe spell, so it doesn't wipe blink and probably also doesn't wipe shadows
- Mischief killed summoner on D before killing NMs and that's get punished by avatars doing their Astral Flows around 60% and those one shots everything
- Summoner will AF with Odin or Alexander around 50%hp. Odin will Zantetsuken even if you kill Summoner and reraise won't help you survive it. You still win if everyone die from Zantetsuken if you killed Summoner before
- Ramuh will Conduit (around 50% or 60% I guess), but I think it doesn't get any notification in log. It just starts spamming Bolt Strike every 2-3 sec. You can easily just kite him during that time if you don't have tank/shadows/Occultation
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 08:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR in full Sakpata was just taking Bolt Strike conduit to the face. Highest damage it did was about 1300. A WHM dropping a fat cureskin made the one after often times do 0.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-11 08:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
is this finally the time to shine for onca suite?

As goofy as it sound, I use this set whenever stuns are unbearably annoying. Assuming I won't get flattened with the Adamas. I used this a bunch on the Iron Giant Ambuscade as soon as Manafont was done.

ItemSet 381488

PDT/MDT/BDT: 50
HP: 2414
Enmity: 29~34 Enmity
Resist All: 51
Resist Stun: 176
Resist Bind: 86
Resist Gravity: 86
Resist Sleep: 65 (Another +30 from PLD traits)
Resist Charm: 15

**All Resist Traits are 1/2'd on NMs and cap at 90%**
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-11 08:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
WAR in full Sakpata was just taking Bolt Strike conduit to the face. Highest damage it did was about 1300. A WHM dropping a fat cureskin made the one after often times do 0.

On DRK with LR up in full sakpata, I got one shoted for 2400 on VD and I even had one Minne I think, so it depends what buffs you have.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh is annoying with spikes and couldnt dispel them with both light and dark based dispel. Its still possible to be lucky with 5% random chance dispel, but it puts it up fast
Troubadour Finale resisted. Probably just immune.
By Malaketth 2021-08-11 09:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got hit for 2k in full DT on VD. Probably need to layer in a scherzo or stoneskin or one for all whatever for when ramuh is up.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-11 09:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Scherzo probably wont help you since its a multihit.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 10:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/SAM/COR/WHM/BRD/SCH got the job done in VD. Couple mistakes led to it being a 20 minute affair.

My original idea was that the more melee that are engaged on him, the more he will use Stunga. So nobody engaged for a minute and lo and behold, he did not use Stunga once. Interesting thing to note is that in 5 attempts prior, Ramuh opened with Thunder Armor > Stunga. This time, I pulled with Elegy and he used Thunder Armor > Thunderspark instead. He exclusively used Thunderspark almost in place of Stunga until I dropped a fat dia 2 on him, at which point he reverted to Stunga spam until he used Conduit.

The next step was Rana > Fudo spam with SCH helix & MB. It worked okay, but constant interruptions by Stunga just ruin every step of the process. We limped thru. We had tried it WITHOUT the SAM engaging (due to theory about engaged = stunga) but it did't matter. Stunga happened when nobody was engaged. The only time Stunga didn't happen was when THE ONLY DEBUFF ON RAMUH WAS CARNAGE ELEGY. Though, that was only for about a 45 second period of time and might've been a fluke. Don't etch that in stone.

Silence completely resists. Finale resist with SV troubadour, don't bother.

PLD lives thru Conduit Bolt Strike spam with Ochain. Probably would just take zero damage with Sentinel, but I think he had used Sentinel earlier because Stunga resets hate.

Another note: no amount of m.eva matters for Stunga OR Shock Spikes. The strongest barthundra and SV thunder carol did nothing to mitigate either the duration or the chance of it landing.

After Ramuh died, I was worried because the avatars come fast and furious. Way faster than SAM and SCH could keep up. I thought that after all the avatars were out, he would just immediately Odin or Astral Flow them all at once, but that was NOT the case. It was rather peaceful after they were all out. Just PLD uses corner-tech and you take them out one by one with either Rana > Fudo or Fudo > Fudo with the appropriate SCH bursts. Somebody else mentioned that you can sleep them based on the element they are weak to. So a combination of Sleep2 and Lullaby could get them all for an even more tame experience.

When only Doppelganger remains, he takes MEGA reduced damage, but to compensate, he has like a nickels worth of HP. Fudo > Fudo > Thunder Helix. Spam Fudo until he Astral Flows and WHATEVER it is, Helix kills him the rest of the way. If it's Perfect Defense, Helix is still knocking off 4% HP every tick. If it's Zantesuken, Helix is still knockin off 4% HP every tick even if you are dead. Helix finishes the job here basically.

Yukisoba and I were multi-boxing, so this could've been much faster, as this was our first time and we were panicking a bit/had forgotten to do certain things.

I would imagine with some fine tuning this goes down to 13 minutes on VD. Probably further if the secret to avoiding Stunga is discovered.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-08-11 10:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
PLD lives thru Conduit Bolt Strike spam with Ochain. Probably would just take zero damage with Sentinel
Just to elaborate, Sentinel indeed mitigates it almost thoroughly, I am just a bad player and didn't think of it until halfway through it. :)
By Draylo 2021-08-11 10:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Can't we just get the *** frog ambuscade back so I can get some points

Yall wanted harder content no? Kept being thrown around "only savage blade everything to death, EZ game." I'm glad they trying different strategies.

What is Bolt Strike? Is it a new bloodpact?
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-11 10:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerds.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10